BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Marketplace > Parts for Sale/Wanted
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Parts for Sale/Wanted Post your Parts Wanted, and non commercial bmw related items for sale. We ask that companies selling goods become a Sponsor to advertise your goods.

Old Mon, Sep-11-2017, 08:42:51 PM   #401
Dr M3an M3
Why does everyone think my name is Dan? lol

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: 2017 SuperSprint Header Group-Buy Mega Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerob View Post
I was overcharged $125 in customs fees and received a dented muffler. To date, I have received an apology email from the vendor but with no remedy. Not sure what to do at this point. I don't know whether they are refunding my $125 overcharged customs fees or if they are sending me a new muffler - no communication.

Leighton - Does Henrik have a plan? If so, can he tell us? Should I pack my dented muffler back in the flimsy box it came in? Is Henrik going to issue shipping return labels for us to use to return damaged items? This has got to start moving faster...Between Schmeidmann vacations, Supersprint's vacations and sitting here waiting, I am over two months into this...

I want a $125 refund for improperly coded Customs tariff and a new muffler shipped ASAP. Schmeidmann can fight with DHL and their insurance carrier AFTER they take care of their own mistakes...

Sorry to be so abrupt, but I just am not seeing any action...if seems that Schmeidmann has addressed items moving forward, but I am not hearing anything to remedy the items that arrived damaged and refund Customs / DHL overcharges.
Forwarding this reply to Henrik so that it is addressed completely. I will get answers to all of this, I promise! Just hoping I don't lose power through this hurricane. I am going to forward this to him now, in the event that it does. I should have a reply in the next 14 hours or so.

Mods: Maintenance, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS 'lockdown', Supersprint V1 Stepped headers w/ Oversized Section 1, SS Resonated X-Pipe section 2, RE El Diablo Muffler, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Streamline CSL Bumper, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, Angel-eyes, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, CSL Dynamic Redline Warmup Light parameters.
Upcoming Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, CSL Bumper, OE CSL Wheels, Supersprint Headers MEGA thread, CSL Airbox...others in the works.
Please PM me - In search of:
-- Wanting to Trade basically brand new Eagle Eye Smoked Reverse Trunk Lights for a pair that are Non-smoked
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Sep-11-2017, 09:55:12 PM   #402
idntknow2005

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Thrizzle View Post
Completely agree with him on this. We shouldn't have to wait for their insurance claim to process. They should have just ordered us new parts asap from Supersprint and sent them in the new packaging. I want to get this busted muffler sent back, I walk past it everyday and it's just depressing to look at.

Are there any updates on the refunding of the excess duties?

Thanks.
I don't know if it's schmidmann or SS, but one of them clearly does not understand the term asap or immediately. Apparently it translates to "when you have time" or "after your next vacation".

My car has been parked for over 6 weeks, I still haven't received section 1.

Last edited by idntknow2005; Mon, Sep-11-2017 at 10:46:55 PM.
Jump to top idntknow2005 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Sep-12-2017, 12:43:05 PM   #403
mikerob

In the garage:

United States

See the the response from Henrik this morning in red below.

As much as I appreciate this response (most likely after Leighton's prodding), it does not provide a remedy. We should not be at the mercy of their insurance companies and DHL. This is not right. As I stated in on of my earlier threads, SCHMIEDMANN ODENSE A/S needs to:
  1. ship replacement parts
  2. arrange for returns of damaged parts
  3. cover the additional customs fees for the replacement parts
  4. refund the original incorrectly charged customs fees

SCHMIEDMANN ODENSE A/S can work with DHL and their insurance companies as a separate issue.

Leighton - I will forward Henrik's reply to you by email, and let you continue your negotiations with him.
Dear Mike,

I am very sorry to keep you waiting like this. I have been working very hard with our warehouse manager to get all sorted as fast as possible. Unfortunately we rely on DHL getting back to us fast and solving this case also. They have not been working very fast so far. But here is an update on the case.

Shipping damage:
DHL has just started getting back to us regarding the claims of shipping damage. We hope they will accepts the claims, so far one of our claims has been approved. The issue is only, that a DHL claim refund does not pay for the full damage. They only issue a “standard” return fee, which will cover maybe 30 % of the parts cost price. The rest shall then be covered by our insurance company.

I will talk with our warehouse manager about the cases and see if we can do anything to get things moving faster and get new parts going or refunds.

Tariff code issue:
This issue is a bit harder, since no people seem to know how to fix it. Not even within DHL Denmark or USA. They could not give me a straight forward answer. But I figured out a way to file a dispute regarding duty costs online with DHL USA and give them all the information and prior shipments, that have been charged correctly. This issue seem to happen, since DHL USA could not read the tariff codes for the exhausts parts and then just used the tariff code we have on our packing fee. This is off cause incorrect and does not make any sense. Since the packing fee is such a small amount of the full invoice.

