BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Photos and Videos
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Photos and Videos Place to post and discuss BMW and other automotive videos and photos.

Old Wed, Sep-19-2007, 11:21:22 AM   #1
Cleveland
///M POWERED

Reputation: 0 Cleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland Porsha

United States

Default ***The Official RAC MONOLITE RG4 V2 Group Buy Picture Thread***

To the members of the latest group buy...

Please post your pics of the new RAC MONOLITE RG4 V2 wheels once you get them mounted onto your car. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00952b.JPG (107.8 KB, 743 views)
True leaders are not those who strive to be first, but those who are first to strive and give their all for the success of the team. They can be identified by the clarity of their vision, the strength of their actions, and the integrity of their intent. A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, and the courage to make tough decisions. A true leader has compassion, and is willing to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but he becomes one by the confidence that he inspires in others. He commands the respect of his peers, and is humbled by the admiration of his followers. True leaders are first to see the need, envision the plan, and empower the team for action. By the strength of the leader's commitment, the power of the team is unleashed.

Last edited by Cleveland; Wed, Sep-19-2007 at 12:18:43 PM.
Jump to top Cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Sep-19-2007, 02:50:55 PM   #2
Carblk///M3
back in an e46 M yet again

United States

I sure would love to have those wheels.. wow
Old Wed, Sep-19-2007, 02:54:59 PM   #3
///Malicious
Banned

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland View Post
To the members of the latest group buy...

Please post your pics of the new RAC MONOLITE RG4 V2 wheels once you get them mounted onto your car. Thanks.
is that gun-metal? Looks kind of dark.
Jump to top ///Malicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Sep-19-2007, 03:43:38 PM   #4
Cruzer

Puerto Rico

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Malicious View Post
I hope not, I want them in silver....
Jump to top Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Sep-19-2007, 04:36:34 PM   #5
Cleveland
///M POWERED

Reputation: 0 Cleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland Porsha

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Malicious View Post
YES, that is Gun Metal.

That picture was taken late last night, indoors, in not-so-great lighting conditions with the flash ON. It looks different on the car in the daylight.

Also, I need to get something across to you guy's...

Each and every wheel is carefully inspected for any quality assurance problems so that the customer is completely satisfied with their new wheel purchase.

The factory powder-coated finish on these wheels is second-to-none.

It looks much better than any local powder-coating shop could possibly reproduce. These wheels are prepped, primed, painted, and clear-coated in sterile operating room type conditions. This is to eliminate the possibility of any contamination issues that can cause the finish to peel and or bubble up at a later time. It has the consistently smooth and even appearance of wheel paint, but the durability and chip resistance that factory powder-coated wheels are well known for in the industry. (please remember that not all wheel manufacturers use a FACTORY powder-coating process after the forging process is completed)

All RAC MONOLITE wheels are factory powder-coated immediately after they are forged to protect the 'raw' exposed metal from any surface corrosion. This is also done to insure that the intense heat that is applied during powder-coating process does not affect the temper or strength of the wheel. (heat-treating a wheel outside of this small manufacturing window causes embrittlement and weakening of the aluminum alloy) Some companies farm this powder-coating phase out (to god knows where) weeks after the raw wheels have been made. (because it's a cheaper $$$ route) The quality control is usually very suspect from wheel-to-wheel by going this route.

The factory powder-coating process is the defacto no-compromise standard among ALL the the best CAST & FORGED wheel makers in the world today. (including BBS, VOLK, NEEZ, OZ). It's a more expensive path to take, but they clearly understand why this is a necessary step to producing the best possible wheel product that has truly outstanding finish quality.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00950b.JPG (101.7 KB, 444 views)
True leaders are not those who strive to be first, but those who are first to strive and give their all for the success of the team. They can be identified by the clarity of their vision, the strength of their actions, and the integrity of their intent. A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, and the courage to make tough decisions. A true leader has compassion, and is willing to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but he becomes one by the confidence that he inspires in others. He commands the respect of his peers, and is humbled by the admiration of his followers. True leaders are first to see the need, envision the plan, and empower the team for action. By the strength of the leader's commitment, the power of the team is unleashed.

