BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E90 M3 (Sedan) | E92 M3 (Coupe) | E93 M3 (Convertible) (2008-2013)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E90 M3 (Sedan) | E92 M3 (Coupe) | E93 M3 (Convertible) (2008-2013) {Engine: S65 - Max Hp: 414 hp (420 hp Euro) at 8,300 rpm / 295 lb/ft at 3,900 rpm}

Old Mon, May-08-2017, 05:24:50 PM   #11
Azara1th
[What's in a title?]

United States

Default Re: E93 M3 DCT to MANUAL done. THANK YOU KINETECHNIK MOTORSPORT UAE

I actually prefer DCT, but this is good to know if eventually I end up having issues with the DCT. Curious about the cost of converting as well, can't be cheap considering the need to replace the entire transmission.
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sun, May-28-2017, 02:41:30 PM   #12
IbrahimM3

In the garage:

Egypt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanE46 View Post
How much did it cost all together?
Around 7000 USD without changing the differential but eventually I'll have to do it as the manual Diff ratio is 3.85 and the DCT is 3.15. Most expensive is the transmission and the Flywheel. You have to change a lot of parts .Transmission, flywheel, clutch kit, driveshaft, all manual gear linkage from transmission to interior of car, clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder with pipes, center console, manual transmission wiring, pedals and last but not least some wiring and coding had to be done . Sorry for the late reply but I just saw it.
Jump to top IbrahimM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, May-28-2017, 02:49:13 PM   #13
IbrahimM3

In the garage:

Egypt

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesco View Post
I'm curious too about your main reason for doing the conversion? Did you just not like DCT, or did you have issues with it?
I just love driving manual cars , I also had an E46 M3 which I converted from SMG to Manual (Much easier and a lot cheaper) , of course DCT can't be compared to SMG , DCT is much better but I love the control I have on the car with the manual transmission and for me no transmission can beat the feeling of the manual shifting.

I had a lot of issues with SMG , I never encountered problems with DCT , only thing in DCT is that when in track and the oil gets hot the shifting becomes slower, of course you can solve it with a bigger oil cooler for the transmission but I just love the feeling of shifting in manual and also drifting in manual is much more fun.Sorry for the late reply.
Old Sat, Jun-03-2017, 07:25:44 PM   #14
Yngwie

In the garage:

United States

Hello!

Im very curious how your take off feels now with the 3:15 diff still in place? Does it feel sluggish or can the engine take it anyway thus the lower gear ratio?

Reason I ask is that Im into swapping my 3:85 diff to an DCT 3:15 diff in my 6MT for lower rpms at highway journeys and I also think the 1st gear is waaay too short for my liking.

Regards
Jump to top Yngwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jun-03-2017, 09:17:57 PM   #15
IbrahimM3

In the garage:

Egypt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yngwie View Post
Hello!

Im very curious how your take off feels now with the 3:15 diff still in place? Does it feel sluggish or can the engine take it anyway thus the lower gear ratio?

Reason I ask is that Im into swapping my 3:85 diff to an DCT 3:15 diff in my 6MT for lower rpms at highway journeys and I also think the 1st gear is waaay too short for my liking.

Regards
Don't do it , don't put a 3.15 if your car is manual, the gears are too long. 1st gear is 80 km/hr , 2nd gear 140 km/hr , third gear around 205 km/hr. Don't put a 3.15 ratio except if you have a really powerful supercharger kit , the gears are too long, I can't wait to change to 3.85. If you really want lower rpm on highway , search for 3.63 but don't go to 3.15

E93 M3, DCT to Manual conversion, Macht schnell intake stage 2, Ess ECU N/A tune, ESS Underdrive Pulley kit
Old Sun, Jun-04-2017, 07:42:44 AM   #16
Yngwie

In the garage:

United States

Ok. Thanx for your advice! I will search for a 3:63 diff then.

I was looking for a gear ratio similar as the 1M has (same 3:15 diff and assuming same gearbox). This car has more grunt, I know but the rpms and "butt feel" when moving off is more of my preference.

Thanx again and good work with your DCT to 6MT conversion!
Jump to top Yngwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jun-04-2017, 08:38:38 PM   #17
ExclusiveAuto

United States

congratulations!! Wouldn't it have been cheaper to buy a manual m3 from the beginning?
Jump to top ExclusiveAuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jun-04-2017, 11:01:23 PM   #18
IbrahimM3

In the garage:

Egypt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExclusiveAuto View Post
congratulations!! Wouldn't it have been cheaper to buy a manual m3 from the beginning?
The problem is here in UAE , there are no E93 M3 manual , so the only solution was to import one from Europe and the price would have been a lot more. I like to use the car and I like to go to the track ofcourse everyone suggested to buy an E92 M3 manual which is available here and an E92 M3 is also lighter than the E93 M3 and would be better in the track but to be honest I love the E93 as it is a powerful car in the track and you can enjoy using it off track. I love convertibles and I love the track , it is a big contradiction but this is me ).

E93 M3, DCT to Manual conversion, Macht schnell intake stage 2, Ess ECU N/A tune, ESS Underdrive Pulley kit