BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Journals
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Journals Do you have a long term project you would like to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old Sat, Feb-04-2017, 09:05:11 PM   #1
nasieg

In the garage:

United States

Default My '04 Silver Grey, 6mt, street/HPDE car

How I got here

It's going to take some time to sum up 40 years of BMW enthusiasm, so skip over this section if you just care about the current stuff ;-).

My passion for BMW’s started in my early childhood, when my dad bought his first used 2002. Shortly after we moved from CA back to his home country Switzerland, he was set on getting a BMW 2002, after years of driving VW Beetles. Being that he just started a new career, he opted to get a used one first, but it didn’t take long for him to excel at his new job, and a year later he traded it in for a brand new model. I remember it like it was yesterday. He told my brother and I that he had a surprise, and we drove to Bern, which was about 30 km away from where we lived. We pulled up to a small dealership where a shinny new, orange 2002 was waiting for us.

Proud dad, with his first new car ~1973

Being that he drove quite a lot for work and wanted to keep that new car feeling alive, he ended up trading his cars in every 2-3 years. He had a standing agreement with his dealer, to get a fixed trade in value, based on the miles he drove. It was quite a good deal, and at some point the dealer couldn’t honor it anymore, but up that point in time we went through about 7 BMW's, from 2002 to E23 to E30’s.

That is me in the back seat, probably age 12 or so.

When I was finally old enough to drive myself, we had, what would be my dad's last BMW, an e30 325is with the M sport package. He didn’t really ever let me take it out on my own, but I got to drive it a few times with him ridding shot gun. I still remember how much more refined it felt than anything I had driven up to that point, and that inline 6, what a glorious engine, pure silk.

That would be a cool car to have even today.

So needless to say, I was a hooked on Bimmers and followed the company and its Motorsports endeavors for most of my life. I always had a passion for cars, but at the core was a love for the ones with the Roundel. Their success in DTM, Group A and Formula 1 only added to it.

Of course I could not afford a BMW at a young age, especially not in Switzerland, where at the time, you did not buy a car, unless you really could pay for it. There was no such thing as leasing, and buying on credit was frowned upon. So I took solace in a VW GTI Mk1, as my first "sports car'", and for that time it was pretty fast and hip.

115hp felt pretty fast back then ;-)

A few years later I decided to move back to California and left everything behind. I started working in the Silicon Valley as a machinist (the trade I learned in Switzerland) and within a few years worked my way up to shop foreman in a medium size company. I finally made the type of money to be able to afford a new BMW and for my 30th birthday signed a lease on a ‘95 e36 325is, black on black with a 5 speed and most of the desired options.

Never took a pic of that car :-(

All the memories of how solid, refined, sporty and luxurious my dad’s e30 325is felt came back. I loved the car and was pretty happy with it, except that BMW just launched the e36 M3 for the US market and it got a lot of good press. As luck would have it, only 1.5 years later, a local BMW dealer (Allison in Sunnyvale) made me a pretty good offer taking my 325is as a trade in, if I leased a new M3. They had a beautiful Boston green M3 with dove gray interior which I gladly drove off the lot. At the time I loved that color combo , but in retrospect it was probably not the most popular choice.

Not the best lighting in this picture. Actual color is much more vibrant.

I had signed a 3 year lease and enjoyed the car tremendously. But now I started to get in to the same habit as my dad did back in the day, wanting to keep that new car feeling and was always trying to keep up with the latest and greatest. This was fueled by living in the Silicon Valley and the dot com boom generating a lot of “keeping up with the Jones's” type of tendencies. So I kept an eye on the development of the e46 M3, which was starting to get a lot of hype. Finally a real M engine for the US market. However, there were delays in the production, due to the rod bearing issue in early cars and testing. This delayed the launch in the US and I had a deposit on one of the first cars coming to my dealer (Claridges in Fremont). I had to extend the lease on my e36 M3 for another 6 month, but even after that time, the new M3’s hadn’t hit our shores yet. So my sales guy found me a silver 330ci with Steptronic. I was not fond of getting an automatic, but since I had just gotten married and knew it would enable my wife to drive the car as well, I decided to live with it.
Even though I only had the car for a year, I managed to change wheels and suspension and got some 19" BBS CH's. 19" wheels was pushing the envelope at that point. These wheels actually looked A LOT better in person than the picture does it justice. Funny story, when my wife drove the car to work once (she worked at a large Semiconductor company) she noticed two co-workers admiring the car and wheels as she was walking up from behind, when of the guy asked the other, are those 18" wheels? She unlocked the car and said calmly, no, they are 19's, got in and drove off.

