BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Marketplace > Parts for Sale/Wanted
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Parts for Sale/Wanted Post your Parts Wanted, and non commercial bmw related items for sale. We ask that companies selling goods become a Sponsor to advertise your goods.

Old Fri, May-25-2007, 04:32:00 PM   #1
miniplayer
i'm huge but my car was Mini

Thumbs up Group Buy: Autosolutions Ultra SSK (Short Shift Kit)

Talked to Ronald a few days ago, and he is considering doing a GB. As far as I know, Autosolutions offers the BEST SSK in the market for our M.

Here are some references written by Madrussian:
http://m3.madrussian.net/review_as_ssk.shtml
http://m3.madrussian.net/diy_as_ssk.shtml

Ronald has raised the price to $399 back in last Dec, and he is going to raise the price again to $459 "as soon as practical". However, if we can get enough people interested in this product, we can get a price quite a bit lower than $399, but don’t expect a 30% discount. His shop is currently closed for vacation, so he won't be able to answer any questions until he gets back in early June.

This kit, AS Ultra, will reduce the throw by 30%, and there is also a 40-45% throw reduction version. You can use the OEM shift knob, but the height will be lowered by 1/2 to 3/4 inch.

Ronald is a great guy to be dealing with. He offers superior services and has been very helpful for all my questions, and he can always get back to me very fast (before he goes on the vacation, of course).

PKumarM3 started a thread asking for people’s opinion about which SSK GB to go, and every single one left a comment on the thread voted for AS. So I believe we will have enough buyers to get this going. PKumarM3 and I will work together so that everyone’s questions can be answered quicker.
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showt...=1#post2243508

For those of you still not convinced, here are some threads about this kit:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=165613
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=52155

Edit:

Detail Added:
This group buy is for the complete kit, Ultra. And this is the same kit as Ultimate, referred to by some people.

This kit is available in 3 versions according to the amount of throw reduction: None (5%); Some (30%); A Lot (45%)
However, in this Group Buy, only the Some and A Lot will be available. The 5% reduction version is NOT applicable.
Here's Ronald's comment about these 2 versions: "most people like A Lot, and experienced racers like Some." "keep in mind that when a shifter is super precise it will feel a lot shorter in throw than a similar shifter that has play in the mechanism."

What if you bought the A Lot and it turns out to be too much for you? Drive it for a couple of hundred miles to break it in, and if you still don't like it, you can ship the 45% lever back to Ronald with $35 + shipping, and he will send you the 30% lever. Same thing for those with 30% but want A Lot (45%). Version "None" (I mean the 5% version, not none of them, lol) uses a totally different system and so won't be able to do the switch by just changing the lever, and that's why it's not applicable for this group buy.

Now accepting orders for e36 M3 or 328! (total order needs to exceed 10 kits, and the only version available for e36 is 35%)

PRICE:
Final Price!
e46 M3 Ultra Kit (Ultimate) $330 for both 30% and 45% version...AND IT INCLUDES SHIPPING (USmail to continential USA)!! $330 shipped for an extremely well designed and manufactured SSK
e46 328 or M3 $339 SHIPPED!! (when order exceeds 10 kits)

International and HI and AK additional shipping needed. Please contact us by email for shipping quote. (typical costs HI,AK $15; Canada $20; South Africa $30)

International Right Hand Drive kits +$40

SHIPPING DATE:
The problem is that the shop is already operating at full capacity in this season, so they will have to work over time to get these orders done. Please understand that Ronald and I have been trying very hard to make this happen as soon as possible. But this is a very time consuming hand assembled kit, and the last thing Ronald would do is to sacrifice quality for speed. According to the current schedule, the first batch of 20 kits will be shipped out on July 5th, and the rest will go out before July 13th.

PAYMENT METHOD:
1. Paypal: paypal@autosolutions.net (Please add 3% on top of the price)
2. Check/Money Order:
AutoSolutions
4925 Holly Street
Kansas City, MO 64112
3. Credit Cards: visa /discover/MC (Please add 2.5% on top of the price)
P.S. Kit shipped in Missouri +7.725% sales tax courtesy Missouri Department of Revenue (+$25.50)

Order Form and details: http://www.autosolutions.net/groupbuy.html
Please print it out and fax it to Autosolutions. Fax number is on Page 10.

DEADLINE:
June 15th (both joining the GB and paying for it)

Compelet paying method and other details are on PAGE 10!

More info on the kit itself:
The kit is a complete system. It includes not three but all four subassemblies of the BMW shift mechanism.The DSSR I believe is the name of the selector rod sold by UCC. Our kit includes its functional equivalent and dimensionally very different selector rod. The selector rod we manufacture is built using a high carbon steel body and stainless steel pivot pins. The carbon steel is used for maximum strenght, the stainless for its friction characteristics. Other selector rods may not compatible with this shifter and may create interference and or vibration and will most definitely position the shift lever incorrectly in the car. Either way, regardless of their quality, they would not add anything to the party because they have their own individual tolerances .

The parts included replace the following factory parts but again are intended to be installed as a unit.

Shift lever
Shift Arm or bracket
Selector rod with fully supported Stainless pins
Shift Coupler
Plus the various bearings, bushings and hardware
The kit is handfitted to remove all the clearances. it is by doing just that that the pattern becomes gated and super precise.

The attached picture ought to explain it. I have indicated the sub assemblies without getting into details. There are actually more than 20 different parts in this shifter. Note that all of the bushings, connection to the transmission and clips come installed because that is the way for us to make sure the components all match perfectly. So prior to installation you would have to disconnect the shift lever from the Selector rod/ Shift Coupler assembly. It is not necessary to disconnect the selector rod from the shift coupler. these two parts are installed as a unit.

