BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Fri, Dec-01-2017, 09:46:18 PM   #1
PhoenixClave
Play Drums, Drive Ugly Colored Cars.

United States

Default The luck continues - hit a deer. Advice on front clip

Good evening guys, I haven't been very active over the last year or two. Was rear ended early 2016 and went through a hellacious insurance battle ending with me getting my car back after 7 months of repairs and some money out of my own pocket...In the 7 months it was parked I removed full coverage. Got the car back. Immediately put it away and just generally stopped driving it. Don't get me wrong - I love my M3, but I'm passed the phase in my life where it is a "hobby" I just don't enjoy tinkering with it like I used to.

I took the car out last night (first time driving it in months) and had a deer jump out in front of me around 30mph. Lights, bumper, hood, fenders. All stuff I'm going to have a lot of fun paying for since I never reactivated full coverage.

The real issue is the right front clip. It has been bent downwards, no less than an inch or two from the impact, right around where the radiator support is connected. Which is clearly visible looking at it relative to the drivers side. Does anyone have experience pulling a clip? If so what was the general cost? Lots of variables, I know - general vehicle geometry and alignment included... I have to be honest. Im tired of fixing the car, and it seems to be a magnet for unlucky shit. I don't think I have the heart to sell the vehicle knowing what I have invested in terms of time/money into it. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Hope everyone is well - miss you lads.

2002 Phoenix Yellow E46 M3 l 6MT l Nappa l Nav l STG Coilovers 7k/8k l BMW Performance SSK l OEM ZCP's l Kirk Roll Bar l Motorsport Hardware l Besian Systems l CSL/GTR Carbon Fiber Hood, Trunk & Diffuser l Status Gruppe Sec. 3 l Custom Rear Brace l Rear Seat Delete l Coby Wheel Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_T View Post
Rules of life:

-As long as your are trying, chasing, longing, pawing, everything runs away.

-When you start minding your own business, doing what fulfills you and you enjoy the most, things may start coming to you... as long as you don't have expectations of them, think you are entitled to them.

A butterfly lands on your hand
Close it, you crush it
Leave it open, it may stay or fly away
But you have been blessed for the moments
Be grateful
Jump to top PhoenixClave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, Dec-01-2017, 10:33:10 PM   #2
Kdubski

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: The luck continues - hit a deer. Advice on front clip

The most important thing is that you're ok and the minor degree of damage. That can easily be repaired. Worst case is they'll have to weld in a new fender apron, which is exactly what I went through with my car a year ago (see the picture).

I had my accident on the same corner. If you have any questions PM me.

Jump to top Kdubski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Dec-02-2017, 03:50:24 AM   #3
WOLFN8TR
/// MONEY \\\

In the garage:

United States

Oh man, glad to hear you are ok. You had one of the cleanest and tastefully modded M3's.

BAVSOUND Stage 1 - UltraGauge - Valentine One - Orion V4's - ARC-8's
TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k
Jump to top WOLFN8TR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Dec-02-2017, 03:53:10 AM   #4
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
Oh man, glad to hear you are ok. You had one of the cleanest and tastefully modded M3's.
Agreed. One of the nicest PY cars I have seen. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a few of the pictures that have been posted of this car, saved on my computer. OP, I hope you get her back on the road again. I am glad you were not harmed.

Mods: Genuine OE CSL Bumper, Karbonius CSL Airbox, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized Catless section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized section 2, Rogue Engineering Muffler (soon to be switched), WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, New Supersprint Oversized Twin-Piped Section 2 ...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of: Nothing at the moment.
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Dec-02-2017, 03:54:14 AM   #5
RedM3/4

United States

can't see OP's photos. Typical PB ransom message about updating your acct.

ADS
Jump to top RedM3/4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Dec-02-2017, 04:00:14 AM   #6
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedM3/4 View Post
can't see OP's photos. Typical PB ransom message about updating your acct.

ADS
There is a chrome extension that fixes this. ('Photobucket Embedded Image Fix' and 'Photobucket Embedded Fix')

Mods: Genuine OE CSL Bumper, Karbonius CSL Airbox, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized Catless section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized section 2, Rogue Engineering Muffler (soon to be switched), WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, New Supersprint Oversized Twin-Piped Section 2 ...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of: Nothing at the moment.
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Dec-02-2017, 04:07:03 AM   #7
tjkenny15

In the garage:

United States

Damn. Really sorry to hear bud
Old Sat, Dec-02-2017, 04:27:44 AM   #8
RedM3/4

United States

Thanks!
Had the one, which seemed to fix this at the time, just added the second "Image" one and now fixed again!

ADS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
There is a chrome extension that fixes this. ('Photobucket Embedded Image Fix' and 'Photobucket Embedded Fix')
Jump to top RedM3/4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Dec-02-2017, 03:13:40 PM   #9
Jcslocum

United States

Quote:

Thanks for this tip!!!

Jon
Jump to top Jcslocum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Dec-02-2017, 04:11:55 PM   #10
e46IX

Canada

Quote:
Is there one that works for android mobile? The ones you mentioned are desktop only it seems.
Jump to top e46IX is offline   Reply With Quote