At this point in time I had given up getting the e46 M3 and asked for my deposit back. I did not think I would want one anymore, because my wife was pregnant and I would have taken a pretty big hit on the 330ci after only one year. Even though I canceled my spot, the dealer was still getting the car they ordered for me, Imola red, black interior, sunroof, Xenon, HK, Premium Package. So when the car arrived at the dealership they called me and asked if I at least wanted to come see it and still gave me first right of refusal. This was obviously a big mistake to just go “look” at it. Once I saw the car in person it was game over. I called my wife at work to see what she thought about it. She told me to do whatever I wanted and gave me her blessing. Good to have a wife that understands your needs ;-). Two hours later I drove off in it and went through the painful 1200 mile brake in period. Generally I was not too paranoid about following the break in on new cars, as stringently as recommended, but with all the internet buzz about S54’s blowing up, I figured it was better to follow the procedure.

The e46 M3 was quite a step up in power from the e36 M3 and 330ci. I already had gotten used to the bigger size of the car, since I had driven the 330ci for a year prior. I enjoyed the M3 in stock form for about 8 months, until I had a little mishap where I ran over a curb and damaged all 4 wheels. I also did some other damage on the underside and the front right suspension, so I had to claim it as an accident with my insurance. It was a humbling experience and completely my fault, but in the end I came out ahead, as I negotiated with the insurance to get credit for the stock wheels and suspension repairs, and then took it to my boss’s friends shop (Conversion Technique in Emeryville), to have PSS9’s coil overs and 19” BBS LM’s installed. Later in the life cycle of the e46 M3, this was not all that uncommon of a set up, but in 2002, even in the Bay Area, it was a pretty rare and special look. It turned a lot of heads especially with that Imola red. The BBS LM is to this day my favorite wheel for this car, and for many of the older BMW's for that matter.

I think I washed the car every week and pampered it to the max. The only problem was that my wife and I were having our first baby, and at times I think she became jealous and thought I loved that car more than her. Probably not the first guy that got accused of that, especially when they are going through postpartum and the man retreats to the garage, ha!
A little over a year later we had our second child and after a little while longer I got to the point where the e46 M3 just wasn’t all that practical anymore, even though it was still just my personal car and not the family vehicle. I commuted to work with it and racked up the miles mostly in traffic. The occasional run up Hwy 9 was about the only joy I got out of it.
At the same time our other car, an Audi A4 Avant, was starting to become too small for us as well, with all the strollers and things you have to "schlep" along with two babies, so I decided to sell the e46 M3 and buy my wife an Acura MDX. I took over the Audi A4 as my personal car, or at least that was the plan, but boy, did I regret that. I went through somewhat of an early mid-life crisis and needed something faster again. Being that my budget was shot, after buying a new Acura MDX, I had to find something in the $30k range, and the only thing that came close to e46 m3 performance, with 4 doors and around that price, was a WRX STI. What I really wanted was a used e39 M5, but those were still too much money and at this point my wife put the veto in. I think I had reached her fill with my car ADD. So '05 WRX STI it was. No dealer would actually let me test drive one and I just had to go for it. Based on the reviews I read it seemed like a sure bet.

The car was fun, fast and practical enough with the 4 doors, but it was quite a step down in luxury and refinement, coming from BMW’s and Audi’s. At this point though, I had to keep it for a few years, unless I was planing on getting a divorce. I ended up keeping the STI for 4 years and just like the e36 M3 and e46 M3 before, sold it for a very good price. All those cars depreciated a lot less than your average other model.

In the meanwhile we moved away from the Bay Area to the Sierra foothills, NE of Sacramento, where I started my own business (machine shop). I was getting older and more mature (sort of) and the WRX was too much of a boy racer car and really did not fit my lifestyle all that much anymore, so I went back to leasing BMW 3-series. First an '08 e90 335i, then a '11 335d. Both good cars, but also heavier and not the enthusiast cars BMW used to make. To me this is when BMW really changed and went from enthusiast car to pleasing the masses. In my opinion BMW peaked with the 46 M3 and e39 M5 respectively and I am sure many of us feel that way.

