BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Journals
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Journals Do you have a long term project you would like to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old Wed, May-27-2009, 04:21:49 PM   #41
M3erz
Unregistered User..

In the garage:

Kuwait

I would like to see that!

Bored? Click Here!
Jump to top M3erz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, May-27-2009, 04:26:04 PM   #42
0-60Motorsports
Established 1998....

In the garage:

Bahrain

InshaAllah Brother
EURO 04 M3 Mods: GC DA's / Eibach Sways / PF RTABs / RE RCAs / INTRAVEE II / ///MFEST Badges / M5 SMG Knob / VCSL: Bumper + Race Lip, CF Trunk, CF Diffusor / DIETZ TV in Motion / SuperSprint: Stepped Headers, Cat Deletes, Res X-pipe, Sport Muffler / Z8 Starter Button / Lamin-X / STM Paddles / OEM CSL: Steering, Interior, Intake, CF Roof / Terra MSS54HP CSL Clone + TTFS Tune / BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ / ST40's / DINAN RSB / RE Race Brace / BW Oil Cooler / 3.91 gears / Radium OCC
Jump to top 0-60Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, May-27-2009, 04:33:17 PM   #43
///power///

In the garage:

Saudi Arabia

Congats Bro. Masha2 Allah, a dream came true..

'06 E60 ///M5 SMG AW/Black - Sold
'02 E46 ///M3 6 Speed TiAg/Black - Sold
'98 E36 ///M3 Estoril Blue - History
Jump to top ///power/// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, May-27-2009, 05:23:47 PM   #44
0-60Motorsports
Established 1998....

In the garage:

Bahrain

Thanks Bro! Hope to see you soon
EURO 04 M3 Mods: GC DA's / Eibach Sways / PF RTABs / RE RCAs / INTRAVEE II / ///MFEST Badges / M5 SMG Knob / VCSL: Bumper + Race Lip, CF Trunk, CF Diffusor / DIETZ TV in Motion / SuperSprint: Stepped Headers, Cat Deletes, Res X-pipe, Sport Muffler / Z8 Starter Button / Lamin-X / STM Paddles / OEM CSL: Steering, Interior, Intake, CF Roof / Terra MSS54HP CSL Clone + TTFS Tune / BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ / ST40's / DINAN RSB / RE Race Brace / BW Oil Cooler / 3.91 gears / Radium OCC
Old Thu, Jun-18-2009, 01:56:45 PM   #45
0-60Motorsports
Established 1998....

In the garage:

Bahrain

Update: After getting the K & N intake i loved the sound and felt a power increase on the butt dyno! Sound was so nice i didnt wana drive with the windows up! Well along come summer and 120f heat wave with 100% humidity, I had already seen Mikymu Kill the heat soak off on his K&N intake using an ECIS heat shield and replacements filter with maf screen housing. http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=167570

Here are the pics of the shield and new filter:

Install coming tomorrow or after tomorrow if the weather is not too hot, which right now is 45c!!!!!!!!
Old Thu, Jun-18-2009, 03:17:19 PM   #46
PKumarM3
Banned

India

with the csl bumper, your already eliminating all forms of brake cooling and you are eliminating MORE air flow to the intake (there is more of an opening on the stock bumper). the direct air flow is ok from the CSL bumper, but the OEM bumper gives you brake cooling too. 2 is always better than one - unless you are talking about chins (double chin < single chin)

and now you are adding heat soak to your intake system, regardless of the "heat soak" fix that mikymu provided. heat will get through regardless. and hamper performance.

i would stay with stock air box my man! it is sealed, and provides the best performance. plus u are eliminating heat soak from the equation w/the stock box. get the bimmerworld boot, and replace your filters often due to the excessive dust and sand in the air out there. I would stick w/oem filters since they are cheap and you can change em once a month when it gets bad or once every 3 months.

ive been reading alot of your posts.

why don't you upgrade your radiator, add an oil cooler with your own brackets, keep the stock air-box, and get the bmw motorsport thermostat? that way your car will run a lot cooler!

eliminate the variables that could create heat soak, motor heating issues, and your brakes overworking (k&n filter and csl front bumper). i know how hot the desert gets!!!

