BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Journals
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All AlbumsBlogs Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Journals Do you have a long term project you would like to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old Sat, Mar-29-2014, 06:39:39 PM   #1
bgale
E46 M3 Addict

In the garage:

United States

Default bgalex's '05 TiAg E46 M3 Journal [Pic Heavy]

Caution: This thread will be updated as frequently as possible, it might be slow.
All pictures are clickable. Takes you to the Full Size picture when you click it!

What's up everyone, I wanted to start a journal of my own just to keep track of maintenance, mods and events that will be happening throughout the months with my car. It might be a slow build because I want to take things slowly with the car... for now. lol

Well before I purchased the car of my dreams, I had an '08 VW Jetta 2.0T that I modded quite a bit and loved every single minute of that car. Had a lot of plans for it, putting a bigger turbo was one if them. But with FWD I just couldn't get to that 100% confidence level to make the purchase because of the disadvantages I will have with it. Here are some pics of it!

---------

The E46 M3 has been my dream car for however long I could remember. I searched for a SMG at first in late 2011 but then I gave up on it after reading the issues SMG has and got the Jetta instead in Dec 31, 2011. After doing mainly everything to it, I got the itch for my dream car again after I came back from vacation in my country (Bulgaria) Sep 2013.

---
The search began Sep 2013 for a 6spd E46 M3. The color really did not matter to me at all as I like all the color combos this car got offered in. Search after search led to a dead end each time. 6 long months later I almost made a mistake, I found a 2006 S4 6spd but they couldn't give me an answer if Im approved till next day. The next morning I give the M3 one last search and I found the beauty I was looking for!! Called the S4 guys off right away to go look at my E46.
---
2005 E46 M3 TiAg/Black 6spd with 77,072 miles. Car was bone stock in and out. Very clean from the previous owners.

Day of the Pick up: February 21, 2014

More coming soon! I have a lot planned for her!! Its getting warmer here in Chicago so I will be doing more maintenance as my latest priority!

I hope I can get ideas for my E46 M3 from other TiAg owners and get feedback on things being done to my car. Enjoy and thanks a lot for looking!

Current Cars

'08 Jetta 2.0T FSI
-Revo STG 2 ECU Flash - Raceland Coilovers slammed - Autotech 3" Stainless Exhaust System - EuroCustoms 3" Catless Downpipe - Forge Diverter Valve - New South Perfromance Boost Gauge
------

2005 ///M3 Coupe TiAg

My Journal
Purchased - Feb 21 2014.
6spd Manual

Last edited by bgale; Sat, Mar-29-2014 at 06:56:26 PM.
Jump to top bgale is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sat, Mar-29-2014, 06:40:25 PM   #2
bgale
E46 M3 Addict

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: bgalex's '05 TiAg E46 M3 Journal [Pic Heavy]

Other pictures raging from Feb 25 - March 28th.

March 2 2014: Random scenery that my car looked good at, decided to take the snap

March 11-12 2014: Always loved the LED tails of the E46 M3, my brother was driving the ///M while I was in the Jetta, had to take the snap along with some videos after

March 20th 2014: with my Dub in front of the garage.

March 26 2014: Reaching 77,777 miles

March 28th: Beautiful night out, me and my buddy with his Alphine White M3 decided to take a little cruise and enjoy our cars.

That same night my buddy with his SC300 decided to meet us up and cruise along

Current Cars

'08 Jetta 2.0T FSI
-Revo STG 2 ECU Flash - Raceland Coilovers slammed - Autotech 3" Stainless Exhaust System - EuroCustoms 3" Catless Downpipe - Forge Diverter Valve - New South Perfromance Boost Gauge
------

2005 ///M3 Coupe TiAg

My Journal
Purchased - Feb 21 2014.
6spd Manual

Last edited by bgale; Sat, Mar-29-2014 at 06:54:41 PM.
Old Sat, Mar-29-2014, 06:52:33 PM   #3
bgale
E46 M3 Addict

In the garage:

United States

March 02 2014: Oil Change.

Shortly after the purchase, I bought my oil so I can do an oil change because the dealer put 5w-30 Mobil1 in there before i purchased the car. !!! I couldn't stand the fact they did that and I was paranoid about it.

Current Cars

'08 Jetta 2.0T FSI
------

2005 ///M3 Coupe TiAg

My Journal
Purchased - Feb 21 2014.
6spd Manual
Old Sat, Mar-29-2014, 08:06:10 PM   #4
C-M2

United States

Looks great! You have access to a lot of knowlage here in the area. Don't be afraid to ask!

2009 Space Gray e92 /// M3 Coupe
Sold
04 ///M3 Jet Black Coupe
Jump to top C-M2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Mar-29-2014, 09:09:03 PM   #5
Nino Brown

United States

Nice pick up. Funny thing is that I brought my M3 the exact same day in 2013
Jump to top Nino Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Mar-29-2014, 09:37:47 PM   #6
bgale
E46 M3 Addict

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-M2 View Post
Looks great! You have access to a lot of knowlage here in the area. Don't be afraid to ask!
Thank you sir! and I will defiantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino Brown View Post
Nice pick up. Funny thing is that I brought my M3 the exact same day in 2013
Thanks Nino! And haha thats funny but cool !

Current Cars

'08 Jetta 2.0T FSI
------

2005 ///M3 Coupe TiAg

My Journal
Purchased - Feb 21 2014.
6spd Manual
Old Sun, Mar-30-2014, 02:15:15 AM   #7
Busabos77
Sexinator

In the garage:

Philippines

Great start! Will be visiting your journal/build thread from time to time! bump for another Tiag brother!
Jump to top Busabos77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Mar-30-2014, 05:10:32 AM   #8
Chris93Si

United States

Looking good. Based on your Jetta I look forward to seeing where you go with this car. I'm pretty jealous of you being in Chicago, there's a great group of E46 M3 owners up there
Old Sun, Mar-30-2014, 01:59:39 PM   #9
bgale
E46 M3 Addict

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busabos77 View Post
Great start! Will be visiting your journal/build thread from time to time! bump for another Tiag brother!

Thanks man appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris93Si View Post
Looking good. Based on your Jetta I look forward to seeing where you go with this car. I'm pretty jealous of you being in Chicago, there's a great group of E46 M3 owners up there

Thanks Chris, and haha ya there is! It just sucks that its always cold.

Current Cars

'08 Jetta 2.0T FSI
------

2005 ///M3 Coupe TiAg

My Journal
Purchased - Feb 21 2014.
6spd Manual
Old Thu, Apr-03-2014, 11:19:04 AM   #10
bgale
E46 M3 Addict

In the garage:

United States

Default bgalex's '05 TiAg E46 M3 Journal [Pic Heavy]

March 31, 2014: Update

Decided to clean my car yesterday since it was finally warm in chicago and noticed something where i just couldn't believe it..

Yup thats rust.. On a **2005** Tiag.. Its right above the side skirt on the passenger side by the rear wheel..

Going to a few shops once the weather settles here in Chicago so I can see the options each give me.

The good thing is that its still very minimal, very tiny it cannot be seen unless you know it, hopefully the fix is minimal as well!

Current Cars

'08 Jetta 2.0T FSI
------

2005 ///M3 Coupe TiAg

My Journal
Purchased - Feb 21 2014.
6spd Manual