BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E36 M3 (1992-1999)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E36 M3 (1992-1999) {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999

Old Mon, Aug-28-2017, 08:53:45 PM   #151
Nate047

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: My 99' Hellrot intro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
That's not even that bad for glovebox sag, lol.
Yea it annoys me though. I didn't get to it yesterday... Instead I thought "I'll do the door handles, that will be easy." Couldn't get the window out of the way. Passenger side door is in pieces right now HA. Going to my friend's tonight to get some help so I don't I accidentally break some shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_tejuco View Post
+1 project indefinite(s), tbh. i love it, my wife does not. lol

Great progress on this, man. Can't wait to see it on some wheels, but won't hold my breath..
I feel your pain haha. And yea, wheels... Can o' worms lol I will get to that someday... This is the first project car I've had for this long without getting around to putting wheels on Also I've definitely never had 2 sets of wheels sitting in storage with none on the car.
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Sep-04-2017, 02:02:55 AM   #152
Nate047

In the garage:

United States

Got the chance to drive a bit today, lots of traffic on main roads BUT it was a nice day out of the house with the wife. We are both self employed, so holiday weekends (or hell, any weekend) often just turn into "work days" if we're not careful. Today was really nice, the first proper day off my wife or I have had in a few weeks. Gave the hoopty a wash, had lunch in Malibu, took the long way back through a few canyons, and grabbed a couple phone pics.

Loving the new wheel. The old one wasn't that "bad" but the feel of new perforated leather is so nice.

**** these things. I ended up having to get help at my friend's shop to get the glass out, a requirement for this job. Bad on me for not giving myself enough time and not realizing how much of a task it is to replace the door handles if you've never done it before. I bit off more than I could chew given the fact that I don't have a garage to work in, just an exposed parking lot. I dream of a rent controlled apartment in Venice with a garage... That isn't 5x what we pay now

HARD Motorsports door pulls because racecar. I like them, but the fit is not perfect because racecar. There's a little gap on the top of the mounting plate, I'm considering DIY ways to improve.

Don't see these every day, ultra rare MCivic 3X

Last edited by Nate047; Mon, Sep-04-2017 at 02:07:20 AM.
Jump to top Nate047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Sep-04-2017, 02:37:35 AM   #153
Nate047

In the garage:

United States

Oh yea, Carlos has been bugging me for so damn long I finally got around to bringing these ****ers in a few days ago.

18x8 ET35 & 18x9 ET45 BBS RGR. Doing bright silver refresh. These aren't in "bad" condition by any means, but I don't see the point in putting on a set of BBS in 7/10 condition when I can make them 10/10.

My next task is to fit these bad boys on the rear.

The A052 is, in a nutshell, the replacement for the AD08R. I won't argue that 245 would have been the preferred size for easy fitment. But Yokohama isn't making this tire in 245/35/18 at the moment, so this is what we're starting with. I think I will raise the ride height a bit, increase rear camber to about 2.5 or 3 degrees (currently it's -2 degrees) roll the inner lip of the fenders slightly, and maybe add a spacer. May need to trim the inner part of the rear bumper slightly (won't be visible from outside) It looks like I'll be about 10mm closer to the strut with this new setup. The wheels should be finished sometime next week so hopefully I can test fit them next weekend. It's all just numbers in the ether until I can see it in front of my face.

Front size is 225/40/18 so should have no issues there. Might add a 4-5mm spacer and I'll probably roll the front fenders too for posterity's sake. I've changed a few other things around so I'll need to be corner balanced again, and I'll increase front camber and bar stiffness as well. I'm hoping to get back on track end of this month, if schedule allows. I went with an Optima Red Top battery with BimmerWorld mounting tray, no pictures at the moment but the setup is perfect, highly recommend it. I will post up a photo of that sometime over the next couple days.

My man Rajeet at Mastermind NA is helping me with the wheel refinishing, known this dude for years and I fully trust he will do a good job. I saw this gem at his shop, I shot these 2 "Odyvias" forever ago when I worked at Modified. I think this was the 2nd or 3rd time I had ever shot in a studio LOL.

These are S13 coupes with wide body kits and Honda Odyssey head lights. Sounds weird on paper, but it looks really really cool in person. If you like weird JDM cars, which I do. The brown one was Rajeet's shop car for SEMA 2010 or 2011, USDM 240SX with gnarly LS6 build. The silver one was super interesting as well, RHD JDM Silvia with a Kenmeri Skyline carbureted I6, Kenmeri interior swap, and it's on air. Because Japan.

This was cool to see, even though it reminds me of how old I'm getting LOL.

Last edited by Nate047; Mon, Sep-04-2017 at 02:54:33 AM. Reason: Kenmeri, not Hako
Jump to top Nate047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Sep-04-2017, 03:05:45 AM   #154
westopher

Canada

There was an LS swapped s13 with odyssey headlights here locally a few years ago. It might have actually been the brown one. I know someone here bought it already built. It was awesome.

Car looks great, both the comments about the handles stresses me out though. Both those are items I want, but don't know if I want to deal with any hassles for either of them.

98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 100k and officially worthless.
Member journal. http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=491859
Jump to top westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Sep-04-2017, 04:38:27 AM   #155
Nate047

In the garage:

United States

It's gotta be the same car, IIRC it was sold to a guy in Canada. I'd love to see what it looks like today this many years later haha.

The door handles... Give yourself a full day, and make sure you're prepared to pull the glass. Some people say you can do it by just getting it kind of out of the way but I dunno. Unless you have Trump sized hands you need as much room in there as you can get. The door pulls are very easy to instal, I'll chime back in if I can figure out a way to get them a little more flush to the door cards.
Old Mon, Sep-04-2017, 03:23:25 PM   #156
cblock

In the garage:

United States

Car is looking great but what is the point of getting rid of the door handles??? Not a fan.

Jump to top cblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Sep-04-2017, 08:20:25 PM   #157
Nate047

In the garage:

United States

Different strokes, I wanted them because I thought the red accent on the interior would be cool.
Old Tue, Sep-05-2017, 05:09:03 AM   #158
c_tejuco

In the garage:

Philippines

1) it's about time those wheels see the light of day! (Still won't hold my breath, need to see them mounted..)
2) You know Rajeet?! I know him through our mutual buddy, Jeff. Small world, my dude.

Last edited by c_tejuco; Tue, Sep-05-2017 at 05:31:16 AM.
Jump to top c_tejuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Sep-05-2017, 06:23:35 PM   #159
Nate047

In the garage:

United States

That's awesome, yea Rajeet is the man. He also helped me get some pretty cool aero parts for my Honda back in the day *ducks for cover*

Looking forward to seeing the wheels finished hopefully this week!
Old Fri, Sep-08-2017, 10:54:40 PM   #160
Nate047

In the garage:

United States

Wheels are done, I got a bunch of photos from Rajeet this afternoon.

I'm super happy, I love how you can see some of the metal texture like on the motorsports wheels. Just gotta get valve stems on Monday, mount up the tires, and I guess test fit, get spacers if need be, and roll fenders sometime next week or next weekend.