BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Fri, Dec-29-2017, 03:27:21 PM   #31
bmw m3 s50
Why So Serious ? :}

Portugal

Default Re: How to proceed with (parking lot) hit and run with some information on the driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITT M3 RR View Post
They all deny it I just had a trial...that's right a non july trial for this. Talk about tax waste. The non tax payers eat the surplus in everyway.

DOCKET

That's all public record so have at it.

Anyway, I was given a plate, green van with stickers and maybe an old white guy driving...ran it and found it was a temp plate ( no owner or veh info). I did see that the neighboring department pulled the car over a few weeks prior though. I got the ID of who was driving when they stopped it, then tracked down the dealership that issued the temp tag.

Got smooth with the lady on the phone and talked her into giving me the owner info and vin of the car (VIN says suspended type F = no insurance). Owner was the chick in the docket above and her husband. Address was some bum**** place like 40 minutes away. Called that PD to make contact and look for the van with neg results. Then I checked the ID of the girl that was checked when the other department stopped it and went to that address which was in my town, no van, no answer.

Found the husband through our record system and went there, no van, no husband, but his father was home. Said the two are in a shitty divorce, but the chick from the docket has had the van for months.

Took her name and went to the grocery store for camera access at the time of the accident, of course they were down so I had them pull the savings card purchase and usage history of the van owners. It showed someone checked out right before the crash buying advil, Mt dew and oragel.

Next day I checked back at the address in our town and there's this shitty van with damage at the back with the stickers all over it. Now the plate matched sure, but I needed to know if it was the husband or wife driving.

Knocked on the door, got the wife and lied. I said I was trying to jam her husband up (knowing they were in a crappy divorce) and asked about what she did the whole day prior. She spilled the beans...blah blah blah 230 at the grocery store blah blah blah. oragel mt dew and medicine blah blah.

Then I told her the real reason for my visit, explained that she just put her self at giant eagle at the exact time, showed her the damage and told her she was suspended / type F. She cried "ill pay blah blah" I summoned her (vehicle was occupied when hit) she never showed so it got sent to big time court, at court she denied ever being there, saying she never hit anyone or ever spoke to me. Obviously I won...but look at the docket...it's taken a year + to settle this Trust me the effort is made. I could have stopped right at temp tag and told the guy sorry, there's no way...It's all in the Officer you get. This is a great job because you can do as much or as little as you want.

It's entirely dependent. Obviously you'll get better service where guys are making 120K a year and have structure Vs $9/hr, but you get the point.
WOW, I am surprised that hit common pleas God, I love our court system. I guess she since missed the date at the magisterial district court there was not other choice.

See that's EXACTLY my point. You got that through admission, to be able to issue the summons. Had she simply refused to cooperate or answer questions, to provide the confession, would have you issued the summons? Would there have been any grounds had she not answered and broke down and you did not witness it.

Obviously your testimony as a sworn officer stating she confessed during your encounter with her super cedes her denying it after the fact which helped that case.

I definitely agree it is officer dependent, but there is limitations without the credible evidence needed to start the process.
Jump to top bmw m3 s50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, Dec-29-2017, 03:29:12 PM   #32
bmw m3 s50
Why So Serious ? :}

Portugal

Default Re: How to proceed with (parking lot) hit and run with some information on the driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITT M3 RR View Post
S50 you seem to have had some bad experiences and that sucks, but I'm telling you man, its not what you think.
Yep. trust me been there, done that, bought the T-shirt to realize how screwed up it is.

As you can tell it's a sore subject for me realizing certain realities. I am SUPER interested to see how it turns out and if this guy pays up.
Jump to top bmw m3 s50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Dec-29-2017, 03:42:05 PM   #33
PITT M3 RR
PA

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post
WOW, I am surprised that hit common pleas God, I love our court system. I guess since missed the date at the magisterial district court there was not other choice.

See that's EXACTLY my point. You got that through admission, to be able to issue the summons. Had she simply refused to cooperate or answer questions, to provide the confession, would have you issued the summons? Would there have been any grounds had she not answered and broke down and you did not witness it.

