BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Wed, Aug-16-2017, 01:26:06 AM   #591
lippstuh

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Eibach Pro-Street-S Coilover for E46 M3 tested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treflip View Post
I have not tested higher than 500/600 with these Pro-Street-S coilovers. I use 650/750 in my car but I'm also using a double adjustable reservoired version of these coilovers I'm trying to finalize with R&D.

Any timeline with them? Your impressions? Feel free to send me a PM if you prefer

Mods Evolve Eventuri OE CSL trunk Eibach Pro Kit Springs OE LED taillights Gloss black grills Michelin PSS

To be installed JIC Cross coilovers 996 Brembo BBK F+R RTD Mini SSK Rogue Engineering transmission mounts Reddish plates VinceBar Valentine 1
Jump to top lippstuh is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Aug-16-2017, 02:42:19 PM   #592
Treflip

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzthis View Post
is there a release date on these reservoird coilovers?sounds interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HassanEido View Post
Im interested too
Quote:
Originally Posted by lippstuh View Post
Any timeline with them? Your impressions? Feel free to send me a PM if you prefer
I'm going to put some pressure on the engineers for the final details we need to release this kit from R&D. I tried loading the one hero shot we had of the kit with no luck. I do have some decent info here in my build thread from my testing with the kit last year.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showt...post1067393321

Eibach | Yokohama | Ground Control | VAC | Evasive | Stillen-AP Racing | AFE | Koyo | TTFS | MOMO
2014 Bimmer Challenge B3 Class Champion
2015 Global Time Attack Pro-Am Limited Class Champion

Instagram: @tonyjackson
| 2002 M3 Street/Track Journal | 2016 Bimmer Challenge Thread
Jump to top Treflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Aug-16-2017, 02:44:51 PM   #593
Treflip

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVAM3 View Post
I did actually notice the barrel difference when i changed over the springs, unfortunately i was not aware of this before i bought the new 550s, should have done more research. Do you know how much tangible difference this will make (between the barrel and non-barrel)? The car feels great even with the 2.5" diameter, so it's more a question of curiosity.

Handles like a dream at the moment!

Now to get rid of these heavy 19" CSL reps....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricol33t View Post
Ah crap I ordered the non-barrel ones. About how much travel difference will there be between the two? I would have definitely bought the barrel ones had I known. Also will there be any issues with spring buckling when using a non barrel type spring in the rear of the car?
There is about 5mm extra travel with the barrel spring over the straight spring. Unless your car is really low you're likely fine. I use a straight 5" spring with the GC weight jacks in the rear of my car and the suspension still sees plenty of travel.

Eibach | Yokohama | Ground Control | VAC | Evasive | Stillen-AP Racing | AFE | Koyo | TTFS | MOMO

Old Thu, Aug-17-2017, 01:49:53 AM   #594
MVAM3

Australia

Quote:
There is about 5mm extra travel with the barrel spring over the straight spring. Unless your car is really low you're likely fine. I use a straight 5" spring with the GC weight jacks in the rear of my car and the suspension still sees plenty of travel.
Oh, i doubt that will be an issue for me. To reiterate, 3 days in and the suspension still feels great and haven't gotten close to any harsh bottoming out in the rear, so all is well.

Thanks Treflip!
Jump to top MVAM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Aug-21-2017, 05:14:38 PM   #595
Rami2001

United States

Hello there,

I got these coilovers installed and first of all I would like to give big thanks and credits to Tony in helping me to decide choosing these sexy coilovers.

I've been knowing Tony for about 6-7 years, and he's one honest, big hearted, and lovable person. He also has a huge knowledge about these cars specially the e36s and the e46s M3s. I absolutely trust this guy with a heartbeat. And I am really sorry for taking this long to share a brief review about the coilovers. I've been very busy lately and working 7 days a week for the last two years and my time is little limited.

As far as the coilovers now, I got them installed last year in August professionally by Nickolas Motor Sport, an independent BMW and Porsche service shop. I kept my OEM control arms and front camber plates but installed Ground Control Street Version rear shock mounts as Tony had recommended. The height is set to 13.5" front and 13" rear.

The quality of the coilovers is super premium and the handling is just as great as the quality. The car handles so good and rides amazing. the comfort is absolutely better than driving with 18" on stock suspension at it's best condition. these coilovers soak the road imperfection in such an unbelievable way. I had DINAN stage II suspension installed on my older M3 and even though they were so tight and car was nimble, the ride quality was very bad and very rough and bumpy specially driving on "metro Detroit" bad roads. On the other hand now with these coilovers, the ride is super sweet and comfortable. and guess what! the wife is happy with the ride comfort as well, which is a big plus bonus. Handling and cornering for a street use is just perfect and thats all i needed since i don't track the car. There isn't any single noise, click, rattle, etc.. that I could ever hear, and I'm super picky when it comes to that, trust me. Everything is beautifully tight and quiet.

Overall, I'm super happy with these coilovers and very appreciated to Eibach for creating such a nice product. Highly recommended! I am very grateful to Tony as well for helping me out choosing these coilovers.

Before & after
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image3.jpeg (676.6 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpeg image2.jpeg (699.8 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpeg image1.jpeg (593.6 KB, 66 views)
Jump to top Rami2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Aug-22-2017, 01:44:53 PM   #596
BlackOnBlack
2005 M3 ZCP 6MT*

United States

Quote:
I'm going to put some pressure on the engineers for the final details we need to release this kit from R&D. I tried loading the one hero shot we had of the kit with no luck. I do have some decent info here in my build thread from my testing with the kit last year.

Pretty interested to see what Eibach is cooking up...

------------------------------------------------------
My 2005 M3 ZCP Journal
Current:

///M3 ZCP 6MT
2011 Ducati Monster

Previous:
///M3 SMG
2007 650i
2004 CBR 600RR
-> Love the E46 M3? Check Out my E46 M3 Video! <-
-----------------------------------------------------
Jump to top BlackOnBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Sep-13-2017, 08:27:24 AM   #597
igyloo

Quote:

Jump to top igyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Sep-14-2017, 12:20:15 PM   #598
Maxima SE
445 FTW

United States

Does anyone else have trouble getting the lower end link nuts to
Stay tight? I thighten them to the point of stripping the threads but they easily come
Loose with turning the wheel and always make noise when going over bumps.

Also Any advice on how to adjust the end links
properly while car is on jack stands ?
Old Thu, Sep-14-2017, 12:30:30 PM   #599
Maxima SE
445 FTW

United States

Stay tight? I thighten them to the point of stripping the threads but they easily come

Old Fri, Sep-15-2017, 03:10:46 PM   #600
Treflip

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxima SE View Post
This is the first I've heard of the endlink nuts coming loose. Have you tried using loctite? There's nylock on the nut so it should not come loose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxima SE View Post
You'll want to have the suspension preloaded (on the ground or loaded up on an alignment rack) with the endlink jam nuts loosened. Adjust the length of the endlink until you don't feel resistance by shortening or lengthening. Once you find this sweet spot you can tighten the jam nuts and you're done.