BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>
Loading


Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E90 M3 (Sedan) | E92 M3 (Coupe) | E93 M3 (Convertible) (2008-2013)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E90 M3 (Sedan) | E92 M3 (Coupe) | E93 M3 (Convertible) (2008-2013) {Engine: S65 - Max Hp: 414 hp (420 hp Euro) at 8,300 rpm / 295 lb/ft at 3,900 rpm}


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Wed, Dec-01-2010, 04:50:47 PM   #1
Dave2011M3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 74
Reputation: 0 Dave2011M3 is on a distinguished road
Location: Playa Del Rey

United States




Default My baseline dyno..E92 M3

I did a baseline dyno before I start my modifications and wanted to share this with you.

Conditions:

75 deg. F
15% humidity
30.8 Baro pressure
93 octane
5th gear on a dynojet.

The car was dyno'd at Swanson Performance, which specializes in Mustangs. Danny (owner) has owned 2 E46 M3s and just recently a E60 M5. He sells no BMW aftermarket parts whatsoever. I used Danny because he had a great reputation in the Mustang world and he's close.

The first 2 dyno runs the car cutout at 8k rpm as the car sat for about 45 minutes before we were able to strap it on. We let the car cool on the dyno for 5 minutes and did the 3rd run which the car did pull to the 8400rpm cutoff. Anyone know why??

Any way here are the runs..

First the best run of the 3 pulls which was dyno #3.



All 3 runs together..




Dave
__________________
2013 E92 M3 ZCP MR/BLK
Testpipes, AFE STG2 with C/F elbow, BPM Stg.2 Dev. tune.
Previous Rides:
2011 BMW E92 M3 ZCP MR/BLK
2007 Porsche 997S Speed Yellow/Black
2004 BMW E46 M3 IR/BLK
2001 BMW E46 M3 IR/BLK

Last edited by Dave2011M3; Wed, Dec-01-2010 at 08:35:29 PM.
Jump to top Dave2011M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Dec-01-2010, 05:47:21 PM   #2
JordanPemberton
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 158
Reputation: 0 JordanPemberton is on a distinguished road
Location: Louisville, KY

United States




Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2011M3 View Post
I did a baseline dyno before I start my modifications and wanted to share this with you.

Conditions:

75 deg. F
15% humidity
30.8 Baro pressure
93 octane
5th gear on a dynojet.

The car was dyno'd at Swanson Performance, which specializes in Mustangs. Danny (owner) has owned 2 E46 M3s and just recently a E60 M5. He sells no BMW aftermarket parts whatsoever. I used Danny because he had a great reputation in the Mustang world and he's close.

The first 2 dyno runs the car cutout at 8k rpm as the car sat for about 45 minutes before we were able to strap it on. We let the car cool on the dyno for 5 minutes and did the 3rd run which the car did pull to the 8400rpm cutoff. Anyone know why??

Any way here are the runs..

First the best run of the 3 pulls which was dyno #3.



All 3 runs together..




Dave
I don't think pictures are working, could just be me though...
Jump to top JordanPemberton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Dec-01-2010, 08:36:10 PM   #3
Dave2011M3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 74
Reputation: 0 Dave2011M3 is on a distinguished road
Location: Playa Del Rey

United States




Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanPemberton View Post
I don't think pictures are working, could just be me though...
Sorry..I fixed it..


Dave
__________________
2013 E92 M3 ZCP MR/BLK
Testpipes, AFE STG2 with C/F elbow, BPM Stg.2 Dev. tune.
Previous Rides:
2011 BMW E92 M3 ZCP MR/BLK
2007 Porsche 997S Speed Yellow/Black
2004 BMW E46 M3 IR/BLK
2001 BMW E46 M3 IR/BLK
Jump to top Dave2011M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Dec-01-2010, 08:57:18 PM   #4
Roman@ESS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 228
Reputation: 0 Roman@ESS is on a distinguished road
Location: Phoenix

United States




Default

The E9x M3 will limit RPM until engine oil temps are optimum. Based on 93 octane and a 5th gear pull your numbers look spot on.
__________________
Roman@esstuning.com

Web: ESStuning.com
Telephone : (480) 389-4377
Facebook: ESS

Jump to top Roman@ESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Dec-01-2010, 09:54:24 PM   #5
Dave2011M3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 74
Reputation: 0 Dave2011M3 is on a distinguished road
Location: Playa Del Rey

United States




Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman@ESS View Post
The E9x M3 will limit RPM until engine oil temps are optimum. Based on 93 octane and a 5th gear pull your numbers look spot on.
Thanks Roman, I thought it was something like that.

