BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Sat, Jun-08-2019, 03:24:13 PM   #71
Drewster

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Current state and the future of Status Gruppe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvpE46M3 View Post
I just received and installed my carbon fiber CSL style trunk from Status Gruppe.
I couldn't be happier with this trunk. The fitment and uniformed small gaps are as good as the factory trunk. All body and rear light lines match perfect. Also very important is that Mike Migs replied to every e-mail I sent SG during this purchase, I really appreciate that.
I knew I wanted the SG CSL trunk because it is built from the factory specs (no trunk release handle) which is what I wanted. I have read many reviews and watched many You-Tube DIY's on CSL trunk installs that required a lot of additional trimming and modifications to get the trunk to fit. Done of this was required with the Status Gruppe trunk. I would highly recommend Status Gruppe to anyone in the market for a great CSL trunk.
Even their PR plots aren't that convincing
Jump to top Drewster is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sat, Jun-08-2019, 04:26:21 PM   #72
///M Dream
Real Madrid C.F.

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewster View Post
Even their PR plots aren't that convincing
My thoughts exactly SG is shit through and through. /endthread

Current: 2006 Interlagos Blue ZCP ///M3
Past: F80 M3. E46 330i ZHP. B8 S4. E92 M3. E46 M3.
Jump to top ///M Dream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jun-08-2019, 05:22:21 PM   #73
Paulo M

United States

Quote:
I just received and installed my carbon fiber CSL style trunk from Status Gruppe.
I couldn't be happier with this trunk. The fitment and uniformed small gaps are as good as the factory trunk. All body and rear light lines match perfect. Also very important is that Mike Migs replied to every e-mail I sent SG during this purchase, I really appreciate that.
I knew I wanted the SG CSL trunk because it is built from the factory specs (no trunk release handle) which is what I wanted. I have read many reviews and watched many You-Tube DIY's on CSL trunk installs that required a lot of additional trimming and modifications to get the trunk to fit. Done of this was required with the Status Gruppe trunk. I would highly recommend Status Gruppe to anyone in the market for a great CSL trunk.
Mike? Is that you?
Old Sat, Jun-08-2019, 06:36:38 PM   #74
stash1

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
I just received and installed my carbon fiber CSL style trunk from Status Gruppe...after waiting 9 mos.
FTFY!
Old Sat, Jun-08-2019, 10:14:37 PM   #75
djjvr
OEM+

In the garage:

Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by stash1 View Post
I'm guessing that 99.9% of their stuff is manufactured 'overseas' in the very same factory as 100 other vendors. They probably order in bulk lots to get shipping/price breaks, so they have to wait until they've met the required minimum order quantity before placing the order to the manufacturer. Sooo, for example...if you're the first guy to order the first item of that lot (of say maybe 10,15,20?), then you could potentially (def) be waiting for months before they have enough orders to actually place the bulk order to the factory. Couple this w/long freight transit times and you have a CF! This is, I believe, where the problem lies.
Yep. A lot of companies do this too, not just SGT. It's kind of crazy when you uncover the same part from a high-end brand is exactly the same as a "low-tier" one. The label puts a lot of value though.

Basically you'll have a manufacturer in Asia who will be producing a specific part/parts and then sell them to companies who want to offer the parts with their labels on them, and since that Asian manufacturer can produce those pieces at a far lower cost than the companies could on their own or locally, they're the go to choice for companies wanting to maximize their profits. The problems come up though when QC falls short, production falls/material shortages, or you don't have enough purchases lined up to make the next order as mentioned above.

Build Journal Instagram
Jump to top djjvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jun-08-2019, 10:20:29 PM   #76
SeanE46

In the garage:

Armenia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo M View Post
Mike? Is that you?
Jump to top SeanE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jun-09-2019, 01:19:27 AM   #77
polar3

In the garage:

Canada

Wish I could get my hands on a scorza but can't risk getting stuck. Pretty unfortunate
Jump to top polar3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jun-09-2019, 03:33:35 PM   #78
hopalong

I was eyeing their section 1 with 200 cell cats but good thing I bumped into this thread. What are my other options around the same price range?
Jump to top hopalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jun-09-2019, 06:31:58 PM   #79
djjvr
OEM+

In the garage:

Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopalong View Post
I was eyeing their section 1 with 200 cell cats but good thing I bumped into this thread. What are my other options around the same price range?
Not sure if you still have your OEM US section one, but depending on where you are, you could have an exhaust shop weld in a pair of 200 cell cats. Flowmaster has some low cost spun cats that come from the same supplier as a lot of other performance exhaust companies but at a lower price point. They hold up well too from my personal experience.

Build Journal Instagram
Jump to top djjvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jun-09-2019, 07:32:14 PM   #80
erickrayos

In the garage:

United States

My experience purchasing from them was like 3yrs ago but they didn't have to ship it, I picked up locally.

the front lip I got isn't 100% perfect fitment but it was pretty good.