BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

View Poll Results: Which exhaust would you prefer...
Agency Power 3 8.82%
Status Gruppe Tuning 26 76.47%
Other - Post Below 5 14.71%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old Tue, Mar-29-2016, 05:21:03 PM   #21
BrandonDunivent

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Exhaust input/poll - AP v SGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchleung View Post
AP and SGT have more than one versions of exhaust. Which one of each are you in a dilemma over?
I didn't know AP had other version, thanks for clarifying. I updated my initial post on both options.

It would be the Agency Power AP-E46M3-170 found here … and the Status Gruppe SCZA muffler found here

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3vancity View Post
Ap v1 aka supersprint race replica was discontinued a while ago. New options are gruppe m replicas like all the other ebay ones in steel or titanium. Status gruppe also makes a similiar design. I vote scorza all day.
Great! Thanks for your input…

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonVert View Post
While it's obviously not the quality of the agency power, my car came with one of the ebay AP/SS race replicas. It's really too much for street use. I also feel like the design of those twin can mufflers dont allow the exhaust gasses from each pipe to fully blend leading to that characteristic unrefined sound.

Looking to replace mine with a scorza at some point. Seems impossible to find any bad reviews on it.
Since it was a eBay rep. would that have anything to do with the quality? I would think so but haven’t gotten any comparisons between the reps. and the real thing from AP. Interesting point with the design though, and something to consider. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01M3Fan View Post
I've got the SG SCZA muffler and love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Awesome, glad to hear that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh_Look_a_M3! View Post
Rogue Engineering El Diablo. Sounds good and is super light given their design, I have it and love it !
Cool! Glad you enjoy it. Thanks for your reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxima SE View Post
Rogue El Diablo, SS Race, SGT Scorza. in that order for me. wouldn't consider anything else
What would be the reasons on why the RE Exhaust is superior to the the other two? Just curious…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stvee View Post
Yeah, Rouge El Diablo or SGT Scorza. I think I'm going with Scorza just because its a little quieter from what I have read and what it sounds like on videos.

These are both with AP Headers only, but they're essentially the same as SGT headers. Being catted will change the sound a good bit though.

E46 M3 Rogue El Diablo with AP Headers - YouTube

E46 M3 BEST EXHAUST SOUND (AP Headers/SGT Scorza) - YouTube
I have CPI stepped headers and 400 cell cats in my section 1, so it will change with the cats. Thanks for the videos, both sound great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eegstwozero View Post
My SCZA was very loud without cats and and factory US section 1. After adding in euro section 1 it is now the perfect volume for the street.

Going to swap back to catless for some more fun on the track this year though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the comment, Have lots of fun on the track!

Quote:
I'm running SCZA, euro headers and had US sections 1 & 2 (catless). With 4.10 gears was just too much - glorious on the track, annoying rasp at 80 on the highway. I welded in one AR20 in parallel with factory resonator and I think that's the solution. Today was first drive, shakedown run after new suspension install - so took it easy but even below 5K, noticeably better - no rasp.

With my setup having 400 cell cats I am expecting a slight difference, so it shouldn't be bad with loudness/rasp. Stock sound seems just so thin/weak at the moment, which is why I would love to upgrade. Thanks for your post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlust View Post
I love my SGT Scorza exhaust. The tone is awesome, I have no need to look further! This exhaust is definitely worth the wait, it sounds way better in person than any of the videos.
Good to hear! I’m glad you enjoy it. This definitely helps with making my decision easier. Thanks!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________________
|CPI Stepped Headers - Euro 400x Sec. 1 | Beisan Vanos upgrade| Dinan DME tune | ST coils | pc CSL rims w PA/S | Alu. BMWPedals | Alu. SMG paddles | Orion v2 AE | Depo led turn signals/side markers | Turner RSF plates |
Jump to top BrandonDunivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Mar-29-2016, 05:28:56 PM   #22
BMWjunkie11
That guy

In the garage:

United States

I vote for SGT

2002 Jet Black/Grey ///M3

Full Supersprint Race Exhaust l PSDesigns Velocity Stack Kit l TMS Pulleys l TTFS Custom Alpha-N Tune l Work Brombachers

"Bags are for dead hookers"

Jump to top BMWjunkie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Mar-30-2016, 04:26:08 PM   #23
warpig12354

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
I'm running SCZA, euro headers and had US sections 1 & 2 (catless). With 4.10 gears was just too much - glorious on the track, annoying rasp at 80 on the highway. I welded in one AR20 in parallel with factory resonator and I think that's the solution. Today was first drive, shakedown run after new suspension install - so took it easy but even below 5K, noticeably better - no rasp.

Welded it onto section 1 right? I got the Rogue Diablo, CPI stepped headers and OE section 1 and 2,(U.S.) I'd like a little deeper tone out of it.
Old Wed, Mar-30-2016, 09:49:30 PM   #24
01M3Fan

In the garage:

United States

Yes - welded into section 1 right next to factory resonator. Huge difference - no more Honda Civic noises, deeper tone and cut rasp way down. I was almost embarrassed driving at 80 before - this is sound I wanted.

My build journal and mod list:
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=542798
Jump to top 01M3Fan is offline   Reply With Quote