Last edited by Cleveland; Wed, Sep-19-2007 at 04:48:18 PM.
Old Wed, Sep-19-2007, 04:41:57 PM   #6
Cruzer

Puerto Rico

Great info!
Jump to top Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Sep-19-2007, 04:45:04 PM   #7
YseanY

Taiwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland View Post
All RAC MONOLITE wheels are factory powder-coated immediately after they are forged to protect the 'raw' exposed metal from any surface corrosion. This is also done to insure that the intense heat that is applied during powder-coating process does not affect the temper or strength of the wheel. (heat-treating a wheel outside of this small manufacturing window causes embrittlement and weakening of the aluminum alloy) Some companies farm this powder-coating phase out weeks after the raw wheels have been made (to god know where) because it's a cheaper $$$ route. The quality control is usually very suspect from wheel-to-wheel by going this route.

The factory powder-coating process is the defacto no-compromise standard among ALL the the best forged wheel makers in the world today. (including BBS, VOLK, NEEZ, OZ). They clearly understand why this is a necessary step to producing the best possible wheel product that has truly outstanding finish quality.
im beginning to find some chip in my RG4s, i guess it wouldn't be a good idea to have them re-powdercoated after the fact then? some chips are actually pretty deep where it seems like the material of the wheels have been chipped . i think items/tools may have been dropped on the wheels when at a shop or something, but cannot prove anything as i didnt notice it until later when washing the car.

GONE

2004 ///M3 6 SPEED - CARBON BLACK | BLACK NAPPA LEATHER | NAVIGATION | PREMIUM PACKAGE

ENGINE | Rogue Engineering Street Pulleys
DRIVETRAIN | OEM BMW Motosport 4.10 Differential | Rogue Engineering Custom SSK | Rogue Engineering Weighted Selector Rod | Rogue Engineering Transmission Mounts | GSP Clutch Pedal | CDV Removal
EXHAUST | OEM CSL Headers | Larini GT Sports Cats | Larini Section 2 | Rogue Engineering El Diablo Ti Tips
SUSPENSION | TC Kline Racing 500F/500R S/A Coilover | Eibach Front/Rear Sway Bars | Powerflex RTAB
BRAKES | Giallo Midas Brembo GT 355MM 6-Piston Monoblock Front BBK | Brembo GT 345MM 4-Piston Monoblock Rear BBK
WHEELS/TIRES | RACMonolites RG4 | Vredestein 275/30/19 and 265/30/19
EXTERIOR | OEM CSL Roof | OEM CSL Bootlid | OEM CSL Bumper | OEM CSL Diffusor | 28% Tint | 6000K Predator Chromiums | LED Turn Signals
INTERIOR | Hardwired Valentine 1 | Illuminated ///M3 Door Sills
Jump to top YseanY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Sep-19-2007, 04:47:24 PM   #8
STALKER

Reputation: 578 STALKER has a reputation beyond reputeSTALKER has a reputation beyond reputeSTALKER has a reputation beyond reputeSTALKER has a reputation beyond reputeSTALKER has a reputation beyond reputeSTALKER has a reputation beyond repute

Canada

They look great.

2010 GT3
2016 GT4
2016 Cayenne Diesel
Jump to top STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Sep-19-2007, 04:52:43 PM   #9
uni
EW///M3

subscribed
Old Wed, Sep-19-2007, 04:57:09 PM   #10
Cleveland
///M POWERED

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by YseanY View Post
im beginning to find some chip in my RG4s, i guess it wouldn't be a good idea to have them re-powdercoated after the fact then? some chips are actually pretty deep where it seems like the material of the wheels have been chipped . i think items/tools may have been dropped on the wheels when at a shop or something, but cannot prove anything as i didnt notice it until later when washing the car.
I can give you a lead on where to find perfectly color-matched touch up paint for your RG4's, so that you can repair those chips.

As for the shop dropping something (tools parts, etc) on your wheels...

I'm way over the top on that issue. If my car is going to the shop for ANYTHING, I remove my expensive wheels and put on a spare set of OEM 18's. Seriously, I'm not kidding! How's that for being anal!