As the kids got a little older and the business didn't occupy as much of my time anymore, I decided to seek out a new hobby and give Auto-x a try. I made some connections with the Sacramento Porsche Club, who held a monthly Auto Cross at Mather Field, an old Military Air Strip. "Racing" was something I’ve wanted to do for a long time, but was always too busy before, or was worried about abusing my cars. Finally everything fell in place. I wasn't as OCD about the cars anymore and I had more time again. The only issue was that I really didn't have the ideal car anymore. Either one of my M3's, or the WRX STI, would have obviously been a lot better suited than a 335d. Timing is everything! Despite that, I got hooked and started going every month. I held my own in a field of mostly Porsche's and surprised a lot of guys how fast a diesel sedan can be. I also got my feet wet at a 2- day track event, at Laguna Seca, and quickly learned that the 335d wasn't an ideal auto-x or track car and it was a waste of money to tune it any further.

So again, I opted out of my lease a year early and decided to replace the 335d with two "purpose" cars. A less expensive daily driver and a dedicated track car. I had my mind made up that an e30 m3 would be ideal for my auto-x ventures and a new VW GTI would be a great DD. I owned 3 GTI’s before (MkI & II) and knew how good and how practical these cars were and with the Mk VI VW seemed to have found back to their old success. The 2013 GTI I bought ended up costing me ~$26k and I found a e30 M3 with S52 engine for $18k. In retrospect I should have gotten an original e30 M3, with the S14 engine, but my local, and well respected e30 M3 expert, suggested that I would not be happy with the S14, at least not for auto-x, as it lacked low end torque. Had I known that I ended up doing mostly track events, I would have been OK with the S14.

Despite all the BMW's I had, this is turning out to be one of the best cars I ever owned.

What a timeless classic look, especially with BBS LM's

Despite the S52, the e30 M3 was a lot of fun, but turned in to a money pit. The S52 swap component had a lot to do with that, as it was hard to diagnose problems, and because it is a POS for track use. Sorry, but that has been my experience and I have seen quite a few others blow up at various track days. Also the fact that the car was 25 years old and had 160k miles didn't help matters.
As "luck" would have it, the Sacto PCA lost their Auto-x field and started to hold the event at the Stockton fairgrounds, which forced me to do more track events. Not a bad thing in retrospect, but had I known before, I probably would not have gone for an e30 chassis. Although it is light and nimble and a good track car as well, it is nowhere near as solid as some of the later models, unless you weld a cage in it, which I could not get myself to do, as it would have hurt the resale value further.

One of my first track days at Thunderhill

There was of course a big debate on the S14 forums how much a swap car was worth. Many believed a swap engine e30 M3 was not worth much, but in the meanwhile I was easily $40k in to mine and I put a feeler out to see if I could sell it for $35k, which was pretty high for a S52 swapped car. Then again, I had some unique stuff on it. Custom BBK and many desirable and rare aftermarket parts. And two sets of wheels.
Another year went by and more money in to the car. I was pretty content at this point to plug along with the e30 M3, when someone offered to buy it for my asking price. We went through the process and even though I lost some money on this car, the hot e30 M3 market sure helped recover a lot of it back.

So now I had a clean slate and $35k to blow on something else. My goal was to get a more reliable car, something that holds it's value, preferably a BMW, and something I could enjoy not just at the track, but also occasionally on the street, or at least more than I did with the e30 M3. The choice was becoming clear and since I always regretted selling my first e46 M3, I went on the hunt for another. And that is how I got here.

Finding my 2nd e46 M3

After some searching on autotrader, cars.com, the forums, and going through a couple of PPI's that did not pan out, I ended up finding a clean Silver Grey '04, with 33k miles here on this forum. It was a 2 owner car that resided in Texas. The first owner had it for 8 years and it was mainly a garage queen/occasional HPDE car. The second owner was a friend of his family and bought from him. He had intentions of tracking it as well, but never got around to it and because he was starting a family, needed to sell it. The car seemed very clean but the seller ran a pretty generic ad with no hype at all. I was kind of sold on the car because of the low miles, color (my second choice) and the fact that it already had a TC Kline coil overs suspension and Ground Control camber plates, which would have been on the top of my list for modifications anyway. I was a little surprised there wasn't more interest for this car here on the forum. It seemed like a great deal, at least compared to the prices EAG was asking, and even some other dreamers. I think it was one of those things, where the perception might have been that it was a track rat, based on the suspension and the 18" SSR Comp wheels it came with. They certainly didn't compliment the car. I was able to look past that, because like I said, I wanted a coil over suspension and chances were that I would have to get different wheels with most of the cars out there.

