BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>
Loading


Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Tue, Aug-16-2016, 01:16:34 AM   #21
Braymond141
Registered User
 
Braymond141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 19,615
Reputation: 0 Braymond141 is an unknown quantity at this point
Location: Oakhurst, CA

United States




Default Re: Real CSL trunk or not? Good price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meekrob View Post
Do these trunks bolt onto the holes the old trunks bolt from? If so then shouldn't they be perfectly lined up? Or is it necessary to do some cutting or other modifications in order for these trunks to fit perfectly?

Post some pictures how it's installed now if ya can, would love to see some before and after paint pics!
ALL OEM trunks require per car adjustment.
__________________

1996 M3 Journal | MSportParts
Jump to top Braymond141 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Aug-16-2016, 02:11:24 AM   #22
idntknow2005
Registered User
 
idntknow2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,534
Reputation: 0 idntknow2005 is on a distinguished road
Location: nashville area

United States




Default Re: Real CSL trunk or not? Good price?

I'll post pictures tomorrow
__________________
2001 E46 ///M3 - LSB+ on Cinnamon - Full Restoration "Brought back from the dead"
Jump to top idntknow2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Aug-16-2016, 08:00:02 AM   #23
noxious
Breaker of things
 
noxious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 500
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 noxious is on a distinguished road
Location: Bay Area

Philippines




Default Re: Real CSL trunk or not? Good price?

Despite the issues that some people have had here with Crackers Performance, I was able to buy my Karbonious box through them without issue (Ludo is the man!)
__________________
Jump to top noxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Aug-16-2016, 08:14:08 PM   #24
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com
 
Dr M3an M3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,120
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Dr M3an M3 is on a distinguished road
Location: Columbia, SC

United States




Default Re: Real CSL trunk or not? Good price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxious View Post
Despite the issues that some people have had here with Crackers Performance, I was able to buy my Karbonious box through them without issue (Ludo is the man!)
Is that the same air box listed on Crackers-Performance website for 900 euros? I don't see anywhere where it mentions that it is Karbonius, other than the optional snorkel? If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay? $1000ish for a CSL airbox would have my attention!! Thats basically the same price as the Eventuri. How are you liking it? Any issues with functionality or quality?

Assuming this is what you are referring to? (If not, does anyone have any experience with this?)
http://www.crackers-performance.com/...-type-csl.html

Karbonius lists theirs on their website for 1566.12 euros.: http://www.karbonius.es/web_ing/prod.../base_bmw.html
__________________
2004 E46 ///M3 - Oxford Green Metallic II + Cinnamon SMG
IG: DrM3anM3

Mods: Maintenance, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS 'lockdown', Supersprint V1 Stepped headers w/ Oversized Section 1, SS Resonated X-Pipe section 2, RE El Diablo Muffler, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Streamline CSL Bumper, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, Angel-eyes, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, CSL Dynamic Redline Warmup Light parameters.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, CSL Bumper, OE CSL Wheels, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, CSL Airbox, Brembo, Cams/Pistons...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of:
-- Wanting to Trade basically brand new Eagle Eye Smoked Reverse Trunk Lights for a pair that are Non-smoked
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Aug-16-2016, 08:35:38 PM   #25
Braymond141
Registered User
 
Braymond141's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 19,615
Reputation: 0 Braymond141 is an unknown quantity at this point
Location: Oakhurst, CA

United States




Default Re: Real CSL trunk or not? Good price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
Is that the same air box listed on Crackers-Performance website for 900 euros? I don't see anywhere where it mentions that it is Karbonius, other than the optional snorkel? If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay? $1000ish for a CSL airbox would have my attention!! Thats basically the same price as the Eventuri. How are you liking it? Any issues with functionality or quality?

Assuming this is what you are referring to? (If not, does anyone have any experience with this?)
http://www.crackers-performance.com/...-type-csl.html

Karbonius lists theirs on their website for 1566.12 euros.: http://www.karbonius.es/web_ing/prod.../base_bmw.html
The price is 1.900 Euros, not 900.
__________________

1996 M3 Journal | MSportParts
Jump to top Braymond141 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Aug-16-2016, 08:42:08 PM   #26
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com
 
Dr M3an M3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 2,120
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Dr M3an M3 is on a distinguished road
Location: Columbia, SC

United States




Default Re: Real CSL trunk or not? Good price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braymond141 View Post
The price is 1.900 Euros, not 900.
Ah, I see now. Weird placement for the euro sign. Looked like they were saying 900 each (for 1)...well that confused me. Thanks for clearing that up. I was about to say, what's the catch!? 900 euro would be a game changing price. Surely they would make more profits from the increased volume of sales than these manufactures are making at the 2000+ price point.
__________________
2004 E46 ///M3 - Oxford Green Metallic II + Cinnamon SMG
IG: DrM3anM3

Mods: Maintenance, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS 'lockdown', Supersprint V1 Stepped headers w/ Oversized Section 1, SS Resonated X-Pipe section 2, RE El Diablo Muffler, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Streamline CSL Bumper, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, Angel-eyes, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, CSL Dynamic Redline Warmup Light parameters.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, CSL Bumper, OE CSL Wheels, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, CSL Airbox, Brembo, Cams/Pistons...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of:
-- Wanting to Trade basically brand new Eagle Eye Smoked Reverse Trunk Lights for a pair that are Non-smoked
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Aug-17-2016, 01:44:37 PM   #27
noxious
Breaker of things
 
noxious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 500
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 noxious is on a distinguished road
Location: Bay Area

Philippines




Default Re: Real CSL trunk or not? Good price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
Is that the same air box listed on Crackers-Performance website for 900 euros? I don't see anywhere where it mentions that it is Karbonius, other than the optional snorkel? If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay? $1000ish for a CSL airbox would have my attention!! Thats basically the same price as the Eventuri. How are you liking it? Any issues with functionality or quality?

