BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Marketplace > Parts for Sale/Wanted
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Parts for Sale/Wanted Post your Parts Wanted, and non commercial bmw related items for sale. We ask that companies selling goods become a Sponsor to advertise your goods.

Old Mon, May-11-2009, 04:04:18 AM   #1
00o00

United States

Arrow Official Roll Bar Group Buy!

Hey Guys,

So I didnít read the rules for a group buy and messed up the last versionthread, sorry to the moderators. And I guess I wasnít completely clear that it became official too. SoÖ

This is the Official Group buy for the BR Racing Bolt-In Roll Bar. The group buy price is $960, which was discounted from $1,200. The price includes all parts of the bar, the Main Hoop with Harness Bar, Down Bars and X-Brace, and Rear Strut Tower Bar. The Price also includes powder coating the whole bar in either white or black; you can get a different color for an additional charge. The price does not include shipping.

The bar has been developed and is being produced by BR Racing, link here: http://brrperformance.com/index.php. BR Racing is a great shop located in Los Gatos; I wouldnít trust any other group of guys with my car. They have recently expanded and installed a full metal working shop, which gives them the ability to make this bar. The bar was designed by Bruce, the owner, who has his engineering degree from UCLA, and is being made by Luke Lonberger, who has built all kinds of cadges for professional motorsports. More on him here: http://brrperformance.com/blog/?p=128

The original thread for this bar is here: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showt...ighlight=00o00
I ask that you please direct all questions and concerns about this bar to this thread as to not further clutter up this one. Thanks

I would also suggest you read thought the entire thread there have been some people who are skeptical about this product, they donít seem to be able to step back and look at all the info that I have provided. Also, if you have any further questions or concerns you can PM me.

If you want to be in on this please put down your username and Iíll send you a PM asking for your first and last name, email, and color preference (this is for privacy purposes. This information will only be seen by me and the shop, and will not be given out or distributed)

We need 10 people for this discount. The group buy will end when we reach 10 people or 30 days. If we donít get 10 people in 30 days anyone on the list will be directed to the shop. If you need the bar sooner, you can contact the shop, but I don't think they will honor the GB price. If you think you want to be in, but arenít 100% just place a ď?Ē next to your name.

I have added the people I have already talked to. If I missed someone, sorry, just ad yourself, or take yourself off if you have decided against buying. If the list fills, ad your name below so I can send it to the shop anyhow, we can see what happens.

Group Buy List
1. 00o00
2. docwyte
3. iigigol0ii ?
4. OptionLessM ?

Payment will be due to BR Racing directly, not me, credit cards will be accepted. Iím not sure what the shipping costs will be yet. Iíll update everyone when I find out.

*Moderators, Iím pretty sure that this thread conforms to all the rules. I know that there has been some tension in the past with BR Racing about advertising here, but this is NOT for them, it is for me and fellow forum members. Iím not affiliated with the shop in any way except an extremely happy customer. They are not giving me any sort of discount or payment for posting this. Please, if there are any problems PM me.

__________________________________________________ _______________
Hey guys,

So Iím posting this to gauge interest in a group buy for the roll bar I have been posting about.

The Bar is a fully bolt-in roll bar solution. The idea behind this design was to be a fully removable roll-bar that provides protection in a rollover as well as a large amount of chassis stiffening and can be removed with a few twists of a wrench; back seats donít have to be taken out, just folded down. Itís made from CoMoly so itís lighter and stronger than a DOM steel roll bar. The bar has three parts:

Rear strut tower brace:

Down Bars & X-Brace:

And then the main hoop (which has a removable harness bar):

Here a good overall picture:

Link to the full thread, and TONS of info here: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=261392

This group buy is for the entire system, rear strut tower brace, down bars & X-brace, and main hoop with harness bar. The shop is looking for 10 buyers, but only 10. They are willing to discount the entire system to $960. PM me if youíre interested. Please use the title "roll bar group buy". Hurry I have this on two forums.
-Colin

Current Mods: Hardwired V1, Matte Black Side and Front Grills
Matte Black ///M3 emblem, TCK SA's (500/500),
Vorshlag Camber Plates, TCK RSM, Powerflex RTABs,
Hotchkis Front Sway Bar, Turner Rear Sway Bar,
GC adjustable endlinks, UUC red Transmission mounts,
CDV delete, AutoSolution SSK (30% reduction),
BR Racing Rear Strut bar, Turner Adjustable Rear Camber Arms,
APEX ACR-8 (18x9.5 square), Nitto NT-05's (265),
Vorshlag 15mm Spacers (rear), Vorshlag Studs,
Turner Front Strut Re-Enforcement, Mason Engineering Strut Bar
and SS Race
Waiting to be Delivered or Installed: Aluminum Pedal Set

Last edited by 00o00; Thu, May-14-2009 at 01:34:00 AM.
Rate Seller View Rating
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, May-11-2009, 05:03:19 AM   #2
hikkakaru

United States

I'd be in if you could have the back seats up.

That's what is appealing about the raven performance bar, that back seat does a good majority of the sound deadening from debris hitting bottom of trunk and rear fenders.
Jump to top hikkakaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, May-11-2009, 05:21:22 AM   #3
docwyte
Track addict

United States

You're going to be removing the bar for street use anyways, so I'm not sure how that's an issue.

Granted the Raven bar you don't have to fold the seats down, but since Raven refuses to ship the bars to the US...

'98 BMW M3 Track Rat
'08 Lexus GX470 Daily Driver
'15 KTM 1190R Beastly Moto
Jump to top docwyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, May-11-2009, 05:53:36 AM   #4
M13

United States

E36 application available?
Old Mon, May-11-2009, 06:20:22 AM   #5
OptionLessM
Banned

United States

i would probably be in
Jump to top OptionLessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, May-11-2009, 09:58:42 AM   #6
hikkakaru

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by docwyte View Post
You're going to be removing the bar for street use anyways, so I'm not sure how that's an issue.

Granted the Raven bar you don't have to fold the seats down, but since Raven refuses to ship the bars to the US...
Ah I didnt know that they were refusing shipment to the USA.

This makes this bar more attractive, then.
Jump to top hikkakaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, May-11-2009, 03:56:53 PM   #7
racinbmw

Finally, I have been waiting for this, come on guys this thing is awesome.
Thanks 00o00 for filling us in and making this a reality.
Jump to top racinbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, May-11-2009, 04:32:55 PM   #8
00o00

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinbmw View Post
Finally, I have been waiting for this, come on guys this thing is awesome.
Thanks 00o00 for filling us in and making this a reality.
No problem at all. I'm really excited about this bar!

Oh and I forgot to say... Please PM me with you first and last name, email, and whether you would be interested in a white or black bar.

and SS Race
Waiting to be Delivered or Installed: Aluminum Pedal Set
Jump to top 00o00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, May-11-2009, 04:44:30 PM   #9
BlackCat

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00o00 View Post
...Itís made from CoMoly so itís lighter and stronger than a steel roll bar...
Not trying to be a jerk, but to clarify for information sake. CoMoly is steel, just a different alloy mix.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromoly
Old Mon, May-11-2009, 05:21:01 PM   #10
00o00

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
Not trying to be a jerk, but to clarify for information sake. CoMoly is steel, just a different alloy mix.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromoly
Fair enough... I just knew there was a difference... so I'll edit my post to say DOM steel

my bad

and SS Race