BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All AlbumsBlogs Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Mon, Jul-27-2009, 12:19:52 PM   #1
rbenjami
Grumpy Old Man

United States

Default Replacement Door Sill Sticker?

An overagressive detail shop destroyed/partially removed my driver's door sill sticker - the one with your vin, date of manufacture, tire pressure, etc.

Can this be reordered from BMW?

Can anyone give me any info on having this recreated/reordered?

Thanks.

• If you are wondering about whether or not to buy snow tires, please review the dozens of threads where people caused thousands of dollars of damage in a light snowfall at 10 mph.
  • If you are thinking about buying an M3 because they can now be found pre-owned fairly inexpensively, please review the threads explaining how expensive the maintenance is. Plan on spending $2,000 or more per year on routine maintenance.
Jump to top rbenjami is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Jul-28-2009, 12:59:21 AM   #2
rbenjami
Grumpy Old Man

United States

bump?

• If you are wondering about whether or not to buy snow tires, please review the dozens of threads where people caused thousands of dollars of damage in a light snowfall at 10 mph.
  • If you are thinking about buying an M3 because they can now be found pre-owned fairly inexpensively, please review the threads explaining how expensive the maintenance is. Plan on spending $2,000 or more per year on routine maintenance.
Old Tue, Jul-28-2009, 01:09:47 AM   #3
CJPatel

United States

I'd suggest contacting BMWNA
Ferrari F430 Spider, F1, and CCB's

2008 Aston Martin V8 Vantage (sold)
2003.5 E46 M3- GONE
[/FONT]
Jump to top CJPatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jul-28-2009, 07:19:37 PM   #4
rbenjami
Grumpy Old Man

United States

Just closing the loop on this. I spoke with BMW. They are very protective of these stickers! I have to bring the car in at a time when the regional rep will be at the dealership. The rep has to inspect the vehicle himself and sign the order form. I'm told that he only shows up at BMW Mt Kisco every month or so.

I guess I'll just schedule my next service for when he will be there and take care of everything at once.

Oh - and the sticker itself only costs a few bucks.

Old Tue, Jul-28-2009, 07:23:01 PM   #5
redice
hello

In the garage:

Philippines

Nice to know that these can be replaced.
Jump to top redice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jul-28-2009, 07:24:42 PM   #6
kkamakasi
울산박

South Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by redice View Post
Nice to know that these can be replaced.

i got an idea....

nvm

Jump to top kkamakasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Dec-23-2010, 07:36:32 PM   #7
roadmax05

Default Re: Replacement Door Sill Sticker?

Same situation here with my E36 M3.
Were you capable of fixing this, how did it go?
Jump to top roadmax05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Dec-23-2010, 07:52:00 PM   #8
SpdFrk
Dirt Magnet

In the garage:

Viet Nam

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbenjami View Post
Just closing the loop on this. I spoke with BMW. They are very protective of these stickers! I have to bring the car in at a time when the regional rep will be at the dealership. The rep has to inspect the vehicle himself and sign the order form. I'm told that he only shows up at BMW Mt Kisco every month or so.

I guess I'll just schedule my next service for when he will be there and take care of everything at once.

Oh - and the sticker itself only costs a few bucks.
They need to be. I'm sure people will try to get replacements with newer production dates if it's easy to get.

OEM: ZCP - 6 MT - Bi-Xenon - M-Textured Alcantara/Leather Interior - Alcantara Shift & E-Brake Boots - Alcantara ZHP Shift Knob (Illuminated) - Euro Tray (Short) & First Aid Box - Alarm - iPod Interface - Lock Bolts (5 sets)
Deletes: Sunroof - Armrest - Reflectors - ///M3 emblem (trunk)
Performance: Zeckhausen CDV - Dinan SSK, Exhaust & Stage 2 Software - Macht Schnell Stage 1 Intake & High Performance Panel Filter
Appearance: 32% FormulaOne Ceramic Tint - Aurora LED Angel Eyes - Smoked Depo Corners & Sidemarkers - Painted Keyhole Cover, Hood Grill, Kidney Grills, Side Gills, & Fog Light Rings - Black Roundels - Semi-Gloss Powdercoated ZCP Wheels
Future Mods: OEM Euro Fire Extinguisher - Dinan Stage 3 Suspension
Previous Rides: 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250; 1998 Acura Integra GS-R; 1989 Honda Accord DX; 1978 Chevrolet Impala; No-Name Tricycle
Jump to top SpdFrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Dec-23-2010, 08:31:41 PM   #9
rbenjami
Grumpy Old Man

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadmax05 View Post
Same situation here with my E36 M3.
Were you capable of fixing this, how did it go?
I got a call a month ago that the regional rep would be in the shop that afternoon. I drove over with an appointment and the rep walked around my car, checked the VIN on the dash and the VIN under the hood and said I am all set.

The parts guy then got the clearance to order the part from Germany. He said he would call when it got in. I am still waiting. I left a message for him a week ago, but haven't heard anything.

Admittedly, this has not been my top priority.

Costwise, it should all come in under $20. Timewise, two dealer visits and well over a month.

Old Mon, Jan-31-2011, 12:06:27 AM   #10
rbenjami
Grumpy Old Man

United States

Just as follow-up, this finally got accomplished on Friday. I got the VIN sticker with date of manufacture, the tire pressure sticker and a third small sticker about tire pressure over 100mph. Interestingly nothing was labeled as a "Replacement" or anything - so there is no obvious way to distinguish from new. All was through the dealership and they installed everything - about $30 in all.