The way it was when I first got it:

Yes, the car was used for some track days by the first owner, thus the suspension upgrade, but I later learned that he changed oil every single time he tracked it and that he only went about 8 times in as many years, so hardly an abused car. Other than that, it really appeared that it was a pampered car, that only got driven in nice weather. It has clear bra treatment, which I found out after I took possession of it. The 2nd owner also changed the RTAB preventatively. So all l in all, it turned in to one of those rare purchases, where I ended up getting more than I had hoped for.

Through the year and a half that I have owned it and worked on it, I continue to be amazed how clean it is, even on the underside. For example when swapping the headers out........ no seized up studs or anything. It is an EAG quality type of car, without the added mark up. The seller and I settled on a price of $26.5k, which left enough in the budget to address some other things I wanted/needed to do.

Let the modifying begin, starting with wheels

So first thing was two get rid of those ugly wheels and get a nice set of CSL style wheels for street use. I was going to go for authentic CSL wheels, but then came across the Sportline C8's, which ended up being a cheaper, lighter and a better fitting wheel. Yes, maybe slight nuances are off, but overall I think they look fantastic.
For the track a set of square 18 x 9.5 Apex ARC-8's where a no-brainer. There was a group buy going on and I jumped on it. I actually wanted the silver colored wheels, but they were back-ordered, so I settled on the darker grey ones, which in retrospect was probably the better choice.

Nitto NT-01's were also a no brainer for the track. Just can't go wrong with that tire

Besian VANOS and valve adjustment

Even though this car had pretty low miles, it needed some maintenance. Mainly the VANOS lock down and a valve adjustment, as it never had reached the miles where Inspection II came up. So I took the car to HMB Motorwerks in Sacramento. I became acquainted with the owner of the shop (Josh) through the S14 forum. Not only is he very honest and knowledgeable, but his shop rates are also much more reasonable than most others. In the process of talking to Josh, I found out that he had done several of the Besian lock downs on other cars, and was actually one of the best places I could have taken the car to for this.

So the big question became, are the tabs still intact? Turns out that one of them was broken, which was a bummer, as it adds ~$800 to the job, but on the other hand, it confirmed that it was needed and not a waste of money.

During the work we got a good look at the internals and were pleasantly surprised how clean the engine was. I guess it does pay to have frequent oil changes ;-)

Josh not only made sure the valves were in spec, but he went out of his way to make sure they are all as close to each other as possible. That is the kind of service you can appreciate.

So now that I could rest assured that the motor was solid, I was able to focus on modifications for the track. My main objective was to do so, and leave the door open for being able to return the car back to stock.......so nothing irreversible. If I learned anything from my time with the e30 M3 and being in that forum community for a few years, it was that a stock car is a lot more desirable down the road, than a totally modified one. As time goes on the market seems to accept a few tasteful mods.

I also learned that focusing just on the track performance, was not all that practical either. Although I am a sucker for finding weight reductions and making the car nimbler, I also came to realize that it just doesn't make sense for me to lose all the creature comforts. This became evident when I had to drive home from the track on 90F and 100F degree days. One time it was 108F degree and I had a two hour drive home. No fun!
Besides, I only go to the track 6-8 times/year and it just seems like a waste, to have the car sit the other ~350 days of the year in the garage. You want to enjoy it more than just a handful of times per year.

So the objective for this car was to keep things a bit more civil, and get a little more use out of it on the street for some spirited drives. We have plenty of nice roads here in the NorCal foothills and the Sierra. So no need to just limit yourself to driving it on the race track.

All that being said, I decided to retain A/C, stereo, rear seats and balance of the car, but try to get the weight as low as possible by removing unnecessary things, and upgrading others.

My Journal

Besian VANOS, Euro Headers & Section1, TTFS tune, TMS under-dive pulleys, TC Kline S/A Coil Overs, Brembo 996 Calipers, ECS 2 Piece Rotors, Rally Road/P0lar Adapters, SS Brake Lines, Motul 600,Hawk HT-10 Pads, Braille Lightweight Battery, Hotchkis Sway Bars, SR2 CF Sunroof Panel,Apex ARC-8 & Sportline CS8's, Recaro Sportser CS Seats,SAP delete,Lightweight Cabin Filter Housing, SG CSL Diffuser, OEM CSL Trunk, Modified Stock Muffler

Last edited by nasieg; Sat, Jul-01-2017 at 09:06:55 PM.
Jump to top nasieg is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sat, Feb-04-2017, 11:02:51 PM   #2
TboneM3
YNWA

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: My '04 Silver Grey, 6mt, street/HPDE car

About time. Cool stories and history!

