BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>
Loading


Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Fri, Dec-30-2016, 04:52:27 PM   #1561
Rsteckhahn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 15
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Rsteckhahn is on a distinguished road
Location: Monmouth county

United States




Default Re: E46 M3 Sales Tracker: Please Report Your Purchase or Sale!

Are you the Buyer or Seller?: buyer
Model Year: 2002
Mileage: 100,000
CraigslistCoupe or Convertible?:coupe
Exterior Color: jet black
Interior Color: imola red
Manual or SMG?: manual
Major Options: premium, cold weather
Under Warranty? (if yes, please indicate type and remaining coverage): no
[/B]Overall Condition (Excellent, Good, Fair, Poor):fair
Any unusual items that affected value?: paint defects, smg-manual swap
With Whom Did You Complete the Sale? (Private, BMW Dealership, Other Dealership, Auction):private
How Did You Find Seller/Buyer?: Craigslist

Sale Location (City, State): eastern PA
Sale Date (Month, Year): 4/16
Seller Asking Price: $ $15,000
Final Sales Price (amount seller received): $15,000
Est. Published Value, if known (KBB, Edmunds TMV, NADA, etc.): $?
Other Comments (amount of time in the market, successful negotiating tactics, words of advice, pictures, etc.):[/QUOTE] previous owner had for a year and was getting the car up to snuff. Did through bolt subframe reinforcement, manual swap done right, titanium exhaust, csl wheels, csl trunk. The car was spot on what I was looking for - hence no negotiation. It did come with a decent to-do list, which I continue to work on. Probably should have paid closer to $13k
Jump to top Rsteckhahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, Dec-30-2016, 05:50:07 PM   #1562
armenhart
Registered User
 
armenhart's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 295
Reputation: 0 armenhart is on a distinguished road
Location: Orange County

United States




Default Re: E46 M3 Market Sales Tracker: Please Report Your Purchase or Sale!

Has anyone ever tried making an excel spreadsheet or something of the sort with all this info in it?. Would be helpful to see a chart that graphs mileage vs price over time.
__________________
2005 Mystic Blue M3 6MT swap

AKG | GC | Turner | Achilles | Redish | Apex | Exhaust
Instagram: armenhart_m3
Jump to top armenhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Dec-31-2016, 05:26:25 AM   #1563
Levim9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 60
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Levim9 is on a distinguished road
Location: Central Pa

United States




Default Re: E46 M3 Market Sales Tracker: Please Report Your Purchase or Sale!

Are you the Buyer or Seller?: Buyer
Model Year: 2002
Mileage: 45,200
Coupe or Convertible?: Coupe
Exterior Color: Laguna Seca Blue
Interior Color: Black
Manual or SMG?: Manual
Major Options: Premium, Cold weather, Bi xenon, 19s
Under Warranty? (if yes, please indicate type and remaining coverage): No
Overall Condition (Excellent, Good, Fair, Poor): Good
Any unusual items that affected value?: Black interior was more desirable to me
With Whom Did You Complete the Sale? (Private, BMW Dealership, Other Dealership, Auction): Private
How Did You Find Seller/Buyer?: Cars.com, M3forum, E46fanatics

Sale Location (City, State): Salt Lake City, UT
Sale Date (Month, Year): May, 2015
Seller Asking Price: I believe he started around $30k, but his final asking was $27.9k
Final Sales Price (amount seller received): $27k
Est. Published Value, if known (KBB, Edmunds TMV, NADA, etc.): I didn't bother looking that up
Other Comments (amount of time in the market, successful negotiating tactics, words of advice, pictures, etc.): Basically the 60k-75k mile, manual, coupe M3s I was interested in were going for 24k-25k and they were selling within a week, before I was able to check it out in person or pay a local dealership to perform a pre purchase inspection. I paid a little extra for a lower mileage one with a color combo I loved.