Dave
__________________
2013 E92 M3 ZCP MR/BLK
Testpipes, AFE STG2 with C/F elbow, BPM Stg.2 Dev. tune.
Previous Rides:
2011 BMW E92 M3 ZCP MR/BLK
2007 Porsche 997S Speed Yellow/Black
2004 BMW E46 M3 IR/BLK
2001 BMW E46 M3 IR/BLK
Jump to top Dave2011M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Dec-02-2010, 03:13:17 AM   #6
JordanPemberton
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 158
Reputation: 0 JordanPemberton is on a distinguished road
Location: Louisville, KY

United States




Default

Thanks a lot for posting!

I was very interested in what number my car would roughly pull stock.

OT: Did you switch from the 997S directly to the M3 and can I ask the reasons why?
Jump to top JordanPemberton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Dec-02-2010, 04:41:05 AM   #7
Dave2011M3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 74
Reputation: 0 Dave2011M3 is on a distinguished road
Location: Playa Del Rey

United States




Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanPemberton View Post
Thanks a lot for posting!

I was very interested in what number my car would roughly pull stock.

OT: Did you switch from the 997S directly to the M3 and can I ask the reasons why?
I went from an E46 M3 to a brand new 07 997S to a 2011 M3. Many reasons why I switched...main one money. Couldn't afford to have 3 cars (wifeys, my DD and the 997). Couldn't get rid of my wifes car and I needed a car that could be a good DD, which the PCar isn't, well not in my eyes anyways.

Dave
__________________
2013 E92 M3 ZCP MR/BLK
Testpipes, AFE STG2 with C/F elbow, BPM Stg.2 Dev. tune.
Previous Rides:
2011 BMW E92 M3 ZCP MR/BLK
2007 Porsche 997S Speed Yellow/Black
2004 BMW E46 M3 IR/BLK
2001 BMW E46 M3 IR/BLK
Jump to top Dave2011M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Dec-04-2010, 03:15:50 AM   #8
Touring
E46Fanatics
 
Touring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,813
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Touring is on a distinguished road

Puerto Rico




Default

Those are horrible #'s for what this car cost.wish bmw put some more power into these cars. at least a single turbo....
Jump to top Touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Dec-04-2010, 12:15:13 PM   #9
Cyrus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 15,041
Reputation: 0 Cyrus has disabled reputation





Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touring View Post
Those are horrible #'s for what this car cost.wish bmw put some more power into these cars. at least a single turbo....
__________________
2017 VW Golf R (DSG)
2014 Mazda MX-5 Club (manual, soft top)
Jump to top Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Dec-04-2010, 01:03:24 PM   #10
bolecailey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Age: 34
Posts: 221
Reputation: 0 bolecailey is on a distinguished road
Location: Houston

United States




Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touring View Post
Those are horrible #'s for what this car cost.wish bmw put some more power into these cars. at least a single turbo....
Seems about right for a Dyno Jet.
Jump to top bolecailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
baseline, dynoe92

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:17:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
M3Forum.com and M3forum.net is in no way sponsored, endorsed or affiliated by or with BMW NA / BMW AG or any of it's subsidiaries or vendors.
BMW and M3 (E90 M3 | E92 M3 | E93 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | E30 M3) are registered trademarks of BMW AG.
M3Forum Terms of Service
Copyright 1999-2017 M3Forum.com
Discussing My baseline dyno..E92 M3 in the E90 M3 (Sedan) | E92 M3 (Coupe) | E93 M3 (Convertible) (2008-2013) Forum - {Engine: S65 - Max Hp: 414 hp (420 hp Euro) at 8,300 rpm / 295 lb/ft at 3,900 rpm} at BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)