-Evolve-R alpha N Evolve CSL CF Airbox eVenturi Scoop Euro Headers|sect 1 Besian D/A pullies/fan delete WPC rod bearings
-TMS Camber & Subf plates RE Street Trans Mounts AKG poly SUB/DIFF SDW RTAB ZHP knob + UUC DSSR GroundControl S/A (Koni/Eibach 440/550) + tall RSMs
-OE CSL trunk APEX 75mm Studs Sportline 8S 18x8.5/9.5" PSS 245/275 ss brake/clutch lines
-Pioneer DEH-80PRS Eclipse PA5422 CDT HD-6 + WS-100i CDT EX-530 8" Kicker

DD/Beater: 1999 Civic LX - Kenwood x998 PPI 1600.4 CDT HD-6 + HD-100 CDT EX-530 Clarion 10"
Jump to top TboneM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Feb-04-2017, 11:35:01 PM   #3
nasieg

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneM3 View Post
About time. Cool stories and history!
Thanks.

Euro Headers and Section 1 and TTSF tune

One of the first things I wanted to do, is get a little more power. It had been ~10 years since I last owned a e46 M3 and most of my cars were turbos now......not really by choice, but a sign of the times. I kind of forgot how little low end torque the S54 produced and even the top end was not as impressive as I remembered. That all changed once I swapped headers, got a valve adjustment and most importantly a Frank Smith tune.
Not that it is a huge change, but it certainly improved how I felt about it again. I was even more pleased when Frank wrote me back, after I emailed him the initial data log from my base tune. He wrote me that my car was the first CA car he's seen, to hold command timing and fuel mixture (on 91 Oct fuel) and said it must pull like a beast. That is pretty high praise coming from him. Based on that it's probably a safe guess that my engine produces above average hp.

I really would love to go all out and do a CSL intake, cams and all that good stuff, to tickle the last 20-30 hp out of it, but being that I have to deal with CA smog every two years, I really can't. Maybe it's a good thing, as all that stuff really isn't cost effective.

996 Brembo Brake conversion

Next up was upgrading the brakes. The stock brakes where shot, probably the only thing on this car that was not in good condition.

I did one track day on the stock brakes, because I didn't have time to address it before the event. Just for kicks, with the wheels the car came with and worn stock brakes, I ended up being about 10 seconds slower at Thunderhill than in my e30 M3, which motivated me to improve things right away.

Instead of spending $6-8k on top notch BBK, I decided to do the 996 Brembo conversion. I had gained some experience with the help of a local mechanic and quasi engineer during my e30 M3 time, making adapters and hubs to upgrade BBK's on to the e30's, so the 996 conversion seemed like a walk in the park. Besides, these calipers are widely used on 911's, Boxster'ss and Cayman'ss, and I had never seen anybody with any of those cars have brake issues at the track. That was good enough for me.

I bought a used set of calipers on eBay and machined the pads down as recommended:

It helps to have a machine shop at your disposal :-)

Disassembled calipers ready for powdercoating

Back from powder coating I installed new seals and high temp dust boots

The rest of the kit was completed with Rally Road adapters for the front calipers, P0lar's adapters for the rear, SS brake lines, Hawk HT-10 pads and Motul 600 brake fluid. For the rotors I chose to go with ECS Tuning's new two piece offerings. I got them at an introductory price, in return for some feedback on how they performed. In the meantime I have a half dozed track days on them and have zero complaints. No cracking, as some feared with cross drilled rotors. I guess it really depends on the quality of the material and fabrication process, as I had some solid steel rear rotors before that did crack.

I ended up putting this whole kit together for well under $3k including the pads, which is pretty good compared to some of the more hard core BBK's. It may not be as drastic as those, but I certainly have not had any need for more.

Overall I love the kit, it is a nice blend of upgraded performance and aesthetically pleasing, over the stock brakes. It also saved a few pounds on every corner and that is always something I am striving for, reducing weight.

