BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Garage > M3 Track: Racing and DE
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

M3 Track: Racing and DE Best mod for speed is learning to get the most out of what you currently have. Tracks and DE's is the place to start!

Old Mon, Jul-17-2017, 07:09:21 PM   #111
ThunderMoose

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R - any feedback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainofjjj View Post
I'm looking for a good endurance tire to run in AER/WRL. Meaning i need 8+ hours of consistent laps. I'm told this tire might not last the 8 hours needed.

Other tires i'm looking at are the RS4, Direzza, 615k+ and the Yoko 052

We did 8 hours in rain and tires were like new. Not an apples to apples but if you have mixed conditions you can use the RE71r's

#67 2014, 2015, 2016 NASA TX TT3 Runner-up,

FLMS Half Cage, RaceTech 4009HR drivers seat, Schroth 6-Pt Harness, E.S.S. Fire System, AIM SOLO DL with ECU Harness, SmartyCam, Angle Aluminum with VAC dead pedal, Sparco Steering Wheel on MOMO hub, MCS Suspension, Hyperco 800F 900R springs, Hotchkis Front and Rear Sway bars, Vorshlag Camber Plates, Turner ARCA, AJ Hartman Front Splitter, BW V2 Wing, BW CF Rear Diffuser, APEX ARC-8 wheels, Brembo BBK Front, Carbon Fiber Roof, CF Headlight Blanks, Door Windows and Cards Delete, TMS rear and front subframe reinforcement, Zionsville Competition Cooler, BW Oil Cooler, Oil Diverter Valve, Motorsports Thermostat, Evolve CF Intake, Epic Stepped Headers, Turner Pulleys, BW 3.5" Race Exhaust, EPIC Alpha N Tune, 288/280 Cat Cams, Beisan Oil Disk and Vanos Seals, ZF 5MT, CAE Ultra Shifter

My track journal: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=509148
Jump to top ThunderMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Jul-18-2017, 12:57:51 AM   #112
Brainofjjj
Astronaut

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMoose View Post
We did 8 hours in rain and tires were like new. Not an apples to apples but if you have mixed conditions you can use the RE71r's
Thanks that's good to know. I'll likely buy a set and test them this fall before running them at WRL COTA in December. Going to bring 3 sets so maybe 2 of these and one of another. Will be looking for sales.
Jump to top Brainofjjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jul-18-2017, 01:17:09 AM   #113
SQ13

United States

^ Need a co-driver?
Old Tue, Jul-18-2017, 02:11:47 AM   #114
mindspin311

United States

RS4, 615K, Z2SS will all go 8+ hours easily. We put 24hrs on a set of Z2SS on our Chump E30.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Jump to top mindspin311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jul-18-2017, 12:09:47 PM   #115
Brainofjjj
Astronaut

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ13 View Post
^ Need a co-driver?
Maybe. Have a racing license?

I have 2 other NASA drivers on board for WRL COTA and waiting on a pro driver friend to let me know if he's in. He normally gets paid to drive so it's unlikely he'll join as I need paying drivers. We have a Spec E46 that i'm prepping to the hilt with tons of new stuff.

We'll most likely be doing more endurance stuff and maybe the 25 hours in 2018.
Old Tue, Jul-18-2017, 10:46:56 PM   #116
SQ13

United States

Quote:

I have 2 other NASA drivers on board for WRL COTA and waiting on a pro driver friend to let me know if he's in. He normally gets paid to drive so it's unlikely he'll join as I need paying drivers. We have a Spec E46 that i'm prepping to the hilt with tons of new stuff.

No, because I could not attend the BMW CCA school at MSRC back in May due to scheduling issues. But I do have some track experience, and I believe WRL is okay with that. I have done 8 days at TWS (10-12 by end of Aug), 2 days at COTA, 2 days at MSRH, and 2 days at H2R. No worries if you're not interested. My goal is to do an enduro race within the next 22 months, so no rush.

Edit: As of now, I am in yellow group with TWS PDS (may change in August), Adv with BMW CCA, and HPDE3 with NASA.
Old Tue, Jul-18-2017, 11:03:50 PM   #117
Apex_3472

In the garage:

United States

Quote:

I have an FIA license always ready to drive
Old Wed, Jul-19-2017, 12:43:02 PM   #118
Brainofjjj
Astronaut

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ13 View Post
No, because I could not attend the BMW CCA school at MSRC back in May due to scheduling issues. But I do have some track experience, and I believe WRL is okay with that. I have done 8 days at TWS (10-12 by end of Aug), 2 days at COTA, 2 days at MSRH, and 2 days at H2R. No worries if you're not interested. My goal is to do an enduro race within the next 22 months, so no rush.

Edit: As of now, I am in yellow group with TWS PDS (may change in August), Adv with BMW CCA, and HPDE3 with NASA.
Well that sucks, i was helping lead that class and we had a lot of fun. People are pushing for another one soon. Much better instruction than NASA provides, frankly it's hard to run a class like they did.

I have a lot of people waiting for this fourth spot so it's unlikely i'll have an opening, however if you want to come out and join us in December that would be cool. We'll have paid support but we can always use more hands.

We should be at the next NASA race in Houston as well.
Old Wed, Jul-19-2017, 06:39:05 PM   #119
craac

United States

We did 8hrs on the re71r at the WRL race at MSR Angleton, tires still have some life. Car is a spec miata. See you at Cota
Old Mon, Jul-24-2017, 04:28:00 AM   #120
islavov
M-Power, M-Gazaria

Bulgaria

Ordered size down from tirerack 265/35/18 (275 was back ordered) - I have had 4 or 5 autox events so far - wear is reasonable, grip and performance is exceptional!!! Center edge looks like is wearing too fast on the fronts, but fronts do all the "heavy lifting" in autox. I just missed FTD on last autox by 0.150s, and winning my group 3 times in a row. This is the best I have done so far.

This is the tire to have for Autox, period!!!

Mods: DINAN Intake, AP Headers, SS Race Cats, ESS Software, UUC Front Sway (rear is 4sale, too stiff 4 me), Ground Control medium rear sway, EvoSport Pulleys, Eisenmann Meisterschaft TI
Susp: TCK DA - Thanks DAN & Obioban @ DER
Track Wheels: ARC-8 Square 18x35x275
Sponsored By: http://www.galaxylinq.com - Custom E-commerce Websites, Recurring Billing, Membership & Subscription Management CRM/CMS Software
Jump to top islavov is offline   Reply With Quote