BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Thu, Apr-15-2010, 05:21:29 AM   #11
Shaun_FreSh

In the garage:

India

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4RACER View Post
Any other major differences?
M-track mode in place of cruise/radio buttons on the wheel and drilled rotors.
Honestly, I would say if you can find a non-zcp that is to your liking (miles, colour combo, price), hop on it. Things like brakes, alcantara steering wheel, and the ZCP rollers can be added later down the line if you really want them.
And you're correct, suspension is the same 05-06 for ZCPs and non-ZCPs.

Last edited by Shaun_FreSh; Thu, Apr-15-2010 at 05:25:54 AM.
Jump to top Shaun_FreSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, Apr-15-2010, 06:40:21 AM   #12
M3glaubiger

Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4RACER View Post
wow - seems the asking prices of almost all the ZCP cars I have seen in CA tend to be over $30K. Are the sellers just hoping?

I am in the market, although still debating between M3, C6 and 996 which is another story... But for an M3 I was thinking getting the ZCP package was the way to go. Although I really don't think they are worth over $30K unless the miles are below 35K or so.

Also seems manual ZCP cars are extremely hard to come by. Is it worth waiting for one, and how much do you think is a reasonable premium to pay over a non ZCP car? I read somewhere that all M3's got the suspension tuning from the ZCP in 05-06, but I like the wheels and the steering wheel and the closer ratio steering rack seems like a good thing. Any other major differences?
like a few people here already said. if it is exactly what you are looking for and if it is taking a really long time to find "the one", i would pay a premium. but that is just me, i am pretty much obsessed with these cars.
i paid a few K extra last July, but i got a 06 ZCP with 6MT. those were the criteria i was searching for. didnt get my first color choice but "settled" for this one based on those main criteria. it had 20K miles on it and i paid 37,9 for it at a sucky dealer.
again it is worth as much as you are willing to pay for it. a few weeks ago a member sold his pristine, incredibly low miles, indidvidual color 06 ZCP 6MT for $45. so the prices are all over the place.
another thing is that 6MT is much more desired on the ZCP for some reason. on kbb, even though i dont trust them wholheartedly, there is a $4K price delta between a SMG and 6MT 06 ZCP.
don't know if that helped at all, but that's what i am seeing in the market right now.
Old Thu, Apr-15-2010, 01:31:35 PM   #13
oskee64

In the garage:

United States

I paid 38K for my M. Factors for this price?: '06 ZCP,SMG, 16,8xx miles, Loaded. Being is the last production for this E46 series kind of add a collector's feel about it. Plus BMW already fixed all the bugs from previous years of bulletins.

2006 Jet Black ///M3 Nappa Black Interior / ZCP / SMG II / Premium / NAV / CWP / HK Sound / Zenons/AE/ V1 Hardwired w/ Concealed unit/OEM Alarm/

2001 INFINITI QX4: DD
2014 BMW X5 M SPORT: Wifey's DD
Jump to top oskee64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Apr-15-2010, 01:34:35 PM   #14
skillz
6MT User

Israel

I would say decide on a color combo you are looking for and what options and not make the ZCP your deciding factor...as a previous poster stated you can add most things after purchase.
Jump to top skillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Apr-17-2010, 06:31:55 PM   #15
eljay

I was looking at a possibility of adding ZCP bits after the purchase to a non-ZCP car, but financially I didn't see how it would work out. You are correct that you can first find a color/option combo you really like and then add ZCP stuff, but the cost will climb to and likely beyond that of buying an original ZCP. Then, of course, you'll have to compromise on finding that right ZCP combo.

Thanks for all the posts so far. Keep the responses coming. All good info helps.

I hope I can find the one!
Jump to top eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Apr-23-2010, 05:09:27 AM   #16
///Mojo

In the garage:

United States

This is my first post ever as a M3 owner! I waited years to find exactly what I wanted and it wasn't easy. I recently bought my ZCP- Interlagos blue, cinnamon leather, 29k miles, and a few bells and whistles I could have done without for $36k. I spent a long time trying to look for a 6MT but I could deal with SMG. Thinking about the whole ZCP w/ SMG deal, since the ZCP was meant to be a tuned down version of the CSL which was exclusively built with SMG, most ZCPs came with SMG so finding the 6MT was much harder. I followed the advice of finding a color combo I LOVED and settled. But really......its an M3.....settle....pshhh......I still cant believe I have it sometimes!
Jump to top ///Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Apr-23-2010, 08:33:16 AM   #17
scoobytwo12
scooby

Canada

I looked for over a year before I found mine. I was after a 05 or 06 competition package with low KM's. I ended up finding a 05 out of Ontario with 40K, competition package, interlagos blue and 6MT. I paid 38K for it.
Jump to top scoobytwo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Apr-23-2010, 09:00:56 AM   #18
M Kube

Philippines

i picked my 05 IB/black about 2 months ago with 56k for only 28k. Honestly I was on my way to look at a 04 IR base, then randomly stopped at some dealership and found this! I wasn't even looking for a zcp

-Tyler

05 VF570 Interlagos Blue M3 ZCP l 95 Imperial Red S124 l 00 Jet Black 740iL l
01 Sand Beige Windstar l 86 Corolla GTS
Jump to top M Kube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Apr-23-2010, 05:02:29 PM   #19
JCaliber

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterlagosM3JC View Post
I bought mine Aug of 09 (05 ZCP 39K with a couple months left on the warranty) It had every option except rear parking sensors and rear sun shade. Paid $29,800. Could have found one (SMG or non ZCP) a grand or so cheaper, but it was exactly what i wanted. At the time they were pulling 29k to 34K so i feel that i got a pretty good deal

Dont cheap out, if you can. Wait for exactly what you want, it will pay off in the end. Took me 6 months.

Yeah I just got on the band wagon for that .. I'm like 1 week in.. found what I want but I'm looking to spend 4k less then what the guy offered..

If you know of someone selling a car with these specs PLEASE Mesage me!!
Jump to top JCaliber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Apr-24-2010, 06:19:06 AM   #20
Cazz
High plains drifter

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mojo View Post
This is my first post ever as a M3 owner! I waited years to find exactly what I wanted and it wasn't easy. I recently bought my ZCP- Interlagos blue, cinnamon leather ...
Fabulous color combination.

Jump to top Cazz is offline   Reply With Quote