BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Mon, Mar-24-2014, 08:02:55 PM   #21
Evan@Tischer
Your #1 BMW Part Source

United States

Default Re: F10 M5 knob & boot install in e46 M3

Nice write-up!!

For those looking for this knob/boot we have it on special here with free US ground shipping!

Email: getHelp@getBMWparts.com AIM: Evan at Tischer Follow: FaceBook | Twitter
Jump to top Evan@Tischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Mar-24-2014, 08:06:45 PM   #22
PhoenixClave
Play Drums, Drive Ugly Colored Cars.

United States

Nice!

Looks really sharp against the Brushed Ti
2002 Phoenix Yellow E46 M3 l 6MT l Nappa l Nav l STG Coilovers 7k/8k l BMW Performance SSK l OEM ZCP's l Kirk Roll Bar l Motorsport Hardware l Besian Systems l CSL/GTR Carbon Fiber Hood, Trunk & Diffuser l Status Gruppe Sec. 3 l Custom Rear Brace l Rear Seat Delete l Coby Wheel Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_T View Post
Rules of life:

-As long as your are trying, chasing, longing, pawing, everything runs away.

-When you start minding your own business, doing what fulfills you and you enjoy the most, things may start coming to you... as long as you don't have expectations of them, think you are entitled to them.

A butterfly lands on your hand
Close it, you crush it
Leave it open, it may stay or fly away
But you have been blessed for the moments
Be grateful
Jump to top PhoenixClave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Mar-24-2014, 08:57:47 PM   #23
deadlysyns

United States

dang, price used to be $125.
Old Tue, Mar-25-2014, 03:39:26 PM   #24
bmwJohhnyD
user formerly known as bmwbob

United Nations

i just ordered one.. going to put back on my leather ebrake and this knob for a while..

doing a complete interior refresh ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineEcstasy View Post
You could make any wheel work with enough fender work, the right tire, and enough camber. Whether you are willing to go through that though is up to you. just say no to wheels that dont fit.
Jump to top bmwJohhnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Mar-26-2014, 07:16:06 PM   #25
Evan@Tischer
Your #1 BMW Part Source

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlysyns View Post
dang, price used to be $125.
Unfortunately BMW has raised the pricing of these so we had to adjust our offering as well - I think it's still the best deal available, and includes Free US Ground Shipping.

Email: getHelp@getBMWparts.com AIM: Evan at Tischer Follow: FaceBook | Twitter
Jump to top Evan@Tischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Mar-29-2014, 03:41:28 PM   #26
bmwJohhnyD
user formerly known as bmwbob

United Nations

got mine a couple of days ago.. it is a gorgeous peice.

thanks evan for your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineEcstasy View Post
You could make any wheel work with enough fender work, the right tire, and enough camber. Whether you are willing to go through that though is up to you. just say no to wheels that dont fit.
Jump to top bmwJohhnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jul-28-2014, 08:56:33 PM   #27
BearDeXPS

In the garage:

United States

What are people using to secure the shift knob on the shifter stock (I've got the RE OCTANE ssk)? When shifting this weekend I pulled the knob came right off. I pressed it on firm and it happened again a few hours later. Got home and pressed it on firmly again and hammer the top with my open hand... ended up busted the rear bushing of the shifter linkage loose from it's body clip. Spent the next morning jacking the car up on stands, loosened the heat shield, and was able to get the bushing pressed in using a breaker bar as my length and jack as my muscle to get the bushing locked back in. I then added a small bit of silicone to the top of the shifter stock and pressed the knob on there once again and let it sit for 14hrs. This morning driving into work it felt like the knob was still some what loose. Neither the shift knob or shifter stock is messed up in anyway.

Has anyone else had this issue or do I need to stop eating my Wheaties for breakfast?

'05 BMW ///M3 JB/Blk My Journal
Dinan | Rogue Engineering | Status Gruppe Tuning | H&R | Koni | 3M | Umnitza | Turner Motorsport | TeKarbon | Coby | aFe | Bimmerworld | Schroth
Lang Racing Stg. 2 | SuperTech | ARP | Radium Engineering | Aeromotive | Dimple | Brembo | Racing Brake | Motul | Mishimoto | Redish | C&R
EVOsport | Michelin | Beisan | Macht Schnell | Lamin-X | AKG | BSW | Eurosport Design | Mason Engineering | Vibra-Tech | evolve-R
Jump to top BearDeXPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jul-28-2014, 09:12:22 PM   #28
Drewbachmanbmw

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearDeXPS View Post
What are people using to secure the shift knob on the shifter stock (I've got the RE OCTANE ssk)? When shifting this weekend I pulled the knob came right off. I pressed it on firm and it happened again a few hours later. Got home and pressed it on firmly again and hammer the top with my open hand... ended up busted the rear bushing of the shifter linkage loose from it's body clip. Spent the next morning jacking the car up on stands, loosened the heat shield, and was able to get the bushing pressed in using a breaker bar as my length and jack as my muscle to get the bushing locked back in. I then added a small bit of silicone to the top of the shifter stock and pressed the knob on there once again and let it sit for 14hrs. This morning driving into work it felt like the knob was still some what loose. Neither the shift knob or shifter stock is messed up in anyway.

Has anyone else had this issue or do I need to stop eating my Wheaties for breakfast?
I have this knob installed in my car and although it isnt on quite as tight as the OE knob for the car it does stay secure unless I purposefully pull it off. Great product and imo one of the best cheap mods for our car.
Jump to top Drewbachmanbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jul-29-2014, 03:54:27 AM   #29
Master Yoshi
Banned

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearDeXPS View Post

Your ZHP knob is broken. Mine sits tight and is a PITA to get off.
Jump to top Master Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jul-29-2014, 04:09:57 AM   #30
nogoodname
Unregistered User

Canada

Since this knob is illuminated, does it get warm or is it an LED inside? My car came with a ZHP knob.