BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Tue, Mar-07-2017, 08:27:28 AM   #81
HD-M3

Puerto Rico

Default Re: Comprehensive CSL Intake Thread

I've been reading for a while about the airboxes and since I'm not very experienced in this, I will go ahead and ask.

I have an 04 M3. I am interested in installing a karbonius csl airbox and oem snorkel without the flap. I have seen parts lists for the full (flap too) conversion. But I can't get a list of what I need for going flapless.

From what I have gathered, I need the airbox, snorkel, alpha n tune...is there more to it?

I appreciate any input.
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Mar-07-2017, 02:48:53 PM   #82
m3dragon
CSL M3 / Raptor / 12C

In the garage:

United States

Fuel rail and that is it.

NorCal drive organizer guy
Drive database and photo locations
NorCal CSL build thread - US to CSL Conversion
Jump to top m3dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Apr-10-2017, 10:32:23 PM   #83
KoseBamsen

United States

Hi guys.

Just finished csl conversion on my e46 m3 smg.
On my first atemt to startup after this swap, my gearbox is now stuck in "N" position and it wont get out of it.

Was a bit triggerhappy so didnt pay attention to if the smg pump did prime or not this first time before I started moving the smgleaver.
(I might have done a ****up here?)

When I got back in the garage later today, the pump did prime but leaver still stuck. In the odometer where smg displays 1,2,3,N,R etc its just blank.

So, this means my pump is working and the salmon relay is working I guess, low milage car and was working flawlessly like a new car before I went trough with the airboxswap.

Any suggestions?
Jump to top KoseBamsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Nov-05-2017, 02:01:05 AM   #84
cncmastr
M-Texture Alcantara

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoseBamsen View Post
Hi guys.

Just finished csl conversion on my e46 m3 smg.

On my first atemt to startup after this swap, my gearbox is now stuck in "N" position and it wont get out of it.

Was a bit triggerhappy so didnt pay attention to if the smg pump did prime or not this first time before I started moving the smgleaver.

(I might have done a ****up here?)

When I got back in the garage later today, the pump did prime but leaver still stuck. In the odometer where smg displays 1,2,3,N,R etc its just blank.

So, this means my pump is working and the salmon relay is working I guess, low milage car and was working flawlessly like a new car before I went trough with the airboxswap.

Any suggestions?

Is the hood closed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Collection of my DIY Guides here
Jump to top cncmastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Nov-21-2017, 06:28:55 PM   #85
nextelbuddy1

United States

I purchased a used GSR airbox from a forum member here. it came with a new air rail with a Map sensor.

its from http://tuningtechfs.com/

i was wondering which map sensor is in this kit?

im using the CSL DME with the CSL software and the ECUWorx binary modification tool to make changes and it has 2 options for MAP sensor. GM 1 bar and CSL Map sensor.

not sure which one to choose.
Jump to top nextelbuddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Nov-30-2017, 02:53:22 PM   #86
nextelbuddy1

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextelbuddy1 View Post
I purchased a used GSR airbox from a forum member here. it came with a new air rail with a Map sensor.

its from http://tuningtechfs.com/

i was wondering which map sensor is in this kit?

im using the CSL DME with the CSL software and the ECUWorx binary modification tool to make changes and it has 2 options for MAP sensor. GM 1 bar and CSL Map sensor.

not sure which one to choose.

just wanted to update, the TTFS kit comes with a GM 1 bar map sensor so i made sure to choose GM 1 bar in the ECUWorx application when modifying my BIN file.

car started right up first time and runs pretty perfect.

one thing i dont like that I want to change is the CSL Crank case hose.

even though i got the CSL crankcase hose and it is indeed longer than my M3 one, its stil too short.

i'm using the GSR intake box and even though i have the intake box pushed all the way into the throttle bodies, and all of the boots are seated perfectly (i have removed the box twice and reinstalled for good measure)

the CSL Crankcase pipe is still too short. i can install it but its such a tight fit, the Fitting on the Airbox is pulling up and out and its a lot of stress on it. I cant get the airbox any closer to the manifold to get any more slack.

im about to just cut the crankcase hose in half and extend it with a pipe adapter.
Old Tue, Dec-12-2017, 01:25:20 AM   #87
nextelbuddy1

United States

2017-12-11_08-23-38 by Shawn Robertson, on Flickr

I noticed that even with the CSL pcv vent tube that goes from the engine cover to the airbox, it's still too short on the Geoff steel racing airbox. When I pulled and stretched a little bit to get it to fit over the connector on the airbox I noticed the fitting on the airbox are too pulling up and putting an unnecessary amount of pressure on the carbon fiber weave and that bothered me.

I need a cutting the CSL vent tube in half right in the center and then getting a pipe fitting to connected to and add some length to it. CSL vent tube or still a little tight and wouldn't fit on the pipe fitting very well so I use the heat gun and I heat up the CSL vent tube plastic and use the pair of pliers to twist it expand it open a little bit more as I applied Heat and got a nice sealed pressure fit on the pipe fitting.

Now it's nice and perfect sized and it does not pull on the fitting on the air box and it doesn't scare me that the carbon fiber weave is going to crack or break the clear coat.