I filed the duty disputes last week, but have not yet heard anything back from DHL USA. I will call them later today, once their US Office open.

I am truly sorry for the inconvenience this issue has caused. We have shipped hundreds of Supersprint exhausts worldwide, without any issues and we have never had this many tariff codes being wrong.

I am thankful your for patience and will do my best to get back to you within 48 hours with a straight answer on the issues and how we can proceed.

Cars in Fleet
2006 BMW M3 Cabriolet
2000 BMW 323i Touring (Sold)
1991 BMW 325i Cabriolet (Sold)
2016 Honda Pilot - Wife's Car
2010 Honda CRV - Spare Car
1998 Honda VFR - Two Wheeled Fun

Last edited by mikerob; Tue, Sep-12-2017 at 04:04:24 PM.
Jump to top mikerob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Sep-12-2017, 01:58:00 PM   #404
BlackHawkRacing

In the garage:

United States

I got, verbatim, the same email from him this morning. If there isn't some progress on refunds by the end of the week I am probably going to get PayPal involved. Refunds should be coming out of their own pocket and they can deal with DHL and insurance on their own time.
Old Tue, Sep-12-2017, 03:58:04 PM   #405
MrCooperS

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHawkRacing View Post
I got, verbatim, the same email from him this morning. If there isn't some progress on refunds by the end of the week I am probably going to get PayPal involved. Refunds should be coming out of their own pocket and they can deal with DHL and insurance on their own time.
Amen. I had this happen with a seller on this forum and the seller refused to foot the repair costs and go after the insurance claim.

After a little while, the third party person (Caesar Shanine aka Lightwerkz? whatever his name is) who is providing the shipping services and insurance just ghosted me completely.

Last edited by MrCooperS; Tue, Sep-12-2017 at 04:01:48 PM.
Jump to top MrCooperS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Sep-12-2017, 04:34:22 PM   #406
M3 Thrizzle

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHawkRacing View Post
I received the exact same email reply as well.

Scheidmann needs to step up and foot the bill for the new parts and refunds of the duties and they can sort it out on their end after the fact. I feel like this is just going to drag on.
Jump to top M3 Thrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Sep-13-2017, 09:24:38 PM   #407
maynard423

United States

Default 2017 SuperSprint Header Group-Buy Mega Thread

I got this response from Henrik. I'm content (unfortunately) with the dents. I figure it will only hurt with future resale. He keeps quoting DHL at refunding 30% of part costs, then their insurance covering the rest. I can't help to think that if I get them to refund me 30% and walk away. What's going to prevent them from still filing and the other insurance claim and recovering the other 70% for their gain? If insurance is there to cover damaged goods, am I selling myself short by settling at a possible 30% refund? I had 3 out of 4 components damaged.

Dear Michael,

Glad to hear your tariff code was correct. Not sure why DHL only got some incorrect, since all invoices had the same tariff codes.

DHL will refund about 30 % of the damaged part and the insurance will cover the rest, if DHL approves the claim. DHL only cover about 30% of the cost price. Their calculation is based of the weight of the item. International shipping rules for damaged parcels.

If the damage is cosmetic and will not hurt performance, we would suggest a refund that we can agree on, that you will be happy with.

No reason to spend more time waiting for a new shipment and pay more money for shipping, if all this can be avoided and you will be happy with the result in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Wed, Sep-13-2017, 10:23:56 PM   #408
Dee514

Tibet

Quote:
Originally Posted by maynard423 View Post

No reason to spend more time waiting for a new shipment and pay more money for shipping, if all this can be avoided and you will be happy with the result in the end.

Sorry for the ones with the damage, but it doesn't seem right to having to repay more (for shipping and maybe losing the custom duties paid) when the problem was on their end. I
I also think I won't get the "duties paid"difference back, on over paying for the wrong tariff code, again a mistake on their end.
Good luck to all and hope this gets settled amicably.
Old Wed, Sep-13-2017, 10:28:20 PM   #409
maynard423

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee514 View Post
Sorry for the ones with the damage, but it doesn't seem right to having to repay more (for shipping and maybe losing the custom duties paid) when the problem was on their end. I
I also think I won't get the "duties paid"difference back, on over paying for the wrong tariff code, again a mistake on their end.
Good luck to all and hope this gets settled amicably.

That aggravated me as well.

Old Wed, Sep-13-2017, 11:04:27 PM   #410
Dynamicck

United States

I wasn't even offered 30%. I was offered $100 refund OR replacement tips from supersprint which I had to get rewelded (labor would be covered). I know the damages were minor and purely cosmetic, but $100 is a joke.

I told him he can send a replacement, OR send me a return label and refund me.
Jump to top Dynamicck is offline   Reply With Quote