BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Regional M3's > Pacific
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Old Wed, Feb-21-2018, 02:02:37 AM   #61
spx

United States

Default Re: DanAvoN7 appreciation thread (VANOS/valve adjust)

Vanos** lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Mar-12-2018, 08:28:02 PM   #62
Illiyonks

United States

10/10. Cant say anything negative about Dan. Hes about as precise as you'll get from a mechanic. Dan not only took 100+ photos of the work but was in touch with me daily about the progress of the car and where he is in the process. He went as far as to source a unbroken vanos hub for me at a 20% savings over market. I will 120% only let Dan touch the e46 moving forward as ive never met anyone so knowledgeable and meticulous with this chasis. I would recommend him to all my friends for any vanos work or anything e46 m3 related
Jump to top Illiyonks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Apr-27-2018, 08:34:38 PM   #63
Kwakjoe

In the garage:

United States

Another excellent experience with Dan. This time I ended up purchasing his old coilovers and installed them for me + corner balanced (cant beat the price for corner balancing). Also ended up refreshing the cooling system while I was there. If you're lazy like me, Dan's a no-brainer.
Old Mon, Apr-30-2018, 01:07:17 AM   #64
speedman2

United States

I dropped off my car a few weeks ago with Dan for the first time and the experience was 100% excellent. He took the time to make detailed recommendations based on the work I wanted done and was even willing to take me to the Bart station so that I could get home. He changed my control arms, FCABs, RTABs, engine mounts, steering coupler, and diff fluid quickly and kept in constant contact with texts and pictures. He was extremely meticulous and replaced missing fasteners that I would have never noticed! Dan's awesome and I'll be back soon to install Koni yellows with eibachs!
Jump to top speedman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, May-20-2018, 06:06:50 PM   #65
muhli

United States

Heard about Dan from fellow enthusiasts when I was inquiring about Vanos work. Though I do have quite a bit of experience of working on cars, touching the engine is something I'll never attempt to do. Throughout the process, Dan was super professional and prompt in responding to any sort of questions I had. Glad to know my tabs were intact from all the pics he sent me. (Might have to put it in my journal if I ever decide to make one). He even inspected parts of the car and recommended places where I might need to address in the future. Best of all, he, like others said, was willing to drive me to and from the bart stations for those unable to find rides.

Highly recommended for anyone in the Bay who needs their vanos bulletproofed!
Old Tue, Jun-26-2018, 02:14:57 AM   #66
csynic

In the garage:

United States

Reached out to Dan to get a bunch of preventative work on my car - rod bearings, suspension refresh, brakes. He comes highly recommended from folks on the forum, and with good reason.

Right from the get you, you know he's the real deal - super patient and prompt with inquiries, and extremely detail oriented. He treats your car like his own, and literally cleans every nut, washer, and screw before it goes back on the car. He is always reaching out to provide updates, and documents the process with pictures (which get sent to you while he's working + in a separate large folder after with even more pics). He sees every single thing that is not factory spec (wrong torque, incorrect washer/screw etc.), remedies all of them and tries to save you as much money as he can. His rates are super competitive, and the work is absolutely top notch. What more could you ask for from a mechanic?

Everything feels as good as new - thank you Dan!
Jump to top csynic is offline   Reply With Quote