BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Garage > M3 Car Care and Detailing
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

M3 Car Care and Detailing Place to discuss keeping your M looking its best.

Old Thu, Jun-07-2018, 06:13:32 PM   #11
CheckABS
Volks or bust!

United States

Default Re: Detailing your M3? Share with everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneM3 View Post
Not at that level and don't have a lot to share yet, but here are my chemicals and my first shot at it.
Awesome job - car looks great!

Iíve learned that itís not about the fancy equipment but rather the process and taking your time. Now upgrading to the fancy stuff is fun as well. Detailing is equally as expensive as modifying these cars when you really get into it.

For Sale:
Volk TE37SL 18x9.5 +35 squared
Volk CE28N 19s
Jump to top CheckABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, Jun-07-2018, 11:59:10 PM   #12
TboneM3
YNWA

In the garage:

United States

Thanks

It's cool that you can really get into it and there are so many products to try, but you can also get a lot done with some very affordable basics like Meguiar's even.

Evolve-R Alpha N ∑ Evolve CSL CF Airbox ∑ Eventuri Scoop ∑ Supersprint V1 stepped ∑ SS V1 S pipe + 200 cell HFC ∑ OE sect 2 ∑ SS Sport ∑ BMW Motorsport 4.10 ∑ Besian ∑ RE pullies/fan delete ∑ WPC rod bearings ∑ TMS Camber & Subf plates ∑ RE Trans Mounts ∑ AKG poly SUB/DIFF ∑ SDW RTAB ∑ ZHP knob + UUC DSSR ∑ GroundControl S/A (Koni/Eibach 440/550) + tall RSMs ∑ OE CSL trunk ∑ APEX 75mm Studs ∑ Sportline 8S 18"x8.5/9.5" ∑ MPSS 245/275 ∑ ss brake/clutch lines ∑ Pioneer DEH-80PRS ∑ Eclipse PA5422 ∑ CDT HD-6 + WS-100i ∑ CDT EX-530 ∑ 8" Kicker

DD/Beater: 1999 Civic LX - Kenwood x998 ∑ PPI 1600.4 ∑ CDT HD-6 + HD-100 ∑ CDT EX-530 ∑ Clarion 10"
Jump to top TboneM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jun-09-2018, 05:05:03 PM   #13
tjkenny15

In the garage:

United States

I like what I see. Interesting choice of products as well.

Iíve been thinking about trying Chemical Brothers. They seem to have amazing videos and selections. Also, American made :thumbsup

Anyone have experience with them? Iíve been exclusively using Mothers products but want to try a very light clay bar and wax.
Old Sun, Jun-10-2018, 07:14:27 PM   #14
oceansize

In the garage:

United States

Add my two cents as I just completed a lengthy detail the other day. You can't go wrong with clay bar then Meguiars M105->M205->M21->Insert your favorite wax here. Throw in a porter cable random orbital and you are gold. This combination has been used by many for a long time. Simple and relatively inexpensive and most importantly looks great. My choice of wax is Meguiars NXT 2.0 liquid. I like to hand apply, don't know why, just do. I use Meguiars APC for wheel wells and Sonax for engine cleaning and detailing. Gliptone for leather with a good tampico brush, RaggTopp for convertible care.

For those new to paint correction be careful with the M105 as you can burn through the clear depending on your car's condition and how many times it has been rough cut before. My car is titanium so you really needed to see before/after in person but posted a pic anyways along with all the other crap I use.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180610_150609.jpg (727.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 20180605_201516.jpg (737.8 KB, 11 views)
Stoptech Brakes
MRR GT-1 Wheels
TTFS SMG Tune
Rogue Eng. Diablo Exhaust w/ SS Tips
Rogue Eng. Rasp Pipe
Redish Reinforcement Plates
Polyurethane Rear Subframe Bushings
Polyurethane Differential Bushings
Beisan Oil Pump Disk

Last edited by oceansize; Sun, Jun-10-2018 at 08:05:58 PM. Reason: words and pics, your = you are
Jump to top oceansize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jun-10-2018, 07:42:45 PM   #15
CheckABS
Volks or bust!

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkenny15 View Post
I like what I see. Interesting choice of products as well.

I’ve been thinking about trying Chemical Brothers. They seem to have amazing videos and selections. Also, American made :thumbsup

Anyone have experience with them? I’ve been exclusively using Mothers products but want to try a very light clay bar and wax.
Chemical guys? I use a few of the products:

CG Barebones undercarriage
CG Window Cleaner
CG Honey Dew ( in my foam canon )
CG Mr. Pink ( good wash soap )
CG Citrus wash - I have yet to use this but bought some for a strip wash
CG polish stuff - didn't love it

CarPro makes a great line of products and I would choose them every time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceansize View Post
Add my two cents as I just completed a lengthy detail the other day. You can't go wrong with clay bar then Meguiars M105->M205->M21->Insert your favorite wax here. Throw in a porter cable random orbital and your gold. This combination has been used by many for a long time. Simple and relatively inexpensive and most importantly looks great. My choice of wax is Meguiars NXT 2.0 liquid. I like to hand apply, don't know why, just do. I use Meguiars APC for wheel wells and Sonax for engine cleaning and detailing. Gliptone for leather with a good tampico brush, RaggTopp for convertible care.

For those new to paint correction be careful with the M105 as you can burn through the clear depending on your car's condition and how many times it has been rough cut before. My car is titanium so you really needed to see before/after in person but posted a pic anyways along with all the other crap I use.
Looks great!

M105 is great but it creates a LOT of dust.

Nothing wrong with the good ole fashion wax after paint correction. I have been using Collinite 845 with good results. I need to try the whole Jescar Powerlock + / 845 combo!

For Sale:
Volk TE37SL 18x9.5 +35 squared
Volk CE28N 19s
Jump to top CheckABS is offline   Reply With Quote