Volk 18" TE37 / Stoptech BBK F&R / OMP race pedals

2004 Mini Cooper S (sold) 1986 Toyota MR2 N/A (no traction control)

Last edited by miniplayer; Fri, Jun-01-2007 at 03:43:49 PM.
Rate Seller View Rating
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, May-25-2007, 05:30:32 PM   #2
rabun1

United States

okay you can count me in!!!!!!!!!
Jump to top rabun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, May-25-2007, 05:38:50 PM   #3
docjavier
01 E46 M3, 95 M3 & 850i sold

Puerto Rico

If the GB is for the Ultimate Kit, I am in.
Active tunned, GC 500/550, GC sway bars, GC adj RCA, Powerflex RTABs, Treehouse Racing FCAB, Auto Solution SSK, ZHP knob alcantra boot, BHS pulleys, AFE Stage 1 intake, StopTech BBK, Dinan strut bars, Strass front lip, ACS roof spoiler, Racing Dynamics CF engine cover, Active Headers, Custom Performance Rasp Terminator, Super Sprint X pipe, Eisenmann Sport 4x83mm muffler, Orion LED, prolumen 6K & 8K in fogs, 19" Iforged Daytona polished, 18" SSR GT3 Pilot Sport. I love Focals those Utopias can rock, JL 500/5, JL W6 x 2, Alpine 9887.
Jump to top docjavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, May-25-2007, 05:44:53 PM   #4
bennys8

I'm very interested. It sounds like this group buy may take a few weeks since the shop is closed till June some time. PM me once we initiate the group buy.
Jump to top bennys8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, May-25-2007, 08:00:27 PM   #5
miniplayer
i'm huge but my car was Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabun1 View Post
okay you can count me in!!!!!!!!!
I surely will

Quote:
Originally Posted by docjavier View Post
If the GB is for the Ultimate Kit, I am in.
You mean Ultra, right? I thought it was Ultimate too, but turns out it's Ultra, cuz that's the only kit available for our M3. You can choose the 40% reduction version if you want it to be the "ultimate"...but I guess there will be a catch like overly heavy for street use. that's just my guess though. haven't talked to Ronald about that version

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennys8 View Post
I'm very interested. It sounds like this group buy may take a few weeks since the shop is closed till June some time. PM me once we initiate the group buy.
If we can get enough interest and a dependable list here, the production might be able to start right after June 5th.

Volk 18" TE37 / Stoptech BBK F&R / OMP race pedals

2004 Mini Cooper S (sold) 1986 Toyota MR2 N/A (no traction control)
Jump to top miniplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, May-25-2007, 08:20:12 PM   #6
edzilla
Never pull out, never surrender.

United States

Add me to the list.

Ed
Jump to top edzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, May-25-2007, 08:50:38 PM   #7
Foggyglasses

United States

Count me in

2008 Toyota X-Runner
2004 BMW M3, IR, 6MT, BBS RGR, Michelin PS2, SS Race, GC Coilovers, AS SSK, ZCP Brakes, TFX Projectors, RE Trans Mounts, CDV Delete, Euro Bumper, Euro Mirrors, Black Grills, Depo Corners, ZHP Knob, HO Tint
2002 Yamaha R1 (Sold)
Jump to top Foggyglasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, May-25-2007, 09:10:54 PM   #8
docjavier
01 E46 M3, 95 M3 & 850i sold

Puerto Rico

Quote from Madrussian web page.

"There are 3 kits available for the E46 M3 from AutoSolutions. The Basic Kit which is simply a lever replacement: I drove one and really was not fond of this version. The Complete Kit which is the lever and the selector rod which I have never tried and the Ultimate Kit with includes the lever, selector rod, coupler and carrier. This review is for the Ultimate Kit and honestly if you're going to bother do it right and go with this version."

So what kit are we talking about? Just clarifiying to prevent misunderstandings.
Active tunned, GC 500/550, GC sway bars, GC adj RCA, Powerflex RTABs, Treehouse Racing FCAB, Auto Solution SSK, ZHP knob alcantra boot, BHS pulleys, AFE Stage 1 intake, StopTech BBK, Dinan strut bars, Strass front lip, ACS roof spoiler, Racing Dynamics CF engine cover, Active Headers, Custom Performance Rasp Terminator, Super Sprint X pipe, Eisenmann Sport 4x83mm muffler, Orion LED, prolumen 6K & 8K in fogs, 19" Iforged Daytona polished, 18" SSR GT3 Pilot Sport. I love Focals those Utopias can rock, JL 500/5, JL W6 x 2, Alpine 9887.
Jump to top docjavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, May-25-2007, 09:27:03 PM   #9
hitekniks

Keep me posted when thsi goes down. Most likely by that time I will be able to get it.!

2001 Laguna Seca Blue M3- K&N57, 19' BBS Rs-Gt, Magnaflow Full Cat-Back, Koni Adjustable Shocks H&R Springs, Stop-tech BBK, HID's, Smoked Depo Corners, DIY Blacked Out Kidney Grills&Gills,LED Taillight Upgrade...More to come..!
My Photo Gallery
http://www.flickr.com/weeezyfbabby
Jump to top hitekniks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, May-25-2007, 09:31:05 PM   #10
BrianNC

I've been wanting this for a while, please add details, but I'll probably pull the trigger.