BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E90 M3 (Sedan) | E92 M3 (Coupe) | E93 M3 (Convert) (2008-2013)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E90 M3 (Sedan) | E92 M3 (Coupe) | E93 M3 (Convert) (2008-2013) {Engine: S65 - Max Hp: 414 hp (420 hp Euro) at 8,300 rpm / 295 lb/ft at 3,900 rpm}

Old Wed, Jun-03-2009, 07:52:12 PM   #1
askiles

United States

Default My Problems w/ 360 Forged

My story starts out with me contacting 360 Forged about possible buying a set of Mesh 8 wheels for my E92 M3. I was told that they have set in stock, and can get them out to me within 2 weeks. So after I ordered my set of wheels from 360, they were able to get them out fairly quick, as they had the centers in stock. I told them that I wanted 19" x 9.5" & 19" x 11" wheels, with the most lip you can get, with out rubbing on my lowered E92 M3. They agreed. The centers were to be finished in a matte gray finish, and the lips would be chrome outer, black inner.

I get the wheels, have the tires mounted and balanced, put them on the car, and find out that the front wheels were made with a front lip, that was 1/2" too small. They confirmed this with the build sheet, that they had built them wrong. They pick them up, and have them shipped back to Florida. About 1 1/2 weeks go by, and they say that they are finally done, and going to ship out. At that same time I had been driving my car with the rears on, and spares up front. The rears rubbed like crazy!! I had told them what tires I was going with, so they knew what it would be when building the wheels.

I called them and told them about this, as they had obviously made the rears incorrectly as well. Also, some of the paint chipped in a few areas, so that was unacceptable to me as well. They decided to then keep the front wheels, and refinish all of the wheels at once. That was fine. So once they got the rear wheels, they inspected them, and we decided to re-lip them, instead of machining them. They said that would only take a day or two, and they would have them out by Monday the 18th. That was great.

Sunday the 17th came around, and I got an e-mail from them, asking what I wanted to do with the wheels, in spite of the fact that we had already discussed this. He said he should be able to order the parts and re-lip them by the end of the week. 360 decided that I should deal with the owner Jordan, as I was looking for a full refund now. He told me on Thursday the 21st, that wheels had in fact been shipped, and he would get me a tracking number tomorrow.

I call on the 22nd to get a tracking number, and I am given one. I check it, and it does not work. I call back and verify the number, and it was correct. The girl says to just be patient, it might take a day or two to process. I am fine with that. The long weekend goes by, and the number still does not work. Tuesday the 26th I call and talk to the owner, and find out that they have not shipped, and they are still sitting in the shop!!! This blew my mind! He said that the front wheels, after already being fixed, were "fixed" again, and another lip was added this time 1" bigger than originally done. So now the front wheels were 1/2" too big. So they would have to re-lip them again. The owner said he would get them out that day. I knew this was a lie, as they could not let the silicone dry enough on the seam of the lip and barrel, in order to re-mount my tires. This also blew my mind.

On Wednesday the 27th, I contacted the owner, and he said that the wheels were all being mounted. This would mean that at the latest they would be able to go out on Thursday, right?!?! I contact the owner on Thursday the 28th, and he was in a meeting, and would have to get back to me tomorrow. Thanks for pushing me off again! Now it is Friday the 29th, and still no word on the wheels shipping out to me. He said he would call me when he got in at noon on the 29th, and get me a tracking number.

I finally talk to him that afternoon, and he says now that the wheels are out being mounted and balanced, but would not be able to go out today, so it would have to be Monday, but he would expedite the shipping. Monday comes and goes, with no word from 360. I call Tuesday morning, and get a tracking number. The tracking number does not work. The shipping company tells me that it should work as soon as they are picked up and scanned. Last night, the tracking number finally starts working, meaning they actually were picked up on Tuesday afternoon.

Through all of this, everyone at 360 would just tell me to relax, and that everything was okay and being taken care of. I do not know how they can sit back and say that, when they lied to me multiple times about the wheels. On top of that, 360 did not send the wheels out expedited, and they also shipped them to the wrong address!! I have no clue what is going on there, but I do not feel comfortable having a product from a company that cannot do anything right! I will never buy from them again, and I highly urge no one to. I know people will, and I am sorry for them. Anyways, rant off.

-Andy
Jump to top askiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Jun-03-2009, 08:32:12 PM   #2
Cleveland
///M POWERED

Reputation: 1172 Cleveland has a reputation beyond reputeCleveland has a reputation beyond reputeCleveland has a reputation beyond reputeCleveland has a reputation beyond reputeCleveland has a reputation beyond reputeCleveland has a reputation beyond reputeCleveland has a reputation beyond reputeCleveland has a reputation beyond reputeCleveland has a reputation beyond repute

United States

360 Forged has been going through some growing pains in the last 12 months or so. I think the response to some of their products caught them by surprise. In fact, I know it did...

They never imagined that their company would grow so quickly (in such a short period of time), and they have been scrambling to get their heads above water ever since.

It's a classic case of...

"Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."

Now I'm NOT making excuses for them at all. Far from it. They decided to launch a new wheel business, and when the orders started rolling in, they were unprepared to handle the situation. They should have ramped up their business model, and hired enough people to cover the bases.

I don't think the 360 management group could really argue that, given the problems they've had in the past year.

