BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Wed, Jul-01-2015, 04:48:28 PM   #41
Treflip

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Eibach Pro-Street-S Coilover for E46 M3 tested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
Do you work for Eibach?
Yep.

Eibach | Yokohama | Ground Control | VAC | Evasive | Stillen-AP Racing | AFE | Koyo | TTFS | MOMO
2014 Bimmer Challenge B3 Class Champion
2015 Global Time Attack Pro-Am Limited Class Champion

Instagram: @tonyjackson
| 2002 M3 Street/Track Journal | YouTube - Track Videos
Jump to top Treflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Jul-01-2015, 04:54:56 PM   #42
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treflip View Post
Yep.
Seems like that is something you should add to the first post.

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, Wife's 6mt NA RWD e91, 04 M3 wagon
Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car
Jump to top Obioban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jul-01-2015, 05:03:19 PM   #43
Treflip

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Seems like that is something you should add to the first post.
I don't hide the fact that I work for Eibach. It's in my location and all over everything I do on this forum. I also wrote the review in my unbiased opinion. If the coilovers weren't what I expected I wouldn't have a made a review at all. However, after driving them on track in my friend's car I felt compelled to write about them.

I can tell you been around for a long time and we know a lot of the same people. I don't feel there's a need to troll the fact that I work for Eibach and made a review about an Eibach coilover I'm excited to see get released.

Eibach | Yokohama | Ground Control | VAC | Evasive | Stillen-AP Racing | AFE | Koyo | TTFS | MOMO

Old Wed, Jul-01-2015, 05:13:49 PM   #44
SocratesRising
Chess is King

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treflip View Post
I don't hide the fact that I work for Eibach. It's in my location and all over everything I do on this forum. I also wrote the review in my unbiased opinion. If the coilovers weren't what I expected I wouldn't have a made a review at all. However, after driving them on track in my friend's car I felt compelled to write about them.

I can tell you been around for a long time and we know a lot of the same people. I don't feel there's a need to troll the fact that I work for Eibach and made a review about an Eibach coilover I'm excited to see get released.
I think this is relevant info. When I first read the review, I believed you were innocently offering up an unbiased opinion as a favor to forum members. Knowing you work for them now & reading this thread again it feels more like a commercial. The product very well may be just as great as you describe but it doesn't carry the same weight anymore - at least with me. That said, thanks for the review and contributing - but I have to agree with Obioban - you should have mentioned it in the first posting.

Slicktop * Cloth Seats * AS SSK * Besian

“All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed
in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.”

― Winston S. Churchill
Jump to top SocratesRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jul-01-2015, 05:29:47 PM   #45
Treflip

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocratesRising View Post
I think this is relevant info. When I first read the review, I believed you were innocently offering up an unbiased opinion as a favor to forum members. Knowing you work for them now & reading this thread again it feels more like a commercial. The product very well may be just as great as you describe but it doesn't carry the same weight anymore - at least with me. That said, thanks for the review and contributing - but I have to agree with Obioban - you should have mentioned it in the first posting.
I'm sorry to hear that. To play devil's advocate a little here...would you feel better buying from a company that did little to no track testing? I would completely understand if I had a member sign up date of March 2015 but I've been an active member here since 2004 as well as own and track a well prepped E46 M3.

Old Wed, Jul-01-2015, 06:08:15 PM   #46
Cha5en

United States

Default Eibach Pro-Street-S Coilover for E46 M3 tested

I think most here know Treflip works with Eibach, and he doesn't hide it.

Knowing how much he tracks his vehicle, and knowing many that he often mingles with much of the hpde circle in SoCal, I'd be much more confident of purchasing this kit based on his review, then say any review on the crap Broadway static/fortune auto kits we constantly see being reviewed with no real data point of how a M should feel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:
Apart from anything else, it would give a tremendous 'feelgood' boost to the end of the season, be the greatest comeback story since Lazarus, and give us a chance to enjoy Robert's laconic humour again. Remember that monster shunt of his in Canada? The next day, as he walked out of hospital, a journalist asked him if he'd seen the crash on TV. Robert Kubica stopped, looked the journo right in the eye and said: "I've seen it twice: the first time I was there!"
Jump to top Cha5en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jul-01-2015, 06:30:29 PM   #47
ModBargains III
M3Forum Sponsor

United States

At risk of sounding bias, Tony is one of very very few people in this industry whose opinion I truly trust. He's a great guy and I know for a fact that he didn't make this thread to deceive people into buying, he has other people to do that for him so there's no need for him to post stuff like this up unless he's excited about it. Like Chas3n said, Tony track his car quite a lot, and knows quite a lot about this chassis, so take it with a grain of salt the fact that he works for Eibach, because at heart he's still an enthusiast like all of us.

Elliott Goodman | Modification Expert | Elliott@ModBargains.com | (714) 582-3330 ext. 8011
We Specialize In: BMW M3 Wheels | BMW Brakes | BMW Suspension | BMW M3 Parts | KW Coilovers |
HRE Flow Formed Wheels | StopTech Group buy #2!
Hours: Mon - Fri 8:00am-6:00pm | Sat 8:00am-5:00pm (PST)
Check out the Blog! or add me on Facebook! for daily updates and discounts!
Jump to top ModBargains III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jul-01-2015, 07:08:42 PM   #48
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

I agree this thread is informational and not just an advertisement thread-- otherwise I would have just deleted it. But, him being the brand manager for Eibach is not irrelevant, either.

I've only heard good things, he sounds like an awesome guy. I still think it needs to be stated to fairness/openness.

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, Wife's 6mt NA RWD e91, 04 M3 wagon
Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car
Jump to top Obioban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jul-02-2015, 08:05:08 PM   #49
Treflip

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
I agree this thread is informational and not just an advertisement thread-- otherwise I would have just deleted it. But, him being the brand manager for Eibach is not irrelevant, either.

I've only heard good things, he sounds like an awesome guy. I still think it needs to be stated to fairness/openness.
Thanks for keeping the thread up. I've updated my original post.

Old Sat, Jul-04-2015, 03:53:29 AM   #50
flipm3
E46 M3 | E90 M3

Philippines

I'll be getting a set of these coilovers for my E46 M3 hopefully soon!

My car will be chilling on jack stands for a little bit as I get my JRZ RS Pros rebuilt. I figure it would be a fun time to try something different.

My plan is to do a bit of street testing and some track testing. I now have a lap timer too and although I'm not the most consistent driver, my plan is to log laps with this setup, then go back to my newly rebuilt JRZ RS Pro and do the same.

Tony is a good guy and only means well for our community. It's great to hear his first hand feedback on the setup! Can't wait to get an opinion of my own.

2004 E46 M3 6MT | Silver Grey . Cloth | My E46 M3 Build Thread
2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth | My E90 M3 Build Thread
2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My E46 M3 Build Thread
2016 981 Cayman 6MT | White . Black | Coming Soon

POST YOUR DYNO GRAPH HERE: The Official Dyno Thread
Jump to top flipm3 is offline   Reply With Quote