BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

View Poll Results: Which brake duct option would you be most interested in?
Splitters with Brake Duct 2 40.00%
1 Piece Lip with Brake Duct 4 80.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sat, Jun-17-2017, 05:58:11 AM   #1
///M3_LETTY
BawckBawck

In the garage:

United States

Default Feeler Thread: SG CSL Splitters & 1 Piece Lip Brake Ducts

I've been in contact with Mike from Status Gruppe (SG) and he's authorized me to gauge the interest of the community. I'm trying to gauge interest regarding the SG CSL splitters and 1 piece lip for the SG BMW E46 M3 "CSL Style" Front Bumper having brake duct inlets. This design idea is depicted in the photos attached, which are of a E9X lip with brake duct inlets. All and any input to possibly bring this product to life is greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brake Duct Lip 2.jpg (84.8 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg Brake Duct Lip.jpg (86.7 KB, 74 views)

Last edited by ///M3_LETTY; Sun, Jun-18-2017 at 02:47:58 AM.
Jump to top ///M3_LETTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sat, Jun-17-2017, 02:12:28 PM   #2
nasieg

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Feeler Thread: SG CSL Splitters & 1 Piece Lip Brake Ducts

So does this only fit on their bumper? Any pics of it all mounted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Journal

Besian VANOS, Euro Headers & Section1, TTFS tune, TMS under-dive pulleys, TC Kline S/A Coil Overs, Brembo 996 Calipers, ECS 2 Piece Rotors, Rally Road/P0lar Adapters, SS Brake Lines, Motul 600,Hawk HT-10 Pads, Braille Lightweight Battery, Hotchkis Sway Bars, SR2 CF Sunroof Panel,Apex ARC-8 & Sportline CS8's, Recaro Sportser CS Seats,SAP delete,Lightweight Cabin Filter Housing, SG CSL Diffuser, OEM CSL Trunk, Modified Stock Muffler
Jump to top nasieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jun-17-2017, 02:30:58 PM   #3
Paulo M

United States

I have SGT bumper and can't imagine how'd this would look (is this just like a one piece lip?).Please share installed pics if possible. Curious how'd it'd look.
Old Sat, Jun-17-2017, 02:37:00 PM   #4
PITT M3 RR
PA

In the garage:

United States

It looks real nice. Interested in mounted photos.
Jump to top PITT M3 RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jun-18-2017, 02:42:39 AM   #5
///M3_LETTY
BawckBawck

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasieg View Post
So does this only fit on their bumper? Any pics of it all mounted?

Yes this would only fit the SG CSL style front bumper. The design and product doesn't exist yet. At this point it is an idea and a discussion. I was gonna have a friend draw something up, but I didn't want to draw something that may not be what SG even comes out with. I only posted the photo which is of a E9X 1 Piece lip to give people a general idea of what it looks with brake duct inlets incorporated. There will be two large inlets on the SG lip/splitters similar to the E9X lip that will direct air for brake cooling kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo M View Post
I have SGT bumper and can't imagine how'd this would look (is this just like a one piece lip?).Please share installed pics if possible. Curious how'd it'd look.
I hope the message I quoted above answers many of your questions. You would have the choice of purchasing the lip or splitters that SG already sells with brake duct inlets instead of their current design. I am only gauging interests of the community at this time to see if SG will even produce this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITT M3 RR View Post
It looks real nice. Interested in mounted photos.
I will reach out to SG in a few weeks to see if they can design something or possibly create these. I love the look of the CSL bumper, but there aren't any brake duct cooling options out there for it. I was hoping to bring another option for weekend trackers, and racers alike that is also aesthetically pleasing.
Old Sun, Jun-18-2017, 01:53:05 PM   #6
nasieg

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3_LETTY View Post
Yes this would only fit the SG CSL style front bumper. The design and product doesn't exist yet. At this point it is an idea and a discussion. I was gonna have a friend draw something up, but I didn't want to draw something that may not be what SG even comes out with. I only posted the photo which is of a E9X 1 Piece lip to give people a general idea of what it looks with brake duct inlets incorporated. There will be two large inlets on the SG lip/splitters similar to the E9X lip that will direct air for brake cooling kits.

I will reach out to SG in a few weeks to see if they can design something or possibly create these. I love the look of the CSL bumper, but there aren't any brake duct cooling options out there for it. I was hoping to bring another option for weekend trackers, and racers alike that is also aesthetically pleasing.

Thanks for the explanation. I definitely like that style of lip and adding brake ducts would make the CSL bumper more attractive.

My Journal

Besian VANOS, Euro Headers & Section1, TTFS tune, TMS under-dive pulleys, TC Kline S/A Coil Overs, Brembo 996 Calipers, ECS 2 Piece Rotors, Rally Road/P0lar Adapters, SS Brake Lines, Motul 600,Hawk HT-10 Pads, Braille Lightweight Battery, Hotchkis Sway Bars, SR2 CF Sunroof Panel,Apex ARC-8 & Sportline CS8's, Recaro Sportser CS Seats,SAP delete,Lightweight Cabin Filter Housing, SG CSL Diffuser, OEM CSL Trunk, Modified Stock Muffler
Jump to top nasieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jun-18-2017, 07:13:02 PM   #7
w3fl3x
...yummy...

United States

I like the concept of this lip. Will keep an eye out for progress update.

Now if they would make their csl bumper fit the Kevlar bumper support then that would be even better!
Old Tue, Jun-20-2017, 05:04:20 AM   #8
///M3_LETTY
BawckBawck

In the garage:

United States

Bump! Looking for more polls, input, and questions.

Last edited by ///M3_LETTY; Tue, Jun-20-2017 at 05:08:49 AM.