BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Marketplace > Cars for Sale/Wanted
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Cars for Sale/Wanted Place to list your private cars for sale. ONLY BMW's.

Old Mon, Oct-01-2007, 07:21:54 PM   #1
VelocityM3
AKA:::Brian

United States

Default FS: 1999 Alpine White M3 (85,123miles 22.9K on the engine)

1999 BMW ///M3 Coupe – $14,000
• VIN #: WBSBG9339XEY81284
• 85,123 Miles (23,000 miles on the engine)
• Alpine White exterior, Dove Grey interior
• 5-speed manual transmission
• Power windows, locks and mirrors
• Climate control
• 11-button OBC in great condition

Options:
• Power moonroof
• Power vader seats
• Harmon Kardon stereo
• 17” M-Contour wheels
• Cruise control
• Factory spoiler

***Sorry this is so long, but I want to be 100% honest with everyone and accurately represent what I am selling***

History:
I bought the car March 7th, 2002 from A&B Motors. The car had 36,331 miles from one previous owner. According to carfax, he owned the car for 2yrs 7months and averaged 14,235 miles per year. I had a full BMW inspection completed before the purchase and was given the green light. Immediately, after the purchase, I had the dealer do a Inspection-2 major service and replace the suspension. I have now owned the car for 5yrs and 6months averaging 12, 045 miles per year.

Unfortunately, a few months after purchasing the car, I was rear-ended at a stoplight at a low-rate of speed. The damage was not very severe, but the impact was enough to move part of the frame 2mm out of alignment. The insurance company decided that there was not close to enough damage to total the vehicle. But, whenever any frame mis-alignment has occurred, the DMV is forced to put a salvaged title on the car. Since I would not be paying for the repairs, I took it to the best place I knew of and made sure that it would get done correctly and to the best of their ability. The car was put on a frame straightener and I was assured that it had not lost any integrity or strength, as I would not have it any other way. So yes, the car does have a salvaged title, but the car has been fully rebuilt to my expectations and I was very happy with the repairs.

Around March of 2004 I had another stroke of bad-luck. I money shifted my S52 with only 62,185 miles on it. There was enough damage that the engine was a complete loss. I ended up installing a factory brand new S52 engine at my local stealership and the engine was professionally broken in on a dyno. I still babied the engine for an additional 1000 miles and let me tell you, this engine is strong! It has always had synthetic oils that have been changed regularly and it currently only has 23,000 miles on it!!! Just finally broken in if you ask me.

The car continued to be a daily-driver until the end of 2005. November 6th of 2005 the car had 80,294miles on it. Since then, I have only put 4,900 miles on it. I got a truck as a daily driver and I decided that I would keep the M3 as a weekend/fun car. I decided to go the track route with it and I wanted to turn it into a 2-seater. I stripped out the rear section and installed a Kirk Racing 4-point bolt-in roll bar with (2) Recaro SPG race buckets (they weigh 13lbs each compaired to 70lbs for the power vaders). The driver seat has a Recaro slider so it can be adjusted and finished off the setup with Sparco (SABELT) 6-point harnesses. The car has easily lost 200ish pounds on its diet which means it should weigh in around 2,9XX pounds. The only downside I can see to this setup is that there is a tad more road noise. You can hear the rear suspension and strut hats. But, you can also hear the precious exhaust note that much clearer! These issues are minimal in the scheme of things.

The car is fully street legal and it just passed SMOG and the visual inspection last month (end of july). This setup is extremely fun and fast! The only performance modifications I have done are intake/exhaust and a LTW flywheel. The car is honestly as fast as my E46m3 in the first couple gears.

January 24th 2006 the car was completely repainted minus the roof. I ensured that all dings/dents were pulled out. The body is currently in immaculate condition and shines like the day the car came from the factory. There is one small stone chip on the front air dam but other then that it is PERFECT! The wheels are now close to 9 years old and they have imperfections.

I have included a excel spreadsheet in PDF format of all maintenance/upgrades that been performed on the vehicle since ownership. I have a folder of receipts and documents to prove every dollar that has been spent on keeping this car at 100%. The car has always been serviced at a BMW stealership and has always been given synthetic oils. I loaded it as an attached file which is located at the bottom of the ad.

After-market parts:

Engine:
Active Autowerks exhaust
Active Autowerks intake
Bullet Performance LTW aluminum flywheel (60,974 miles)
Sachs sport clutch (60,974 miles)

Suspension:
H&R sport springs
X-brace
UUC Swaybarbarian

Looks:
DEPO Headlights
5-window tint
Clear corner, side and rear lights

Interior:
(2) Recaro SPG seats
(2) Sparco (SABELT) 6-point harnesses
(2) VAC Motorsport seat mounting plates
(1) Recaro seat slider kit
Kirk racing roll bar
Complete M3 floor mats

Preventative Maintenance:
JT-Designs Aluminum underbody
Optima Red gel cell battery
Zionsville motorsport radiator and aluminum T-stat housing
Bullet performance upgraded shock mounts/hats
New OEM power steering pump, rack and both tie rods (1/17/06)
Replaced entire steering column assembly (6/8/06)
**All maintenance is included in the excel sheet which is located in the attachments at the bottom of the ad**

Included with the price of the car: *Don’t have to take, but its yours!*
• The entire rear interior including every nut and bolt that was taken out to remove it.
• (2) Dove Grey power Vaders
• Stock airbox
• Stock headlights
• Stock springs
• 3.5” MAF and eurosport reducer
• Any other odds and ends, such as extra foglight bulbs and clear corners.

My upcoming plans for the car were to sell all extra parts and interior pieces listed above and put the money toward a TC-Kline or ground control suspension setup. But, I will leave that up to you.

A great deal of money has gone into maintaining this car and keeping it up to the high standards that I have for a car. I never intended on selling this car but my life has taken a different direction and I am about to start graduate school. I don’t have the time the car deserves and I am hoping to find it a great new home! My loss is your gain.

Please ask any and all questions and I will answer them truthfully and to the best of my knowledge.

**All pictures we're taken in the last week**

Last edited by VelocityM3; Sat, Jun-28-2008 at 12:24:38 AM.
Rate Seller View Rating
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Oct-01-2007, 10:44:29 PM   #2
dust4life
I hope you like drinking and sarcasm

United States

very nice if you ever feel like bringing it out to the east coast for a test drive let me know
gl with the sale
Old Mon, Oct-01-2007, 11:14:32 PM   #3
gabbo717
TWCompetition RD Spec

United States

lookin good
Old Tue, Oct-02-2007, 08:52:36 PM   #4
VelocityM3

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust4life View Post
very nice if you ever feel like bringing it out to the east coast for a test drive let me know
gl with the sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbo717 View Post
lookin good
Thanks guys!

Here's some more pics:

Thanks for looking!!
Old Fri, Oct-05-2007, 07:55:02 PM   #5
VelocityM3

United States

bumpskee

I am accepting offers.

Also, if not all the spare parts are wanted then the price can be reduced significantly, since I can then sell them myself.

-Brian