I feel for you man, because I have been in your situation a couple of times in the past. You want some nice wheels for your ride, but the company keeps giving you the runaround. (or so it seems)

If you really want the wheels that bad...hang in there and hope for the best.

Or if you can't take it any longer...

Call the corporate office and tell them you want to speak with the Owner, President or the General Manager. (no one else) Explain how disappointed you are with what has transpired, and at this point, you just want your money back asap. (due to all the broken promises)

Good Luck.
True leaders are not those who strive to be first, but those who are first to strive and give their all for the success of the team. They can be identified by the clarity of their vision, the strength of their actions, and the integrity of their intent. A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, and the courage to make tough decisions. A true leader has compassion, and is willing to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but he becomes one by the confidence that he inspires in others. He commands the respect of his peers, and is humbled by the admiration of his followers. True leaders are first to see the need, envision the plan, and empower the team for action. By the strength of the leader's commitment, the power of the team is unleashed.
Jump to top Cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jun-03-2009, 08:39:15 PM   #3
Big Top Gt
It's what plants crave...

United States

This is typical of a growing business.

Unfortunately, 99% of business owners don't have the good sense to say "no" when they reach the limit of how much business they can process through the shop quickly and correctly.

They try to stick every dollar they can in their pockets, not realizing it may be the last few dollars they get if they don't handle the transaction properly.

Sometimes, "I'm sorry, but we can't take any more orders until XXX date" is the best way to grow your business.

Personally, I'd just charge back my card since they have the wheels, but that's just me.
Jump to top Big Top Gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jun-03-2009, 10:14:46 PM   #4
Cisco-m3

United States

You're def. being B.S'd
Do a chargeback and move on, You dont want to deal with anyone that cant stick to their word. Ive dealt with a place like that, that gives you a run around. Take your buisness else where, there are plenty of places that would like to get your money
Jump to top Cisco-m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jun-03-2009, 10:40:50 PM   #5
Banned

United States

360 is dead, their corpse has been stinking up every board for months now.

Good luck getting your money back, considering the owner of 360 defaulted on his mortgage, you are probably skrewed (or your credit card company will help you which hopefully you used a card).

Oh and 360 forged changed their name to System Forged now, just a warning to the rest of you.
Jump to top Sticky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jun-04-2009, 01:52:52 AM   #6
Big Top Gt
It's what plants crave...

United States

Damn... I'd be on the phone with my CC NOW...

What a shame, because their wheels look so damn good.

Seriously though, how do you charge that kind of money for a wheel and NOT do okay? It can't cost THAT much to make them, so the markup has to be pretty strong.
Jump to top Big Top Gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jun-04-2009, 02:24:12 AM   #7
Banned

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Top Gt View Post
Damn... I'd be on the phone with my CC NOW...

What a shame, because their wheels look so damn good.

Seriously though, how do you charge that kind of money for a wheel and NOT do okay? It can't cost THAT much to make them, so the markup has to be pretty strong.
Shitty quality, shitty customer service.

You could see 360's model early on, they posted their stuff on EVERY board, systematically attacking it. They got too big, couldn't handle it, and were all fluff. It would have worked if they delivered, I'm just surprised people were won over with pictures and no track record.

I almost went with 360, but ended up with HRE as something didn't feel right from the beginning, glad I did.
Old Thu, Jun-04-2009, 02:28:47 AM   #8
themi66

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
Shitty quality, shitty customer service.

You could see 360's model early on, they posted their stuff on EVERY board, systematically attacking it. They got too big, couldn't handle it, and were all fluff. It would have worked if they delivered, I'm just surprised people were won over with pictures and no track record.

I almost went with 360, but ended up with HRE as something didn't feel right from the beginning, glad I did.
Customer service is not good but their quality is real good. To bad they cant meet deadlines.
Jump to top themi66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jun-04-2009, 02:51:03 AM   #9
Banned

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by themi66 View Post
Customer service is not good but their quality is real good. To bad they cant meet deadlines.
I don't know, I've seen plenty of horror stories about their quality. Sounds like it depends on what mood they are in.
Old Thu, Jun-04-2009, 02:57:15 AM   #10
askiles

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland View Post
360 Forged has been going through some growing pains in the last 12 months or so. I think the response to some of their products caught them by surprise. In fact, I know it did...

They never imagined that their company would grow so quickly (in such a short period of time), and they have been scrambling to get their heads above water ever since.

It's a classic case of...

"Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."

Now I'm NOT making excuses for them at all. Far from it. They decided to launch a new wheel business, and when the orders started rolling in, they were unprepared to handle the situation. They should have ramped up their business model, and hired enough people to cover the bases.

I don't think the 360 management group could really argue that, given the problems they've had in the past year.

I feel for you man, because I have been in your situation a couple of times in the past. You want some nice wheels for your ride, but the company keeps giving you the runaround. (or so it seems)

If you really want the wheels that bad...hang in there and hope for the best.

Or if you can't take it any longer...

Call the corporate office and tell them you want to speak with the Owner, President or the General Manager. (no one else) Explain how disappointed you are with what has transpired, and at this point, you just want your money back asap. (due to all the broken promises)

Good Luck.
I spoke to the owner himself, and he refused to give me a refund. I demanded it, and they refused. He decided to "take care of my situation", and he turned out to be a bigger liar than the others I had dealt with.

-Andy
Jump to top askiles is offline   Reply With Quote