__________________
Jump to top Levim9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jan-01-2017, 11:25:33 PM   #1564
armenhart
Registered User
 
armenhart's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 295
Reputation: 0 armenhart is on a distinguished road
Location: Orange County

United States




Default Re: E46 M3 Market Sales Tracker: Please Report Your Purchase or Sale!

In the past couple days I went through all posts in 2016 and threw some basic info into a spreadsheet. My goal was to create a chart that could easily show us if the asking price is in the correct ballpark. Obviously it's not so black-and-white since there are so many factors that effect price, but I feel it's a helpful tool. I might go further back to the start of the thread to add more data, but not sure yet.

The link for anyone interested in looking at the whole spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

With the link you can also move the house over each point and see the exact mileage and price.

Quick upload of the Price vs Mileage chart.

__________________
2005 Mystic Blue M3 6MT swap

AKG | GC | Turner | Achilles | Redish | Apex | Exhaust
Instagram: armenhart_m3
Jump to top armenhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jan-02-2017, 12:04:17 AM   #1565
Gbakerkingston
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 5
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Gbakerkingston is on a distinguished road
Location: Kingston

Canada




Default Re: E46 M3 Market Sales Tracker: Please Report Your Purchase or Sale!

Are you the Buyer or Seller?: Buyer
Model Year: 2005
Mileage: 32,000 km (about 20,000 miles).
Coupe or Convertible?: Convertible
Exterior Color: Carbon Black (looks deep blue under certain light)
Interior Color: Cinnamon
Manual or SMG?: SMG
Major Options: LOADED, including factory cover.
Under Warranty?: No
Overall Condition (Excellent, Good, Fair, Poor): Show Room. As new.
Any unusual items that affected value?: Low km, full vehicle history - all service paperwork including original bill of sale/title, import documentation, etc. Always stored in heated garage, covered.
With Whom Did You Complete the Sale?: Private sale
How Did You Find Seller/Buyer?: kijiji.ca

Sale Location (City, State): Edmonton, Alberta
Sale Date (Month, Year): July 2016
Seller Asking Price: $ 30,000 (Canadian)
Final Sales Price (amount seller received): $ 30,000 (Canadian). Vendor was not negotiable.
Est. Published Value, if known (KBB, Edmunds TMV, NADA, etc.): Not known

Purchased sight unseen. Had vendor take car to BMW for PDI prior to buying one way Air Canada tickets to pick up. Considered very rare find. Exceptional condition. Vendor picked us up at airport - wonderful people. Did the deal, and drove 5,000 km back via Rocky Mountains (Icefields Parkway), the Prairies, Northern Ontario, Chi Chi Maun Ferry (Manitoulan Island to Bruce Peninsula). An Incredible drive of a lifetime!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0099.JPG (120.5 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by Gbakerkingston; Mon, Jan-02-2017 at 05:41:27 PM.
Jump to top Gbakerkingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jan-02-2017, 12:30:02 AM   #1566
NickSM
Registered User
 
NickSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 61
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 NickSM is on a distinguished road
Location: Los Angeles

United States




Default Re: E46 M3 Market Sales Tracker: Please Report Your Purchase or Sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by armenhart View Post
In the past couple days I went through all posts in 2016 and threw some basic info into a spreadsheet. My goal was to create a chart that could easily show us if the asking price is in the correct ballpark. Obviously it's not so black-and-white since there are so many factors that effect price, but I feel it's a helpful tool. I might go further back to the start of the thread to add more data, but not sure yet.

The link for anyone interested in looking at the whole spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

With the link you can also move the house over each point and see the exact mileage and price.

Quick upload of the Price vs Mileage chart.


nice work man! Very useful!

Ps: typo on the word mouse. Moving houses is hard!
Jump to top NickSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jan-02-2017, 01:03:16 AM   #1567
armenhart
Registered User
 
armenhart's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 295
Reputation: 0 armenhart is on a distinguished road
Location: Orange County

United States




Default Re: E46 M3 Market Sales Tracker: Please Report Your Purchase or Sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSM View Post
nice work man! Very useful!