Weight reductions without compromising too much

For those that have followed, or read enough of my posts, you know by now that I am a firm believer in weight reductions, no matter how small. It's the sum of them that counts. As I mentioned earlier, immediately after getting the car, I started to remove unnecessary items and replaced some of the easy to swap heavy parts. So here is my weight reduction list:

Tire inflating kit delete
Tool kit delete
Removed center rear seat buckles, child restraint hardware and rear head rests
Rear HK sub woofer delete
CD Changer delete
Bluetooth module delete
Trunk liner delete
Sound deadening mat under the rear seat delete (the removable one)
SAP delete (got TTSF tune to eliminate the code for this as well)
Installed a lightweight Battery. Re-branded Braille 15 lbs version
Lightweight Cabin Filter housing
Hotchkis hallow front sway bar

At this point, I had an opportunity to put the car on a scale at a track day at Laguna Seca and it came in at:

Since then, I removed the sunroof cassette and installed a S2R Carbon Fiber sunroof plug and swapped the stock driver's seat with a Recaro Sportster CS (passenger side is on it's way).
Once the passenger Recaro Sportster is installed, my car should weigh right around 3200 lbs.

BTW, 3200 lbs is with the stock muffler. I briefly had a SCZA on the car, which sounded great and was a nice weight reduction, but I was worried that it might be over the sound limit at Laguna Seca. Besides, removing more weight from the very rear of the car was not exactly what I was after. I still like to drop some of the weight of the stock muffler, but it does not have to be 25 lbs, like with the SCZA. My plan is to gut a stock muffler a bit and straight pipe chambers 3-5. That seems to be giving good results, with modest sound increase and some weight reduction, without costing too much and causing unwanted droning.

My Journal

Besian VANOS, Euro Headers & Section1, TTFS tune, TMS under-dive pulleys, TC Kline S/A Coil Overs, Brembo 996 Calipers, ECS 2 Piece Rotors, Rally Road/P0lar Adapters, SS Brake Lines, Motul 600,Hawk HT-10 Pads, Braille Lightweight Battery, Hotchkis Sway Bars, SR2 CF Sunroof Panel,Apex ARC-8 & Sportline CS8's, Recaro Sportser CS Seats,SAP delete,Lightweight Cabin Filter Housing, SG CSL Diffuser, OEM CSL Trunk, Modified Stock Muffler

Last edited by nasieg; Sat, Jul-01-2017 at 09:07:36 PM.
Old Sun, Feb-05-2017, 08:35:54 PM   #4
nasieg

In the garage:

United States

Putting all the work to good use. I am now officially a couple seconds per lap faster than I was in my old e30 M3/S52. The extra hp of the S54 vs S52, wider rubber, and improved chassis, compensated for the 600 lbs in weight penalty I still have with this car. So yes, "lightness" is important, but not the cure for all.

My Journal

Last edited by nasieg; Sat, Feb-18-2017 at 04:36:35 PM. Reason: Edited links
Old Mon, Feb-06-2017, 01:40:31 AM   #5
kaiv
SoCal S54 specialist :P

France

Yup that motor is spotless, don't think I've heard of someone doing an oil change after each track day before ahah.

Great stuff, Norm, enjoyed reading!

Kaiv's SoCal Feedback!
IG: limited.slip
Jump to top kaiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Feb-06-2017, 02:01:06 AM   #6
nasieg

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiv View Post
Yup that motor is spotless, don't think I've heard of someone doing an oil change after each track day before ahah.

Great stuff, Norm, enjoyed reading!

Thanks Kaiv. Means a lot to me, coming from you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Journal

Old Mon, Feb-06-2017, 03:00:45 AM   #7
Spidmang

United States

Awesome build and what a great story
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronJoe View Post
Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.
Jump to top Spidmang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Feb-06-2017, 06:51:03 AM   #8
KoukiMonster

Pakistan

Great read! Thanks for sharing that! Loving what you've done so far as well

Jump to top KoukiMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Feb-06-2017, 07:47:21 AM   #9
GotE92M

United States

Awesome build! Can't wait to pick up another E46M.
Old Mon, Feb-06-2017, 02:20:34 PM   #10
nasieg

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidmang View Post
Awesome build and what a great story
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoukiMonster View Post
Great read! Thanks for sharing that! Loving what you've done so far as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotE92M View Post
Awesome build! Can't wait to pick up another E46M.
Thanks guys. Appreciate it!

My Journal