Assuming this is what you are referring to? (If not, does anyone have any experience with this?)
http://www.crackers-performance.com/...-type-csl.html

Karbonius lists theirs on their website for 1566.12 euros.: http://www.karbonius.es/web_ing/prod.../base_bmw.html
Paid close to $2300 USD with the Euro conversion and shipping factored.

I don't have any recent pics (other than this instagram one: https://www.instagram.com/p/_TgBVApzMj ) but I can tell you that this box is everything that everyone here on the forums is raving about. This is coming from a guy who used to have the VAC replica (STAY AWAY).

The snorkel I sourced sometime long ago, but it fit like a glove. Ludo was able to offer other CSL parts as well, but not sure if that is still possible in case some items are NLA.
__________________
Jump to top noxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Aug-17-2016, 03:50:40 PM   #28
idntknow2005
Registered User
 
idntknow2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,534
Reputation: 0 idntknow2005 is on a distinguished road
Location: nashville area

United States




Default Re: Real CSL trunk or not? Good price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxious View Post
Paid close to $2300 USD with the Euro conversion and shipping factored.

I don't have any recent pics (other than this instagram one: https://www.instagram.com/p/_TgBVApzMj ) but I can tell you that this box is everything that everyone here on the forums is raving about. This is coming from a guy who used to have the VAC replica (STAY AWAY).

The snorkel I sourced sometime long ago, but it fit like a glove. Ludo was able to offer other CSL parts as well, but not sure if that is still possible in case some items are NLA.

I think it's a good.idea to stay away from ANYTHING from vac. Yes, they may have some cool idea's but the owner is a complete dbag.
__________________
2001 E46 ///M3 - LSB+ on Cinnamon - Full Restoration "Brought back from the dead"
Jump to top idntknow2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Aug-17-2016, 06:52:39 PM   #29
TboneM3
YNWA
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,950
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 TboneM3 is on a distinguished road
Location: Socal

United States




Default Re: Real CSL trunk or not? Good price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
Ah, I see now. Weird placement for the euro sign. Looked like they were saying 900 each (for 1)...well that confused me. Thanks for clearing that up. I was about to say, what's the catch!? 900 euro would be a game changing price. Surely they would make more profits from the increased volume of sales than these manufactures are making at the 2000+ price point.
Europeans use commas instead of decimal points (in finance) and vice versa which may explain it.
__________________
/// 2004 SilberGrau M3 Coupe 6MT slicktop manual seats no nav______________________JOURNAL

-Evolve-R alpha N Evolve CSL CF Airbox eVenturi Scoop Euro Headers|sect 1 Besian D/A pullies/fan delete WPC rod bearings
-TMS Camber & Subf plates RE Street Trans Mounts AKG poly SUB/DIFF SDW RTAB ZHP knob + UUC DSSR GroundControl S/A (Koni/Eibach 440/550) + tall RSMs
-BMW Motorsport 4.10 OE CSL trunk APEX 75mm Studs Sportline 8S 18x8.5/9.5" PSS 245/275 ss brake/clutch lines
-Pioneer DEH-80PRS Eclipse PA5422 CDT HD-6 + WS-100i CDT EX-530 8" Kicker

DD/Beater: 1999 Civic LX - Kenwood x998 PPI 1600.4 CDT HD-6 + HD-100 CDT EX-530 Clarion 10"
Jump to top TboneM3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Aug-18-2016, 02:58:10 PM   #30
noxious
Breaker of things
 
noxious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 500
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 noxious is on a distinguished road
Location: Bay Area

Philippines




Default Re: Real CSL trunk or not? Good price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by idntknow2005 View Post
I think it's a good.idea to stay away from ANYTHING from vac. Yes, they may have some cool idea's but the owner is a complete dbag.
This is what I've heard as well, and why I'll be gravitating towards Lang Racing's stroker kit one day :}
__________________
Jump to top noxious is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bootlid or trunk, csl trunk, modbargains, oem, status gruppe tuning

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:56:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
M3Forum.com and M3forum.net is in no way sponsored, endorsed or affiliated by or with BMW NA / BMW AG or any of it's subsidiaries or vendors.
BMW and M3 (E90 M3 | E92 M3 | E93 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | E30 M3) are registered trademarks of BMW AG.
M3Forum Terms of Service
Copyright 1999-2017 M3Forum.com
Discussing Real CSL trunk or not? Good price? in the E46 M3 (2001-2006) Forum - Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006. at BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)