BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Journals
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Journals Do you have a long term project you would like to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old Thu, Dec-22-2011, 04:55:11 PM   #1
Dizzeep
Blue Dreamin 24/7

In the garage:

India

Default Dizzeep's M3 Journal

Hey guys,

Been on this forum a little over a year now. Learned a lot from the forum and made a few friends along the way so far. Decided it was time to start a documentation of my beloved M3 and the mods and direction im taking my car.

Car info: 2006 E46 BMW M3 SMG with 95k and change on the chasis now. Lower mileage engine in it after my vanos blew without warning and took the whole engine with it this past summer. Got a lower mileage engine along with the upgraded VANOS unit and TMS pulleys (with alternator pulley) installed as well with new t-stat and water pump.

Indy mechanic was Dr.Beemer located in south Austin. Brian is a great guy and was very helpful and educated me on the process of the engine swap and every thing that goes along with it. I highly recommend anyone in the Austin area to go to his shop as they do great work and have great customer service! They have me as customer as long as I am in Austin!

The pulleys were a mod that I am very happy with. I could feel the car pulling faster from 6k-redline.

I got the car last November. Fell in love with the car immediately after driving it.

Couple pics of the car pretty much bone stock after I got it. Got some few small mods immediately to remove the chrome (black grilles and gills smoked corners along with kohalty angel eyes)

My car and its garage mate on the snow day we had in Austin last year.

-Deep

Edit:

I feel like I should keep a list here of all the mods I have done to my car (aesthetic and performance)

Aesthetics: Smoked corners with invisi-bulbs, Matte black grills and side gills, Custom tri-color M vinyled side gills, Koahlty angel eyes, DDM tuning 6k 35watt HID fogs, matte black M3 badge, light grey alcantera SMG shift boot with M tri-stitching, Dynavin V5, ICONZ CSL diffuser, Status Gruppe Tuning 2x2 CF Front Lip, and custom coding

Performance: TMS power pulleys, Dinan muffler, Stats gruppe tuning resonated section 2 x-pipe, 15mm spacers front, 12mm spacers rear, M-track mode retro-code, and Evolve-R stage 1 tune

Last edited by Dizzeep; Wed, Mar-27-2013 at 05:33:07 AM.
Jump to top Dizzeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, Dec-22-2011, 05:01:36 PM   #2
checkmate1

In the garage:

Default Re: Dizzeep's M3 Journal

YaY! About time man...will be watching this thread closely for updates.

Jump to top checkmate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Dec-22-2011, 05:03:19 PM   #3
Dizzeep
Blue Dreamin 24/7

In the garage:

India

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate1 View Post
YaY! About time man...will be watching this thread closely for updates.
Thanks bro!
Old Thu, Dec-22-2011, 05:11:34 PM   #4
Dizzeep
Blue Dreamin 24/7

In the garage:

India

A couple weeks after I got the angel eyes installed half of one of the rings did not work. Goes to show you that I should have gone with EAS or one of the more established brands.

My next mod was the CSL style front splitters. I have always loved the CSL and the splitters on it. Got them for a steal off of ebay for 87 dollars shipped to my door from the ebay seller eurosport garage. The fitment was pretty much perfect for the splitters. Install was easy. I just screwed three screws underneath the bumper where the splitters had holes and drilled nails in. I also got painted reflectors from a friend of mine who went the CSL bumper route. Car looked so much cleaner without those orange eye sores.

Pic:

I saw IB//M3's thread about the side gill M stripe colors and decided to pull the trigger and buy some vinyl to add some pizzaz to my side gills. As you can see from the pics I went with a diff route than the majority of the members to be a little different and I was pretty pleased with the results.
Moving shot of the side gills:

Last edited by Dizzeep; Mon, Jun-03-2013 at 05:12:28 PM.
Old Thu, Dec-22-2011, 05:24:35 PM   #5
Dizzeep
Blue Dreamin 24/7

In the garage:

India

More updates to come when I can find and organize all the pics I have of my car I have on my computer.
Old Thu, Dec-22-2011, 05:38:46 PM   #6
Dizzeep
Blue Dreamin 24/7

In the garage:

India

I did not like how sunken in my OEM wheels were. So I got some 15mm spacers for the front and some 12mm spacers for the rear.

Pics:

I then realized how I did not like my fog lights' color paired with the color of my angel eyes and my headlights. So I pulled the trigger on some DDM tuning 6000k 35 watt fogs. I was very pleased with the packaging they arrived in and they arrived to me three days before schedule!

Pics after the DDM tuning fogs were installed:

(along with friends e60 M5)

Last edited by Dizzeep; Mon, Jun-03-2013 at 05:10:39 PM.
Old Thu, Dec-22-2011, 05:53:46 PM   #7
Dizzeep
Blue Dreamin 24/7

In the garage:

India

A few months passed by and I was unhappy with the appearance of the stock exhaust tips. I stumbled upon the the eurosport design exhaust tips. I loved the way they looked and decided to buy them. Install was a pain. Thanks to monochrom3 (helps with a lot of my M3 installs) and the people that showed up to the local M3 DIY days (thanks for all the help guys!) I was able to get them installed. On their site it says that you can install and rivet them without removing the diffuser but we found that out to be impossible. We had to remove the diffuser.

Drilling the rivit holes in the tips was by far the most time consuming part of the process. We went through 3 drill bits trying to drill the rivet holes. In the end we only drilled the bottom two rivets and left the top rivet hole alone. I had them on for 4k miles without any problems of them getting loose and falling off ( removed stock muffler in favor of dinan exhaust. More on that later.) BTW the ends of the tips do touch in the lower middle section towards the end sections of the tips but don't worry these dont vibrate or make any more noise.
I did not cut the tips as I liked them being an inch longer than stock tips since they would be more noticeable. I was very pleased with the quality of the tips.
Pics:

(sorry for the random foot lol)

Last edited by Dizzeep; Mon, Jun-03-2013 at 05:07:36 PM.
Old Thu, Dec-22-2011, 06:11:08 PM   #8
Dizzeep
Blue Dreamin 24/7

In the garage:

India

Ever since I owned the car I have always loved and wanted a CSL diffuser to go along with my CSL front splitters. I eventually found out about the Iconz CSL diffuser group buy. After a few PM's back and forth I eventually ordered my diffuser the day before I left for India for vacation. I was very pleased with their customer service up until this point. I got back from India and I was PM'd with my tracking info and it said it was delivered three days before schedule ( I was still in India at the time it was delivered)!

Since it was not at my door I wondered where it was. Then the next day my neighbor rings my doorbell telling me he picked up the package that was delivered at my door since I was still in India. Mystery solved!

Pic of the diffuser when it just arrived:

Close up pif of the weave of the diffuser (sorry for the flash):

Installed pics:

Pics of it as it is currently June 2013

The fitment of the diffuser was excellent and still is. Paint matched up very well also. Still very happy with the purchase!

Last edited by Dizzeep; Mon, Jun-03-2013 at 05:06:21 PM.
Old Thu, Dec-22-2011, 06:26:42 PM   #9
Raiku898
M Roller Coaster

In the garage:

United States

Enjoying the journey. Look forward to more pics.

I might have to go the ebay route for the cf splitters. That price is great.
Jump to top Raiku898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Dec-22-2011, 07:20:20 PM   #10
Dizzeep
Blue Dreamin 24/7

In the garage:

India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiku898 View Post
Enjoying the journey. Look forward to more pics.

I might have to go the ebay route for the cf splitters. That price is great.
Thanks bro!

Yea great pricing. Although last time I checked that seller they did not hav any of those splitters in stock. Things might have changed as of now.