BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Journals
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All AlbumsBlogs Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Journals Do you have a long term project you would like to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old Tue, Jul-30-2013, 02:27:31 AM   #1
GBurns

In the garage:

United States

Default GBurns' 2004 Silver Grey E46 M3 Journal

2004 BMW E46 M3

Silbergrau Metallic / Imola / SMG
Cold Weather Package / Moonroof / Power & Heated Seats / Parking Distance Control / Bi-Xenon Headlights / Harmon Kardon Sound / Navigation

Most recent pictures:

Interior:

Current Modifications:

Performance:
Engine
Compression: 12:1
Displacement: 3.3 L
Stage 2 Cylinder Head
Custom Racetech Pistons including piston rings, and chromoly wrist pins
Supertech Dual Valve Springs, Seats, and Retainer kit
Custom Ground Crank
Eagle Rods for Lang Racing custom Wide Rod Bearing Solution
Frank Smith Tune
Full Besian VANOS rebuild
ARP Rod Bolts
ARP Head Studs
AKG Engine mounts
AKG Transmission Mounts
TMS Power Pulley Kit
Besian VANOS Solenoid Coil Pack
Besian VANOS Oil Pump Disk
Besian VANOS Seals Repair Kit
Besian VANOS Rattle Repair Kit
Besian VANOS Sealing Plate Repair Kit
Z4M VANOS Bolts
Catless Headers
Section 1 Rasp Pipe
CSL SMG Tune

Wheels & Suspension:
BBS CH Wheels
KW V2 Coilovers
Powerflex RTAB's
Complete Rear Subframe Reinforcement
AKG Solid Aluminum Subframe Mounts

Exterior:
Seibon Carbon Fiber CSL Trunk
Carbon Fiber Gills
Carbon Fiber Grills
Carbon Fiber Hood Cowl
Carbon Fiber Splitters
Orion V2 Angel Eyes

Interior:
Alcantara Steering Wheel
Euro Tray
LED Int. Lighting
Brushed Aluminum Trim
Brushed Aluminum ///M Pedals
Brushed Aluminum R. Paddle Shifters
Brushed Aluminum E-Brake Handle
E92 M3 DCT Shift Knob
Dynavin V5 Headunit

In the garage:
K&N 57 Gen. II Intake with ECIS Filter
TMS Lightweight Pulley Kit
CSL Brakes & Drilled Rotors
Ground Control Camber Plates
Rogue Engineering Rear Shock Mount's
Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Front Bumper
Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser

L.R. BMW ///M3 SMG 2004 /// Silbergrau & Imola /// Journal /// Engine Build
Performance: Lang Racing Built Engine / TMS Power Pulley Kit / FS Tune / FS CSL SMG Tune / HPF Titanium
Exhaust / Catless Headers / Section 1 Rasp Pipe / BimmerWorld Elbow / Besian VANOS

Wheels & Suspension: BBS CH Wheels / KW V2 Coilovers / GC Camber Plates / AKG Engine Mounts / AKG
Transmission Mounts / AKG Rear Subframe Mounts / Powerflex RTAB's / L.R. Subframe Reinforcement

Exterior: Seibon Carbon Fiber CSL Trunk / Carbon Fiber Gills, Grills, Hood Cowl & Splitters / Orion V2 AE
Interior: Alcantara Steering Wheel / Euro Tray / LED Int. Lighting / Brushed Aluminum: Trim, ///M Pedals,
R. Paddle Shifters & E-Brake Handle / E92 M3 Illuminated Shift Knob / Dynavin V5 Headunit

Last edited by GBurns; Sun, Jan-19-2014 at 11:30:35 PM.
Jump to top GBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Jul-30-2013, 02:27:52 AM   #2
GBurns

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: GBurns' 2004 Silver Grey E46 M3 Journal

My first M3:

I never made the time to make a journal for my first M3 but here are some pictures to see how the car progressed, a list of most of the modifications that were made to it and finally its tragic demise.

When I first got it.

Needed a drop.

Fun at the drag strip, lowered on coilovers. I went 6-1 that night.

Some cute Rockabillies.

What she looked like before the end. I really miss that carbon fiber hood with the ///M Power exposed.

Modifications:

Performance:
TopSpeed Headers
TMS Pulley Kit
K&N 57 Gen.
II Intake
ECIS Filter
Sec. 1 Rasp Pipe
TopSpeed Axle-back

Suspension & Braking:
Front Competition Brakes & Drilled Rotors
ST Coilovers
Ground Control Camber Plates
Rogue Engineering Rear Shock Mount's

Exterior:
Carbon Fiber Powerdome Hood
Carbon Fiber Gills
Carbon Fiber Grills
Carbon Fiber Splitters
Avant Garde M310 Wheels
Predator Orion V2 Angel Eyes
CF 3M DI-NOC Roof Vinyl

Interior:
Alcantara Steering Wheel
Euro Tray
LED Int. Lighting
Brushed Aluminum Trim
Brushed Aluminum ///M Pedals
Brushed Aluminum R. Paddle Shifters
Brushed Aluminum E-Brake Handle
Brushed AluminumShift Knob

Its tragic demise:

What happened: After some irrational fun, drifting about through some corners, I forgot to turn the traction control back on. I got on the highway and not soon after I hit a bump in the road and lost traction. The car slid into the guardrail, bounced off and spun until it came into contact with another guardrail. There were three other people in the car and luckily everyone walked away without any scratches or bruises. The safety of this car amazes me. Unfortunately, I had to learn my lesson the hard way and that lesson is to always turn traction control on before going on the highway. No amount of experience can prepare you for irregularities in the road; however, it does force you to expect them.