Obviously your testimony as a sworn officer stating she confessed during your encounter with her super cedes her denying it after the fact which helped that case.

I definitely agree it is officer dependent, but there is limitations without the credible evidence needed to start the process.
Absolutely I would have. She was in physical possession of the van, a listed owner and had been pulled over driving the van weeks prior. I know the husband has not had it because of the divorce and that they have not been in contact. Lastly the van was damaged and matched the description.

Remember at court, she denied ever admitting fault or being there and then changed her tune stating that she was there, but never knew she hit anyone. Judges aren't dumb, politically we don't always agree, but they're very smart.

Also, believe it or not, me testifying that she confessed means NOTHING, hold zero weight. Hell I could do that every time. I should have gotten her confession written and signed. The ruling was made due to the fact she stated that she was not there, then said she was there and remembers people yelling behind her, but she said that she didn't know why. The judge said that a reasonable person would have stopped to determine why they were being flagged down.

Go to your local court house sometimes and have a sit down...watch the shenanigans ppl are crazy.
Old Fri, Dec-29-2017, 07:22:19 PM   #34
Good
@GOOD_M3

In the garage:

Australia

Ive had multiple experiences with hit and runs where i have actually in one circumstance recorded the driver backing off my friends car with all the damage on the runners car along with the license plate; except after going straight to the police station and finding out that there is no proof that it was the owner driving therefore it gets thrown into the jar of all the other hit and runs that unfortunately probably will never be solved :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modifications:

- Complete SuperSprint Exhaust: Stepped V1 Headers, Race Catted Sec 1, Resonated X-Pipe Sec 2, Sport (Gen 2) Sec 3.
- Karbonius CSL Airbox (Alpha N) w/ Flap and Oil Catch Can
- KW V2 w/ Ground Control Camber Plates
Jump to top Good is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Dec-29-2017, 07:53:50 PM   #35
Da Jemster
Institutionalized User

Philippines

Good luck Ian! Sorry about this hassle.

2008 E93 - AW - DCT - Stock...for now

2004 E46///CB-BLK///SMG II///D/A tuned///AFE Stg 2///SS Stepped///SS Metallic Cats///Eisenmann SS X-pipe///SS Race///4.10 diff///ACS CF Front Lip///6000K Xenons & Fogs///CF Grills & Gills///Angel Eyes///Clear Corners w/Solaris///Painted Reflectors///Black'd Sides & Tails///TEIN S
Jump to top Da Jemster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Dec-29-2017, 11:52:40 PM   #36
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whoore

Philippines

Default How to proceed with (parking lot) hit and run with some information on the driver?

Glad to hear nobody got injured. I would file a report with the given info to the police and your insurance. Let the police find the registered owner. Let your insurance go after the other party involved. At this point focus on getting the car repaired. Once the insurance determines who the other car was, they will make them pay your deductible.

Tischer aka GetBmwParts
Jump to top daytonaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Dec-30-2017, 12:31:27 AM   #37
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Turns out our deductible on hit and runs is $0.

So, police report filed-- hoping the jerk gets caught.

But, the car is dropped off at the body shop and the insurance claim is made. I just need to figure out what I want to wrap in with the paint cost (low extra cost for more) while it's there-- e.g. roof rack delete rails, do I do M3 mirrors (probably, but it's not a simple mod), M sport front bumper....

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, 03 530i, 04 M3 wagon, and some boring stuff
Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car
Jump to top Obioban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Dec-30-2017, 01:44:12 AM   #38
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whoore

Philippines

Default How to proceed with (parking lot) hit and run with some information on the driver?

I would upgrade to something like this :-). Bumper and mirrors

Tischer aka GetBmwParts
Jump to top daytonaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Dec-30-2017, 08:14:04 PM   #39
khanyam3

Cambodia

Damn the driver should be fertilizer. Good luck OB the o g.

2004 BMW ///M3
Jump to top khanyam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Dec-30-2017, 11:14:53 PM   #40
Braymond141

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
On the plus side: Time for M3 mirrors
Sorry to see this Ian. I laughed at the end though as I was thinking exactly the same thing.
Jump to top Braymond141 is online now   Reply With Quote