BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Garage > Forced Induction (F/I)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All AlbumsBlogs Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Forced Induction (F/I) Discuss the ever growing F/I options here!

Old Tue, Jul-22-2008, 04:06:49 AM   #1
05SCM3
Paroled Rabble Rouser

United States

Default Another M3 Joins the HPF Turbo Family!

I am pleased to announce I recently joined the HPF family. I added the HPF Stage 2 Turbo Kit to my M3. The Kit came off of Jim Paks (ST06M3) car. As the Kit was pre-owned, this makes me HPFs first stepchild I guess. However, HPF has gone out of its way to ensure I have been fully welcomed into the HPF family.

I spent several weekends and several weeknights installing the Kit. HPF includes excellent and very detailed installation instructions. HPF clearly prepared its instructions in anticipation of DIY installs; kudos to them for doing this.

I am very impressed with the quality of the Kit parts and the design of the overall Kit. HPF did an excellent job designing its Kit to assimilate into our E46 M3s rather than be an obvious add-on. Along this line, I think they did a particularly good job utilizing OEM mounting points for almost all the components of its Kit.

Even more impressive than the Kits design, the quality of its individual components, how well the pieces mate with our cars, and the mind-numbing power the Kits generate on our M3s, is HPFs commitment to customer service and satisfaction. I cant say enough positive things about Chris Bergemann, David Nguyen and Josh Adams and HPF in that regard. HPF and its people are completely focused on making sure its customers are happy with its service and products.

This applies, as I was surprised and thrilled to learn, equally to direct purchasers of the HPF Turbo Kit as well as those fortunate enough to get a hold of a pre-owned Kit. From the great pricing on new parts, to the free flash of the AEM ECU, to allowing the original warranty on the Kit to be transferred with the Kit HPF is truly about satisfied and happy customers. I am pleased to count myself among HPFs very satisfied and happy customers - the treatment and consideration I received from HPF every step of the way was nothing short of stellar.

I also need to give props to Jim Pak and Goodspeed Performance in Chandler, Arizona. Jim gave me a great Kit at a very fair price and Goodspeed did a extraordinarily careful and meticulous job removing the Kit from Jims car. There is no doubt that Goodspeeds conscientious attention to all aspects of the removal served me well when I was installing the Kit on my car.

Cheers folks.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPF 003.JPG (706.8 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg HPF 006.JPG (674.2 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg HPF 007.JPG (690.7 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg HPF 008.JPG (705.5 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg HPF 012.JPG (714.5 KB, 69 views)
Jump to top 05SCM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Jul-22-2008, 04:16:02 AM   #2
docwyte
Track addict

United States

Ah, so that's why you sold the supercharger, headers and cats...

What does a used HPF kit go for. ballpark if you don't want to get specific...

'89 Porsche 944 Turbo LS1 475hp track machine
'04 Audi A4 Avant Daily Driver
Jump to top docwyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jul-22-2008, 04:23:59 AM   #3
05SCM3
Paroled Rabble Rouser

United States

Actually, the sale of the SC Kit was unrelated to the acquistion of the HPF Kit. Two separate and distinct events.
Jump to top 05SCM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jul-22-2008, 04:26:12 AM   #4
azjimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05SCM3 View Post
Even more impressive than the Kits design, the quality of its individual components, how well the pieces mate with our cars, and the mind-numbing power the Kits generate on our M3s, is HPFs commitment to customer service and satisfaction. I cant say enough positive things about Chris Bergemann, David Nguyen and Josh Adams and HPF in that regard. HPF and its people are completely focused on making sure its customers are happy with its service and products.
This seems to be an oft repeated theme. I'll tell you what, if I wasn't already FI and was still shopping, I'd definitely go HPF. You get the most power & the best customer service on the planet. And yeah, it does cost more, but if something is the best, why shouldn't it?
VF Stage 2 S/C, Om Scorza exhaust, Stett Performance headers, Custom Performance Rasp Eliminator and Race Cats, GTR hood, 19" SSR GT3's, Bridgestone RE-11's, PSS9 coilovers, Eibach Sways, Powerflex RTABS, Angel Eyes, Smoked Depos

Jump to top azjimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jul-22-2008, 04:31:54 AM   #5
DLSJ5

United States

Congrats Stephan! Get some vids up soon!

I had a chance to play with an HPF car last weekend, great kit, very cool cat, fun times.
ESS VT625 SC 60-130 MPH 6.80s
11.30 @ 129.3 MPH

Previous - E46 05 ZCP M3 SMG
Best Boosted ET, VF-Engineering Stage 2
60-130MPH 8.67s
11.58 @ 122 MPH
Jump to top DLSJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jul-22-2008, 04:36:50 AM   #6
Jeffxxx
LSB FTW

United States

Ughhh, congrats!

Hope I can be with you soon.

Jump to top Jeffxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jul-22-2008, 05:18:45 AM   #7
ST06M3

Congrads Stephen. You gonna race Steve in his GT660?
Jump to top ST06M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jul-22-2008, 05:30:42 AM   #8
04JTM3

How much for the used kit? Just wanted to get an idea

VF Stage 2 |OEM CSL Headers | Supersprint High Flow Cats | Rogue El Diablo F/I Exhaust | Rogue Octane CNC SSK | 4.10 Gears | RAC RG4 19/9, 19/10 | Euro Ash Tray | Euro Front Bumper | Hamann Front Lip Replica | Tinted Windows Including Front Windshield | Carbon Fiber add on Molded into Trunk | Vorsteiner Double Sided Carbon Fiber Vented Hood | Flat Black Gills and Grills | Smoked LED Tail Lights | 6000K Headlights | 6000K HID Foglights | PSS9 Coilover Kit | Rogue RSM's | Rogue RTAB's | TMS Rear Subframe Reinforcement Kit | K40 Radar
Jump to top 04JTM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jul-22-2008, 06:41:27 AM   #9
Wings
Isaiah 40:31

United States

Nice

I was concerned for you Stephen when the SC came off, but now
couldn't be happier for you. It looks great. Can't wait to see some
times posted.
Jump to top Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jul-22-2008, 11:39:07 AM   #10
PeOpLeS cHoIcE