BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Marketplace > Parts for Sale/Wanted
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Parts for Sale/Wanted Post your Parts Wanted, and non commercial bmw related items for sale. We ask that companies selling goods become a Sponsor to advertise your goods.

Old Thu, Jun-21-2018, 03:15:35 AM   #351
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Group buy: Karbonius CSL Airbox - Up to 14% off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
Another question - I see where pretty much everything goes on the box, but there's a small hole in the bottom - what goes there? There are two holes on the bottom, hoses in those respective areas connect there. You will see them when you are removing your stock airbox or in on of the many DIYs. That rear one is a huge pain in the ass...especially if you have big hands. It's the worst part in my opinion. Also do you keep the metal bracket that the factory box mounted to for the CSL box? Absolutely. If not, you don't really have anything securing it to the car except for the intake runners...yikes. The oval hole on the bottom I assume feeds ducting that you have to fabricate somehow from the bumper inlet (if you have a CSL bumper)? Probably easier to just use the OE CSL parts for that ducting, but you can fabricate something too...Especially if you don't have a CSL bumper.

Everything else seems fairly straightforward so far. Wiring was a b!tch....Even though it shouldn't have been.
See red.

Mods: Genuine OE CSL Bumper, Karbonius CSL Airbox, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized Catless section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized section 2, Supersprint LW Race Muffler, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, ...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of: Nothing at the moment.
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, Jun-21-2018, 07:40:14 PM   #352
andone815

United States

Just installed. Itís not as loud as I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jump to top andone815 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jun-21-2018, 07:51:12 PM   #353
fattycharged
can't even

In the garage:

Zimbabwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by andone815 View Post

Just installed. Itís not as loud as I think.

take out under hood insulation and/or lose your loud muffler and enjoy
Old Thu, Jun-21-2018, 08:31:47 PM   #354
Dr M3an M3

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattycharged View Post
take out under hood insulation and/or lose your loud muffler and enjoy
Yep. Or have some one drive your car or rev it with you in front of it. It might not be totally obvious from the driver's seat if you have a loud muffler/exhaust system...but I can assure you, people outside of your car can hear you 1-2 miles away when you are on it from about 5k and above. ....At least, so my neighbor tells me.

Having this airbox -- I am going to be honest, it's totally transformed the car and the way I drive. It's become an exercise of self-control. I totally see where TheDoogan is coming from now...

The airbox is like a Siren's song. Once you hear it wail, you can't stop listening to it...You just don't want it to end, as it drags you into the deep. You will find yourself redlining the car more than usual, your mpg lower than usual, hanging on to a gear just a little bit longer before you shift, with the pedal pressed a little bit firmer and for a little longer than you normally would hold it down before letting off. One minute you are driving to the grocery store, and the next minute you are pulled into her melody to the point that you are at or near triple digits before you realize it. The negative to this (aside from safety) is that everyone else can hear that Siren's call too...So you better have some sort of RADAR up because while you are being sucked into the glorious sounds of that induction roar, 5.0 can hear you a mile before you get to them. It really has become an exercise of self-control -- Expect the same to be true for you all. The car just becomes heroine. What's even more crazy is that I have just been informed from my tuner that I have basically been running around with the CSL base tune (just rescaled for stock cams among other things for safety measure, until my IAT wiring was sorted; which it now is)...This weekend it's going to be getting a whole lot quicker from what I was told, when I remap it. I honestly am in disbelief....It already pulls so damn hard. Maybe it is placebo, but I swear it feels like each gear now pulls like the gear before it would with the stock us-spec tune. I anticipate my tread wear going up too, as traction seems to be that much easier to break in each higher gear compared to the stock tune. If it's all placebo -- Well, I got my money's worth!

Mods: Genuine OE CSL Bumper, Karbonius CSL Airbox, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized Catless section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized section 2, Supersprint LW Race Muffler, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, ...and more to come!

Last edited by Dr M3an M3; Thu, Jun-21-2018 at 08:36:03 PM.
Old Thu, Jun-21-2018, 09:03:06 PM   #355
cncmastr
M-Texture Alcantara

In the garage:

United States

It feels like it pulls, because it does!

