BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Journals
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Journals Do you have a long term project you would like to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old Sat, Aug-31-2013, 12:19:49 PM   #1
properstyle
Styles

United States

Default Properstyle's M3 Journal

Ok so right now I am deployed to Afghanistan for the next 6 month I've already been here for three. Well when I left I decided to give my wife my 2009 C350 Benz and take her 2001 IS300 in alburn sky pearl (1 of 1200 in the US) the car was already stanced out from me doing mods while she was driving it but I had plans to do a supercharger as performance wise it would be a huge step down from the Benz.

Well I was searching on stancework.com while doing the build thread for my Z and came across a white E46 M3 that was slammed on 18x10 18x12 works and fell in love. I had always wanted a E46 BMW but just never placed the real thought in to buying one. Well I talked it over with the wife and said I would sell the Lexus and get a M3.

Prior to searching for one I came on here and just skimmed through the threads for problems and things to look for before buying one. I at first wanted a MT but then felt it would be alot easier to switch cars now and then if I got the SMG. Now of course I was dishearten to read all the horror stories on the pump failing or the car going in to limp over a simple relay and being changed 2-3k in work from BMW. After doing the reading I said well you got to pay to play, I like the design or thought process rather of how the SMG works and was willing to take on the issue should they arise.

So I searched for 6 days across the east coast for ones that fit my choice. Transmission was my first search, they had to have a SMG transmission, next they had to have under 120k on the dash, next was the color, white, silver or grey. Once I weeded out the others I was not interested in, the next thing to search out of the ones found was price, I was not willing to pay more than 16k for a 2001-2003 and I was not looking to pay more than 18k for a 2004-2006.

Now that I had found a select number of cars in that search, I then looked at condition and modifications. I was looking for a car that was stock and unmodified as most that do modify cars go cheap and have no idea what they have put on their car. Now that I had found a set that were stock I was then able to search based on dealer or private owned.

I knew if I traded my IS300 lexus in I would be able to get at least 6k for it. 4 of which would go to paying the car off. Since most of the dealers were asking outside of my 16k -18k mark and were unwilling to budge, I choose to look for privately owned. Again weeding out those not willing to move from their price.

At the end I went from 30 vehicles down to 4 that I was willing to buy. I made a list of all 4 with links to pictures and sent them to my wife and asked her opinion on which she thought was a good choice without telling her the price.

Her answer was my current car now. I contacted the seller and came to find out after getting the vin he was the second owner of the car and had owned it since 2005. He was an older gentleman in his mid 50ís which meant that not only was he less likely to be wreck less in the car but that he had history with the car.

After speaking with him I got a loan from USAA and was approved for 18.6K to buy a vehicle of choice. His was selling for 13900, but was valued at 16k so I did the paper work and told him to take it off of craigslist for sale and that I had a check on the way and I would be buying his car.

My best friend Brian a supra owner rode with my wife on a 10hour drive to check the car out. To my surprise the car was in even better condition than the pics had shown. Only 96k on a 2002 which meant less then 9k a year. When asked why he was getting rid of it his answer was simple. His kids were out the house and he no longer had to have a car with a back seat, he would now be getting a GT2 Porsche. Well enough babble on to the pics.

OUT WITH THE OLD

IN WITH THE NEW

Few Members from my local car club that are like family stopped by to help out my wife getting some new furiture put together, of course that meant we needed photos.

Aside from the M3 I do lot of work on imports. currently on my 2nd 300zx twin turbo build. For those asking thtat is what is in the garage on jacks.

Prince-B
When you start paying for my Mods, I'll start caring what you think of the ones I've chosen...

Last edited by properstyle; Wed, Apr-16-2014 at 09:44:42 PM.
Jump to top properstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sat, Aug-31-2013, 12:39:57 PM   #2
properstyle
Styles

United States

Default Re: Properstyle's Stance build SMG

In July I made a call to Jaze at Broadway static and purchase a work of art. A set of fortune auto 500 series coilovers with shorten shock bodies with swift springs revalved for a 16k/18k set up. I spoke with jaze for a good hour and since I an another serivce memeber out here was ordering with me he gave us a nice hookup.

