BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Marketplace > Cars for Sale/Wanted
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Cars for Sale/Wanted Place to list your private cars for sale. ONLY BMW's.

Old Wed, Nov-29-2017, 11:30:09 AM   #31
63MM

In the garage:

Canada

Default Re: individual e46 m3

I have an 05 ZCP Dinan S3-R. 55k miles (90kms), SMG. Interlagos on M cloth. Factory interior was Dove Grey but I did a full interior swap. Not individual but rare enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James31 View Post
Looking for a 2002-2006 e46 m3 that is a individual series. i want something thats unique in colour exterior/interior wise. So anything you guys have or know of one, please pm me.

Open to all other options. Do not want any cars that have been repainted and no rust. SMG is ok but prefer manual. Under 80k miles. Willing to travel anywhere in Canada or USA.

Please pm me with what you have.
Jump to top 63MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Nov-29-2017, 01:06:50 PM   #32
ReturnToS54

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkenny15 View Post
The only reason why I say that he could get more than what he put into it is because its Estoril blue on Estoril Blue. That, combined with the relatively low miles, and pristine condition, that car might be the most valuable e46 m3s in North America today.

Honestly, from the offers I've received for my 05 Estroil Blue on Gray, I'm sure he could be pushing CSL value territory.
I would agree with your prediction of it being the highest value e46 if it had 50k less miles, was a ZCP, and had a 6 speed manual from the factory. It is a stunning car, but sub 10k mile '06 ZCPs with factory 6 speed manuals are far and above the highest value e46s in NA. Even in bland color combos. When you're dealing with collector car pricing on a mass-produced vehicle, the color combo, while important, takes a back seat to "numbers matching" and mileage.
Jump to top ReturnToS54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-29-2017, 01:26:07 PM   #33
tjkenny15

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnToS54 View Post
I would agree with your prediction of it being the highest value e46 if it had 50k less miles, was a ZCP, and had a 6 speed manual from the factory. It is a stunning car, but sub 10k mile '06 ZCPs with factory 6 speed manuals are far and above the highest value e46s in NA. Even in bland color combos. When you're dealing with collector car pricing on a mass-produced vehicle, the color combo, while important, takes a back seat to "numbers matching" and mileage.
I'll have to disagree with you on the importance of being a ZCP and less than 50k miles. Mileage is an important factor, without a doubt, but isn't a deal breaker for most buyers. SMG removal, utilizing the same transmission, tends to be just as valuable to most consumers (maybe not reflected as well in the collector market but these cars haven't really reached that status yet).

Yes, numbers matching is extremely important. Thank you for the educational lesson on collector cars; I am well familiar.
Old Wed, Nov-29-2017, 02:23:52 PM   #34
FK

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46lsb View Post
My car is easily reversible. The only things changed on mine are the wheel, headliner, exhaust, wheels, suspension, bumper, trunk and brakes. I have oem originals for most. The ones I lack are easily obtainable. The modifications I made are tasteful. Oem euro bumper. Oem csl trunk. Dixis exhaust. Alcantara headliner. Brembo color matched big brakes... I feel most would like them. If it sold in an auction, I probably would mostly revert it back though.
Don't sell it.

Your car is and has been literally forum owned for all of it's owners. Original owner was pretty active IIRC.
Jump to top FK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-29-2017, 02:25:04 PM   #35
e46lsb

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by FK View Post
Don't sell it.

Your car is and has been literally forum owned for all of it's owners. Original owner was pretty active IIRC.

Good point.
Old Wed, Nov-29-2017, 02:57:43 PM   #36
legacyej25

United States

Quote:
Honestly I go back and forth. Car is one of one of this combo. But itís 100% complete and flawless. Not a scratch. No flaws at this point. And part of my fun is making a car flawless. Mechanically this car was made flawless by kaiv. It was his car. Then I bought it and made it cosmetically flawless. At this point I rarely drive it. Basically every couple weeks for a few miles to keep it active.
I hear you on that. I love fixing all the issues when the car to the best of my ability. Then when I have them mostly settled I seem to rarely drive my car.
Old Wed, Nov-29-2017, 03:42:21 PM   #37
ReturnToS54

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkenny15 View Post
I'll have to disagree with you on the importance of being a ZCP and less than 50k miles. Mileage is an important factor, without a doubt, but isn't a deal breaker for most buyers. SMG removal, utilizing the same transmission, tends to be just as valuable to most consumers (maybe not reflected as well in the collector market but these cars haven't really reached that status yet).

Yes, numbers matching is extremely important. Thank you for the educational lesson on collector cars; I am well familiar.
To be fair, I mentioned 50k less miles, which in this case would be 8k miles. My ZCP comment is geared more towards the value when buying an "investment grade" ultra low mile example. A sub 5k mile '06 ZCP with factory 6 speed would command a premium over a 100% identical car without ZCP, and both would command a premium over an identical ZCP with a transmission swap. Since you're buying at the top of the market at that point and likely paying over $80k on a car that may never be driven again, you want all the right boxes checked from a value-add perspective, and a last model year ZCP with factory 6 speed would be one of them. In my example, both of the ultra low mile factory manual cars would sell for significantly higher than a transmission swapped (or factory 6 speed) '04 with over 50k miles, regardless of the color combo. Not trying to discredit the subject car in any way, I think it is incredible, just trying to be realistic about whether it would be classified as the highest value e46 in NA. I think it would be $40k+ off that number.
Jump to top ReturnToS54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-29-2017, 04:44:51 PM   #38
mrgizmo04

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
My car is easily reversible. The only things changed on mine are the wheel, headliner, exhaust, wheels, suspension, bumper, trunk and brakes. I have oem originals for most. The ones I lack are easily obtainable. The modifications I made are tasteful. Oem euro bumper. Oem csl trunk. Dixis exhaust. Alcantara headliner. Brembo color matched big brakes... I feel most would like them. If it sold in an auction, I probably would mostly revert it back though.
Exactly the clarification I was trying to make. If you revert back to oe, you can resell parts and recoup most of the value.

Putting an 8k bbk on the car does not directly add 8k to the car's value.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

All DIY: 330 ZHP steering rack, diffsonline 4.1 diff with rem polish, E60 short shifter lever, AKG black diff bushings/subframe bushings, Rogue rtab, WPC rod bearings, Beyer driveshaft, full SS (SS stepped V1, catted S1, resonated S2, SS sport), Sachs clutch/flywheel, rear main, VANOS bullet proofing with anti-rattle, valve adjustment, cooling refresh, Ohlins R&T/Swift 448f 672r/GC street tops and camber plates, AFD E85 Proflex kit.
Jump to top mrgizmo04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Nov-30-2017, 05:09:06 AM   #39
flipjohannon

United States

Ive got a mint 2005 Stratus Grey over M pattern Alcantara Coupe I would be open to selling if the price is right.

1/1 Individual Car
Competition Package
Slick-Top
52k Miles
SMG
Full maintenance

Jump to top flipjohannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Dec-03-2017, 04:25:46 PM   #40
tjkenny15

In the garage:

United States