2006 M-textured M3 ZCP w/ CSL goodies and cams
Blog: http://www.obsessedmotorsport.com/blog

Collection of my DIY Guides here
Personal Blog
http://www.obsessedmotorsport.com/blog
Jump to top cncmastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jun-21-2018, 09:34:17 PM   #356
EYEHAVEYOU
Simon

In the garage:

United States

I need to stop coming into this thread... want one of these so badly

2006 M3 ZCP 6MT - Interlagos Blue /// Imola Red
2005 M3 ZCP 6MT - Alpine White /// Imola Red (Gone)
Jump to top EYEHAVEYOU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jun-21-2018, 09:57:17 PM   #357
andone815

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
Yep. Or have some one drive your car or rev it with you in front of it. It might not be totally obvious from the driver's seat if you have a loud muffler/exhaust system...but I can assure you, people outside of your car can hear you 1-2 miles away when you are on it from about 5k and above. ....At least, so my neighbor tells me.

Having this airbox -- I am going to be honest, it's totally transformed the car and the way I drive. It's become an exercise of self-control. I totally see where TheDoogan is coming from now...

The airbox is like a Siren's song. Once you hear it wail, you can't stop listening to it...You just don't want it to end, as it drags you into the deep. You will find yourself redlining the car more than usual, your mpg lower than usual, hanging on to a gear just a little bit longer before you shift, with the pedal pressed a little bit firmer and for a little longer than you normally would hold it down before letting off. One minute you are driving to the grocery store, and the next minute you are pulled into her melody to the point that you are at or near triple digits before you realize it. The negative to this (aside from safety) is that everyone else can hear that Siren's call too...So you better have some sort of RADAR up because while you are being sucked into the glorious sounds of that induction roar, 5.0 can hear you a mile before you get to them. It really has become an exercise of self-control -- Expect the same to be true for you all. The car just becomes heroine. What's even more crazy is that I have just been informed from my tuner that I have basically been running around with the CSL base tune (just rescaled for stock cams among other things for safety measure, until my IAT wiring was sorted; which it now is)...This weekend it's going to be getting a whole lot quicker from what I was told, when I remap it. I honestly am in disbelief....It already pulls so damn hard. Maybe it is placebo, but I swear it feels like each gear now pulls like the gear before it would with the stock us-spec tune. I anticipate my tread wear going up too, as traction seems to be that much easier to break in each higher gear compared to the stock tune. If it's all placebo -- Well, I got my money's worth!

Totally agree... Iím burning more gas than usual

Jump to top andone815 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jun-21-2018, 11:00:28 PM   #358
lippstuh

In the garage:

United States

Does anyone know if these are the right pins for the DME connections? Specifically the wires for MAP and IAT sensors that go INTO the DME. I don't want to cut the MAF sensor wires.

Terminal Socket For Mlk 1 - 0.5-1.0MM/Sn - Part# 12527510674

Mods ∑ Evolve Eventuri ∑ JIC Cross/ZMS RS coilovers ∑ Square OE Style 67 18s ∑ Michelin Pilot Sport 4S ∑ OE CSL trunk ∑ OE LED taillights ∑ Llumar Air 80 Tint
Jump to top lippstuh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jun-21-2018, 11:11:45 PM   #359
Dr M3an M3

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by lippstuh View Post
Does anyone know if these are the right pins for the DME connections? Specifically the wires for MAP and IAT sensors that go INTO the DME. I don't want to cut the MAF sensor wires.

Terminal Socket For Mlk 1 - 0.5-1.0MM/Sn - Part# 12527510674
This post should help you: http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showpost....9&postcount=59

Old Thu, Jun-21-2018, 11:15:21 PM   #360
lippstuh

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
THANKS! I've seen this post before but couldn't find it for the life of me. You saved me probably 30 minutes of searching.

For those that are asking for another group buy: Karbonius is not looking to start another one until all orders from this one is shipped and complete. Totally agree with this; otherwise people will wait around for half a year if we start it today.

Mods ∑ Evolve Eventuri ∑ JIC Cross/ZMS RS coilovers ∑ Square OE Style 67 18s ∑ Michelin Pilot Sport 4S ∑ OE CSL trunk ∑ OE LED taillights ∑ Llumar Air 80 Tint
Jump to top lippstuh is online now   Reply With Quote