Performance: Lang Racing Built Engine / TMS Power Pulley Kit / FS Tune / FS CSL SMG Tune / HPF Titanium
Exhaust / Catless Headers / Section 1 Rasp Pipe / BimmerWorld Elbow / Besian VANOS

Wheels & Suspension: BBS CH Wheels / KW V2 Coilovers / GC Camber Plates / AKG Engine Mounts / AKG
Transmission Mounts / AKG Rear Subframe Mounts / Powerflex RTAB's / L.R. Subframe Reinforcement

Exterior: Seibon Carbon Fiber CSL Trunk / Carbon Fiber Gills, Grills, Hood Cowl & Splitters / Orion V2 AE
Interior: Alcantara Steering Wheel / Euro Tray / LED Int. Lighting / Brushed Aluminum: Trim, ///M Pedals,
R. Paddle Shifters & E-Brake Handle / E92 M3 Illuminated Shift Knob / Dynavin V5 Headunit

Last edited by GBurns; Tue, Jul-30-2013 at 03:48:03 AM.
Old Tue, Jul-30-2013, 02:28:21 AM   #3
GBurns

In the garage:

United States

After my first M3 was totaled, I was quick to begin search for its replacement. After looking at every M3 on Auto Trader, craigslist and here on the forum I finally found a good one in Florida. Luckily, right before I made the decision to buy a plane ticket a member here on the forum PMd me about his beautiful car up in Austin. This was his second M3 and he had good knowledge about the car, so I went up and took a look at it. Immediately I fell in love, so it had to be mine. This is what it looked like when I picked it up:

You can't really see it, but it had red BBS center caps...

Modifications that came with the car:

Performance:
Dixis Titanium Exhaust

Wheels & Suspension:
BBS CH Wheels
KW V2 Coilovers
Powerflex RTAB's

Exterior:
Seibon Carbon Fiber CSL Trunk
Damaged Carbon Fiber Gills
Damaged Carbon Fiber Grills
Orion V2 Angel Eyes

Interior:
Black Piano Trim
Dynavin V5 Headunit
E92 M3 Shift Knob

Along with various maintenance parts and the like, he was kind enough to include a Vorsteiner carbon fiber front bumper and carbon fiber rear diffuser in the purchase.

Once I have them painted and installed I will be converting the black/CF accents back to OEM chrome and powder coating my wheels silver so it will something like this:

I've always dreamt my car would look something like this, and now that I have all the parts the dream is that much closer to becoming true

Last edited by GBurns; Tue, Jul-30-2013 at 04:01:07 AM.
Old Tue, Jul-30-2013, 02:28:44 AM   #4
GBurns

In the garage:

United States

The first thing I had done to the car when I got it was an oil change and other small maintenance things. The same day I got all of the nice interior parts switched out from my other M3. Here are a few of the parts:

The next day I went on a nice cruise through the hill country with the crew

Last edited by GBurns; Mon, Aug-05-2013 at 04:55:32 AM.
Old Tue, Jul-30-2013, 03:33:48 AM   #5
Dizzeep
Blue Dreamin 24/7

In the garage:

India

Nice start to your journal dude. Glad that you were safe from your previous m3 wreck. New car looks great and has a nice mod list. Looking forward to seeing it in person soon hopefully!
Jump to top Dizzeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jul-30-2013, 03:41:57 AM   #6
GBurns

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzeep View Post
Nice start to your journal dude. Glad that you were safe from your previous m3 wreck. New car looks great and has a nice mod list. Looking forward to seeing it in person soon hopefully!
Thanks man! I'm very lucky to be okay from that traumatizing event lol I look forward to seeing you as well.

Check back later when I update the next couple of posts

Old Tue, Jul-30-2013, 01:19:55 PM   #7
Sharocks
Banned

In the garage:

United States

Wanna trade mufflers?
Jump to top Sharocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jul-30-2013, 02:32:47 PM   #8
BearDeXPS
6MT > SMG

In the garage:

United States

Bought time!

Now trade + CA$H that POS Dixis muffler

'13 Ford F-150 FX4 Blk/Blk fully loaded
'05 BMW ///M3 JB/Blk fully built My Journal
Dinan | Rogue Engineering | Status Gruppe Tuning | H&R | Koni | 3M | Umnitza | Turner Motorsport | TeKarbon | Coby | aFe | Bimmerworld | C&R
EVOsport | Michelin | Beisan | Dr. VANOS | Macht Schnell | Lamin-X | AKG | BSW | Eurosport Design | Mason Engineering | Vibra-Tech | evolve-R
Jump to top BearDeXPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jul-30-2013, 05:04:48 PM   #9
GBurns

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharocks View Post
Wanna trade mufflers?
Do you have a Scorza?

Old Tue, Jul-30-2013, 05:07:59 PM   #10
GBurns

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearDeXPS View Post
Bought time!

Now trade + CA$H that POS Dixis muffler
Lol I wrote a couple pages that I'm never going to post because aint nobody got time fo dat

And POS?! what?! Haha far from it... you're just jealous. I don't even know if I want to get rid of it :/ I like it, but I like the Scorza too. I might just end up with both of them. I did look up the SS race again and that's okay too I GUESS.