BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Sat, Sep-09-2017, 07:26:43 AM   #41
csynic

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Aesthetical Car Care: Keeping them Looking Good and Healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha5en View Post
There is, now. Just had Griots Garage wash and detail the M this past weekend.

https://www.griotsgarage.com/product...MaAj0KEALw_wcB

Griot's Garage - Rinseless Wash & Wax - YouTube

I was about it make a thread about it, just haven't gotten around to it

Hey Chasen which event was this? that the griot's down in tacoma? didnt know they offered detailing services
Jump to top csynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sat, Sep-09-2017, 08:43:51 AM   #42
Cha5en

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by csynic View Post
Hey Chasen which event was this? that the griot's down in tacoma? didnt know they offered detailing services

Just their Caffeine and Gasoline (the donuts are amazing and worth it alone) and my buddy knows the GM, so he hooked it up.

Jump to top Cha5en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Sep-09-2017, 02:19:15 PM   #43
Drewster

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by idntknow2005 View Post
taking the dash out is simple, the only hard part is removing the A pillars. before i did mine i was so afraid of the job, i was afraid because i pulled a few dashes out of the e30s and they were a nighmare.

dont cut the carpet, just remove the dash, its well worth the added time. TRUST ME
It sounds like you haven't done this before. In order to remove the carpet, you have to remove the A-Pillars and the dash, yes, but once you get the dash panel (the part you can actually see) off, there are two metal braces that support the dash assembly itself, along with the entire HVAC system. They go right through the carpet.

So, you can either remove all of that, or just use a box cutter to make slits where those braces are and pull out the carpet, your choice... but it's much harder than removing A-pillars.
Jump to top Drewster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Sep-09-2017, 02:21:04 PM   #44
Drewster

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearDeXPS View Post
My first advise - don't listen to or purchase anything from Chemical Guys
I didn't see the answer to this - what's the issue with chemical guys?
Old Sat, Sep-09-2017, 03:10:05 PM   #45
FK

United States

I just had a 30 hour paint correction done. $140 is cheap.

Get in the habit of good washing techniques. A few quality things will last a very long time.
Jump to top FK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Sep-09-2017, 08:40:22 PM   #46
kippers4brkfast

In the garage:

United States

Good deals can be had on paint correction but be leery of anyone charging $500+/- (depending on the area). When I was starting out I charged around $300 but there are plenty of guys that will run a rotary over your car in an hour for $140.
Old Sat, Sep-09-2017, 09:27:53 PM   #47
Dr M3an M3
Why does everyone think my name is Dan? lol

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewster View Post
It sounds like you haven't done this before. In order to remove the carpet, you have to remove the A-Pillars and the dash, yes, but once you get the dash panel (the part you can actually see) off, there are two metal braces that support the dash assembly itself, along with the entire HVAC system. They go right through the carpet.

So, you can either remove all of that, or just use a box cutter to make slits where those braces are and pull out the carpet, your choice... but it's much harder than removing A-pillars.
For what it is worth, I don't think there is a single item in the interior that Idntknow2005 hasn't replaced in his car. Here is him pulling a black dash and replacing the remaining Dove Gray in his interior (dash) with a black one.

Before:

During:

Mods: Maintenance, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS 'lockdown', Supersprint V1 Stepped headers w/ Oversized Section 1, SS Resonated X-Pipe section 2, RE El Diablo Muffler, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Streamline CSL Bumper, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, KW V3 Coilovers, Angel-eyes, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, CSL Dynamic Redline Warmup Light parameters.
Upcoming Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, CSL Bumper, OE CSL Wheels, Supersprint Headers MEGA thread, CSL Airbox...others in the works.
Please PM me - In search of:
-- Street DD friendly Camber Plates compatible with KW V3 Coilovers
-- Wanting to Trade basically brand new Eagle Eye Smoked Reverse Trunk Lights for a pair that are Non-smoked
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Sep-09-2017, 10:19:31 PM   #48
Drewster

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
For what it is worth, I don't think there is a single item in the interior that Idntknow2005 hasn't replaced in his car. Here is him pulling a black dash and replacing the remaining Dove Gray in his interior (dash) with a black one.

Before:

During:

Looking at all of that, and the metal braces that hold the dash in, wouldn't you agree that the hardest part is more than A-Pillars?

Based on that statement, he doesn't *sound* like someone who has done it before, especially looking at those pictures and remembering how A-pillars were *not* the hard part lol

Last edited by Drewster; Sat, Sep-09-2017 at 10:23:15 PM.
Old Sat, Sep-09-2017, 10:33:59 PM   #49
Dr M3an M3
Why does everyone think my name is Dan? lol

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewster View Post
Looking at all of that, and the metal braces that hold the dash in, wouldn't you agree that the hardest part is more than A-Pillars?

Based on that statement, he doesn't *sound* like someone who has done it before, especially looking at those pictures and remembering how A-pillars were *not* the hard part lol
I was just trying to show that he has done it before and not just blowing smoke on the internet. Honestly, to my untrained eyes, it looks very overwhelming. However, I have never done anything like a full interior swap so I can't comment on it. I know nothing about it. I know he pulled the dash with a few tools in a couple of hours time (I think it only took a couple hours, at least) and some how managed to reinstall it perfectly in his car. I'm just amazed that someone can go from that rats nest of exposed wiring to a fully installed neat and tidy interior. I wouldn't even know where to begin without a thorough DIY. Take my opinion with less than a grain of salt though, as this is over my head. To my untrained eyes, the reinstall looks more difficult than the unistall. Putting it back together, now that's the rub. No clue on the A-pillars. I'll let him chime in if he wants though, since I have no experience with this.

Sorry if I veered off topic.

Mods: Maintenance, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS 'lockdown', Supersprint V1 Stepped headers w/ Oversized Section 1, SS Resonated X-Pipe section 2, RE El Diablo Muffler, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Streamline CSL Bumper, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, KW V3 Coilovers, Angel-eyes, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, CSL Dynamic Redline Warmup Light parameters.
Upcoming Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, CSL Bumper, OE CSL Wheels, Supersprint Headers MEGA thread, CSL Airbox...others in the works.
Please PM me - In search of:
-- Street DD friendly Camber Plates compatible with KW V3 Coilovers
-- Wanting to Trade basically brand new Eagle Eye Smoked Reverse Trunk Lights for a pair that are Non-smoked
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Sep-09-2017, 10:39:04 PM   #50
idntknow2005

United States

when i did my carpet swap i did not pull the dash, and yes i know the metal frames have to be replaced in order to not cut the carpet. i was saying to pull the dash for 2 reasons, 1; it will be a cleaner cut and hide the lines better and 2; you can cut the carpet much higher on the trans tunnel.

on my car, the new carpet has a bulge near the dash. the bulge is because there is noting up top holding the carpet down. i wish i would have pulled the dash before i swapped the carpet.

to me the hardest part of removing the dash was in fact the A pillars.