Ps: typo on the word mouse. Moving houses is hard!
Typo? You mean to tell me you don't move houses in spreadsheets? It's 2017, get with the times man!
__________________
2005 Mystic Blue M3 6MT swap

AKG | GC | Turner | Achilles | Redish | Apex | Exhaust
Instagram: armenhart_m3
Jump to top armenhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jan-02-2017, 01:06:38 AM   #1568
armenhart
Registered User
 
armenhart's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 295
Reputation: 0 armenhart is on a distinguished road
Location: Orange County

United States




Default Re: E46 M3 Market Sales Tracker: Please Report Your Purchase or Sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbakerkingston View Post
Are you the Buyer or Seller?: Buyer
Model Year: 2005
Mileage: 32,000 km (about 20,000 miles).
Coupe or Convertible?: Convertible
Exterior Color: Carbon Black (looks deep blue under certain light)
Interior Color: Cinnamon
Manual or SMG?: SMG
Major Options: LOADED, including factory cover.
Under Warranty?: No
Overall Condition (Excellent, Good, Fair, Poor): Show Room. As new.
Any unusual items that affected value?: Low km, full vehicle history - all service paperwork including original bill of sale/title, import documentation, etc. Always stored in heated garage, covered.
With Whom Did You Complete the Sale?: Private sale
How Did You Find Seller/Buyer?: kijiji.ca

Sale Location (City, State): Edmonton, Alberta
Sale Date (Month, Year): July 2016
Seller Asking Price: $ 30,000 (Canadian)
Final Sales Price (amount seller received): $ 30,000 (Canadian). Vendor was not negotiable.
Est. Published Value, if known (KBB, Edmunds TMV, NADA, etc.): Not known

Purchased sight unseen. Had vendor take car to BMW for PDI prior to buying one way Air Canada tickets to pick up. Considered very rare find. Exceptional condition. Vendor picked us up at airport - wonderful people. Did the deal, and drove 5,000 km back via Rocky Mountains (Icefields Parkway), the Prairies, Northern Ontario, Chi Chi Maun Ferry (Manitoulan Island to Bruce Peninsula). An Incredible drive of a lifetime!
Congrats! Sounds like a beauty. Would love to see some pics!
__________________
2005 Mystic Blue M3 6MT swap

AKG | GC | Turner | Achilles | Redish | Apex | Exhaust
Instagram: armenhart_m3
Jump to top armenhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jan-02-2017, 04:50:20 AM   #1569
NickSM
Registered User
 
NickSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 61
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 NickSM is on a distinguished road
Location: Los Angeles

United States




Default Re: E46 M3 Market Sales Tracker: Please Report Your Purchase or Sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by armenhart View Post
Typo? You mean to tell me you don't move houses in spreadsheets? It's 2017, get with the times man!
haha!
Jump to top NickSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jan-02-2017, 04:52:13 PM   #1570
maw1124
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 100
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 maw1124 is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: E46 M3 Market Sales Tracker: Please Report Your Purchase or Sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSM View Post
nice work man! Very useful!
Indeed. This question may deserve a new thread, but here it goes: Are we starting to see the historical market preference for manual coupes give way? Are SMG Verts starting to command market premium?

It's a tough question because you have to somehow isolate away the non-controversial" preferences for year, mileage, ZCP and color combos. Those preferences make sense. The preference for coupe over vert, and manual over SMG have never made sense to me.

maw
Jump to top maw1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
e46, market, prices, purchase, purchases, report, sale, sales, tracker, used cars

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:58:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
M3Forum.com and M3forum.net is in no way sponsored, endorsed or affiliated by or with BMW NA / BMW AG or any of it's subsidiaries or vendors.
BMW and M3 (E90 M3 | E92 M3 | E93 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | E30 M3) are registered trademarks of BMW AG.
M3Forum Terms of Service
Copyright 1999-2017 M3Forum.com
Discussing E46 M3 Market Sales Tracker: Please Report Your Purchase or Sale! in the E46 M3 (2001-2006) Forum - Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006. at BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)