3weeks later well worth the wait.

Lastly I am not to fond of the silver carbon fiber interior trim the car came with so I snagged up a deal on Piano black Interior trims pieces to replace the dash,shifter,doors, and rear arm rest. So I've been told it's very rare find glad I was able to find it.

Prince-B
When you start paying for my Mods, I'll start caring what you think of the ones I've chosen...
Old Sat, Aug-31-2013, 12:47:13 PM   #3
properstyle
Styles

United States

Wife snapped some photos of our cars for me after washing the M3.

Prince-B
Old Sat, Aug-31-2013, 06:38:20 PM   #4
Sharocks
Banned

In the garage:

United States

Your wife is very supportive.

Congrats with the lucky woman! Not to huge on stance but w/e it's your car!
Jump to top Sharocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Aug-31-2013, 07:00:11 PM   #5
PRF3CT

United States

Sweet journal and stay safe over there. You are over the hump and almost back. I would suggest doing all the besian vanos reinforcement upgrades, cooling refresh, and finally subframe reinforcement. Tiag looks so damn classy.
Jump to top PRF3CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Aug-31-2013, 09:40:26 PM   #6
0-60Motorsports
Established 1998....

In the garage:

Bahrain

Sweet ride. Welcome to the Family
EURO 04 M3 Current Mods: GC DA's / Eibach Sways / PF RTABs / RE RCAs / INTRAVEE II / Black Roundels / ///MFEST Badges / Depo Corners / M5 SMG Knob / VCSL: Bumper + Race Lip, CF Trunk, CF Diffusor / DIETZ TV in Motion / SuperSprint: Stepped Headers, Cat Deletes, Res X-pipe, Sport Muffler / Z8 Starter Button / Lamin-X / STM Paddles / OEM CSL: Steering, Interior, Intake, CF Roof / Terra MSS54HP CSL Clone / BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ / ST40's / DINAN RSB / BW Oil Cooler / 3.91 gears / Radium OCC
Jump to top 0-60Motorsports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Aug-31-2013, 09:45:11 PM   #7
properstyle
Styles

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharocks View Post
Your wife is very supportive.

Congrats with the lucky woman! Not to huge on stance but w/e it's your car!
Yeah as long as bills are paid and money is in savings she is game lol. The stance thing is a love hate relationship, don't plan on pulling and stretching fenders or running -5 camber just love a low car on classy wheels.

Yeah I'm actually in Kuwait now waiting to fly out few more days and ill be home. I swear this has been the longest deployment for me ever and it's my 3rd on in the last 5 years. I blame the cars sitting at home lol..

Prince-B

Last edited by properstyle; Fri, Sep-06-2013 at 07:22:30 PM.
Old Sat, Aug-31-2013, 11:10:17 PM   #8
u mad?

United States

Nice journal! That's a very clean z32 you have what mods have you done to it? I used to have one as well but got rid of it by far the hardest car to work on lol but well worth it in the end.
Old Sun, Sep-01-2013, 05:53:08 AM   #9
properstyle
Styles

United States

Current set up is:
750ccinjectors
2.5 in innercooler piping
AMS manifolds
3in divorced down pipes
3in mid pipes
3in Sebring cat back
Garrett GTX 2867 turbos
Selin dual maf setup
2013 edition greddy profec
EPROM tune
Spl rear upper control arms
Power trix ultra light racing coils with swift springs
SRT 8 jeep calipers with a convention bracket for 14.25 in nismo rotors
Racing hart crs.

Built motor on 9-1 compression should be at the house next week.

I actually love working on that car, after you learn how to do the deletes its cake.

Prince-B
Old Fri, Sep-06-2013, 07:28:07 PM   #10
properstyle
Styles

United States

Another great find, downforceusa side skirt extensions made Of Carbon fiber 350shipped

I think that will be the last mod I buy for a while unless I sell something for extra funds, now just focusing on maintenance items going tackle the valve adjustment once I get home.

Prince-B