BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Photos and Videos
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All AlbumsBlogs Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Photos and Videos Place to post and discuss BMW and other automotive videos and photos.

Old Thu, Nov-02-2006, 12:45:18 AM   #1
skelzy
Great White

Default New Z06 catches fire next to me! (Pics)

So I'm chillin on my way home from work today when all of a sudden a red vette passes me on the right shoulder and its ON FIRE! I'm like " Holy Sh*t, I gotta see this" so i follow him about a block and he pulls into a goodyear tire store near my house. As I pull up I realize its the new Z06. WOW. I pull up and the owner is out of the car and watching it being consumed in flames right in front of him. The guys at goodyear come running out with a fire extinguisher and put out the fire, or so they thought. I asked the owner if he was ok and he said yes. He said he heard something from underneath the car on the highway but didnt realize it was on fire until he exited, which is when he passed me. I asked if he was beating it or what? He said no, but the dealer recently installed a new exhaust on the car. I was like "ooohhhhh"! Just then, the goodyear guys started yelling at us to move away because it was on fire again. This time it spread quickly and I really thought the gas tank was gonna explode. Then, the local fire dept. arrived and started dousing the car with the fire hoses. I mean DOUSING! The fire chief walkes over to us and tells the owner that the car is gone and not salvagable, but they would try to be as careful with as they could. As soon as he said that, the firemen went to work on the car with pic-ax and heavy ax. They smashed the trunk window and started to pull off the body work with the ax's to make sure the fire was out. I personally am not a fan of the vettes, but it was heartbreaking to see this beautiful Z06 being torn apart after it has just burned to the ground. I asked the owner if he minded if I took a few pics and he said not at all. I knew you guys would like this so I snapped away........Here ya' go and remember...ALWAYS BUY GERMAN!!!! Just kidding:

2005 Coupe AW/BLK/SMG/LOADED

Last edited by skelzy; Thu, Oct-22-2009 at 06:31:37 PM.
Jump to top skelzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, Nov-02-2006, 12:50:23 AM   #2
18BlackE46

wow...
Old Thu, Nov-02-2006, 12:53:51 AM   #3
lnsaneM
daily m driver

In the garage:

United States

damn
you got a video?
Old Thu, Nov-02-2006, 12:57:52 AM   #4
skelzy
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnsaneM
damn
you got a video?
Unfortunatly nah bro....My CF card on my digital camera didnt have the memory for the mpeg. I wish I could have. Something to behold...On a side note, if you look at the pics you will notice the burns on the back of the car. Thats from the design of the undercarrige which channels air through diffusers. When he went passed me, the flames were visible under the car and shooting out the back from the airflow design, but not on the side of the car at all. It showed how well the underskirts work for airflow....

Last edited by skelzy; Thu, Nov-02-2006 at 01:01:12 AM.
Old Thu, Nov-02-2006, 01:01:15 AM   #5
Arnee
Banned

I feel bad for him.
Jump to top Arnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Nov-02-2006, 01:08:07 AM   #6
Riz1
The Great

United States

wow where in Long Island was this John???:nixweiss: must've been a huge scene watching this car literally burn....wow poor zo6

Ride on order
SOLD 05 white/red M3
Jump to top Riz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Nov-02-2006, 01:09:08 AM   #7
a_Y

I feel bad for him too... But then what's up with these Corvettes? First I read about someone's roof coming off when he gunned his car.. Now this one is on fire.. :nixweiss:

BMW M rules!
Jump to top a_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Nov-02-2006, 01:13:10 AM   #8
TPowerdinNY
Official VT # 7

United States

poor z06 i cant believe my eyes
Old Thu, Nov-02-2006, 01:57:00 AM   #9
skelzy
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riz1
wow where in Long Island was this John???:nixweiss: must've been a huge scene watching this car literally burn....wow poor zo6
It happened right on 107 broadway, next to Waldbaums at the Goodyear tire store in Jericho. He just exited the northern state going east. I was waiting at that light when he passed me on the right. He said he paid over $90K for the car. I heard these Z06's were going for more than list, but DAMN! $90K? He also said the car has had nothing but problems and was always in the shop.

Old Thu, Nov-02-2006, 02:39:49 AM   #10
jaysonx

Holy ouch - heartbreaking to see. Gotta send this link over to my Vette buddies.

Last edited by jaysonx; Thu, Nov-02-2006 at 02:49:06 AM.
Jump to top jaysonx is offline   Reply With Quote