Last edited by PKumarM3; Thu, Jun-18-2009 at 03:20:52 PM.
Jump to top PKumarM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jun-18-2009, 03:34:52 PM   #47
0-60Motorsports
Established 1998....

In the garage:

Bahrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKumarM3 View Post
with the csl bumper, your already eliminating all forms of brake cooling and you are eliminating MORE air flow to the intake (there is more of an opening on the stock bumper). the direct air flow is ok from the CSL bumper, but the OEM bumper gives you brake cooling too. 2 is always better than one - unless you are talking about chins (double chin < single chin)

and now you are adding heat soak to your intake system, regardless of the "heat soak" fix that mikymu provided. heat will get through regardless. and hamper performance.

i would stay with stock air box my man! it is sealed, and provides the best performance. plus u are eliminating heat soak from the equation w/the stock box. get the bimmerworld boot, and replace your filters often due to the excessive dust and sand in the air out there. I would stick w/oem filters since they are cheap and you can change em once a month when it gets bad or once every 3 months.

ive been reading alot of your posts.

why don't you upgrade your radiator, add an oil cooler with your own brackets, keep the stock air-box, and get the bmw motorsport thermostat? that way your car will run a lot cooler!

eliminate the variables that could create heat soak, motor heating issues, and your brakes overworking (k&n filter and csl front bumper). i know how hot the desert gets!!!
Thanks for the input man! Ok im gona keep the CSL bumper for now even though i am on the look out for an OEM M3 bumper for track days. I dont drive my car hard at all on the street! Trust me i drive like a grand ma! BUT ITS FRICKIN HOT over here!

The radiator & oil cooler is an upgrade for sure int he future but it'll cost $2000 to do that not inc labor and right now im saving up for another Daily Driver. I'll do more cooling mods in the near future, just wana do them all together and not one by one. Cheers.
Old Thu, Jun-18-2009, 03:48:17 PM   #48
PKumarM3
Banned

India

whatever makes you happy

you should look into some d/a or turner pulleys. let the motor work as efficiently as possible since you may be decreasing its efficiency with the other stuff.

good luck w/the car though
Jump to top PKumarM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jun-18-2009, 04:35:51 PM   #49
0-60Motorsports
Established 1998....

In the garage:

Bahrain

Ok guys today is my birthday and I'm so glad these parts arrived today and I installed them today. It is 42c outside right now and its 19:35 and my car feels like I just installed the oem airbox back! The car feels smooth and oem like but louder cos of the intake. Also compared ro this afternoon it feels faster and so much smoother, no hesitation in traffic. I LIKE, A LOT!
Old Thu, Jun-18-2009, 05:36:45 PM   #50
phat///M3
- OEM CSL Baby -

England

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKumarM3 View Post
whatever makes you happy

you should look into some d/a or turner pulleys. let the motor work as efficiently as possible since you may be decreasing its efficiency with the other stuff.

good luck w/the car though
If the CSL bumper was really that bad I dont think it would've been on the CSL to start with, now would it?

People that track CSL's upgrade the brakes, but that's just because the standard brakes aren't that good on track.

Ever since you took your bumper (CSL stuff) off to pay for some other mods all you do is hate on CSL stuff.

Ejaz's car looks good with it on (which was his aim) and it suits his purpose fine. He's trying to find a solution to have an aftermarket intake with as little heat soak as possible, we all know how great the stock intake is, but thats not the point of his last mods.
H&R OEM Aero Kit JCW Chrome Mirrors 17" Split Rims Black Front grills & side grills Recaro Child seat

- OEM CSL BABY -
Jump to top phat///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote