BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

View Poll Results: Please ONLY VOTE if you sincerely plan to participate. No dreamers.
Option A: - Even at only 5% off - I'm in and ready to commit!! 6 9.84%
Option B: - Even at only 5% off - I'm in and ready to commit!! 1 1.64%
Option A: Only if the discount is 10% or greater am I ready to commit to this! 28 45.90%
Option B: Only if the discount is 10% or greater am I ready to commit to this! 13 21.31%
I don't care if the discount ends up being only 5% or 10% off - I want this! Let's do this!!! 11 18.03%
Eh... Thanks for the effort, but there just is NOT enough value with either discount - Count Me Out! 7 11.48%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old Tue, Feb-28-2017, 12:04:32 AM   #41
Braymond141

United States

Default Re: OE CSL Boot Lid - Group-Buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSNYC View Post
I've been tracking their prices pretty closely for the last year and never saw that discount. They did have a late Black Friday sale, but this wasn't part of it. This is a eur/usd play right now. Could go lower in 6 months or be hit with a 20% border adjustment tax. That's the risk.

As of today, their regular retail pricing of approx. $1150 (all-in delivered) for OE CSL lids seems like the new standard. If a group buy can shave anything off that cost, it's icing on the cake.

The sale was December 2nd. $1018 shipped before fees.

$713.66 was the base price for the lid. $1043.42 after all fees.

Last edited by Braymond141; Tue, Feb-28-2017 at 12:38:45 AM.
Jump to top Braymond141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Feb-28-2017, 12:38:05 AM   #42
Hernan1990

Puerto Rico

Im in for whatever discount. I was going to buy regardless.

Is there a timeframe for us to meet the numbers?
Old Tue, Feb-28-2017, 12:41:58 AM   #43
cmenard

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hernan1990 View Post

Ditto
Jump to top cmenard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Feb-28-2017, 12:43:06 AM   #44
11b4

United States

If you can get it to be direct ship to the buyer I would highly consider it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jump to top 11b4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Feb-28-2017, 12:49:35 AM   #45
Avplayer

In the garage:

United States

Possibly interested
Jump to top Avplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Feb-28-2017, 12:56:25 AM   #46
Dr M3an M3
My name is NOT Dan!

In the garage:

United States

UPDATE (also posted pasted into the 1st page): Be patient with me guys as it might take a few days to hear a reply from Schmiedmann, BUT after some further help and discussion about pricing, we might be able to get a deeper discount than the 10% listed. Nothing is set in stone, so I am reluctant to say more just quite yet, but if it works out, I think everyone will be more than pleased with the results. Keep your fingers crossed and send good vibes. I will update this post when there is something concrete to go off of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hernan1990 View Post

I would like to run this thread for at least a week to make sure people have time to see it and get finances in order. I have no timeline and Schmiedmann did not mention anything in that regard. I suppose we can keep it open for however long you all think is reasonable.

Until all the details and pricing is finalized, I have no plans to set a time limit. I just wanted to get the word out there while I am working on it, since there was plenty of interest on here and since Schmiedmann was receptive to the idea. I didn't want to invest time into this, if there was not a large enough interest. With the help of other forum members, I knew we might get farther than just me working on this alone. I will let you know if this changes as further details develop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11b4 View Post
If you can get it to be direct ship to the buyer I would highly consider it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Unless something drastic changes (doubtful), this GB will be directly through Schmiedmann. I personally cannot commit to the time invested or nor would I be comfortable with the responsibility associated of having everything shipped to me, then have to worry about inspecting items, repackaging, and then the countless trips it would take to reship, let alone deal with any potential damage or returns...that would be a nightmare. With my schedule, that just wouldn't be possible or fair to anyone involved and I don't expect anyone with a solid enough reputation would want to volunteer for all the headaches that would entail, especially since this is being worked out for no compensation to myself or others. Going directly through Schmiedmann would eliminate all of that. Returns would be easy and the packages would be ensured.

Mods: Maintenance, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, BBS LMs w/ PSS, RE El Diablo exhaust (Titanium), CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, KW V3 Coilovers, Amber corners, Angel-eyes, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, CSL Dynamic Redline Warmup Light parameters.

Please PM me - In search of:
-- Street DD friendly Camber Plates compatible with KW V3 Coilovers
-- Wanting to Trade basically brand new Eagle Eye Smoked Reverse Trunk Lights for a pair that are Non-smoked
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Feb-28-2017, 12:58:42 AM   #47
Braymond141

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
Returns would be easy and the packages would be ensured.
You should know that Schmiedmann offers ZERO support post sale. I love them, don't get me wrong. Returns are not going to happen, trust me.

They will also ship the lids in the original BMW packaging with no additional packaging. Some will see minor damage.
Old Tue, Feb-28-2017, 01:03:48 AM   #48
tjkenny15

In the garage:

United States

If I wasn't in the process of buying a house, I'd be totally in. Thanks for setting this awesome group buy up
Old Tue, Feb-28-2017, 01:08:16 AM   #49
Dr M3an M3
My name is NOT Dan!

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braymond141 View Post
You should know that Schmiedmann offers ZERO support post sale. I love them, don't get me wrong. Returns are not going to happen, trust me.

They will also ship the lids in the original BMW packaging with no additional packaging. Some will see minor damage.
What support are you referring too?

This is what I know about, and if purchased directly through them, would apply:
Return Guide
Terms of Sale

Let me know if I am reading that incorrectly (No snark. I say this sincerely!)

I will be happy to look into this further. If it needs to be in personalized writing from Schmiedmann, I will be happy to pursue it. I want this to be a positive experience and having these issues spoken upon and addressed ahead of time is the exact reason why I decided to post this thread when I did. I want to make sure all issues, questions, or concerns are addressed ahead of time before moving forward, and I knew as a community, these would be identified more effectively. Their shipping should be insured for any damages accrued via transit. That risk and headache should be no different than purchasing it anywhere else or if purchasing from them without the group discount code.

Mods: Maintenance, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, BBS LMs w/ PSS, RE El Diablo exhaust (Titanium), CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, KW V3 Coilovers, Amber corners, Angel-eyes, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, CSL Dynamic Redline Warmup Light parameters.

Please PM me - In search of:
-- Street DD friendly Camber Plates compatible with KW V3 Coilovers
-- Wanting to Trade basically brand new Eagle Eye Smoked Reverse Trunk Lights for a pair that are Non-smoked

Last edited by Dr M3an M3; Tue, Feb-28-2017 at 01:11:31 AM.
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Feb-28-2017, 01:15:13 AM   #50
Braymond141

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
What support are you referring too?

This is what I know about, and if purchased directly through them, would apply:
Return Guide
Terms of Sale

Let me know if I am reading that incorrectly (No snark. I say this sincerely!)

I will be happy to look into this further. If it needs to be in personalized writing from Schmiedmann, I will be happy to pursue it. I want this to be a positive experience and having these issues spoken upon and addressed ahead of time is the exact reason why I decided to post this thread when I did. I want to make sure all issues, questions, or concerns are addressed ahead of time before moving forward, and I knew as a community, these would be identified more effectively. Their shipping should be insured for any damages accrued via transit. That risk and headache should be no different than purchasing it anywhere else or if purchasing from them without the group discount code.
It's just the way they are. None of those terms apply, they just ignore you. Very good support pre-sale, nothing after. I still deal with them knowing this. They are not going to accept returns, especially on discounted items like this. Any damages will have to be dealt with through DHL... but don't expect too much return there due to the way they ship them. Any buyers remorse people should expect to take it upon themselves to resell it to reclaim money.

Many of use have used Schmiedmann for awhile now. This is first hand experience. They are in Denmark. There is no easy way for them to help anyone in the US so it makes sense.

I fully support this GB and still encourage people to get onboard. I've never personally had any shipping damages and they are incredibly fast. People should just be aware of what to expect.

Last edited by Braymond141; Tue, Feb-28-2017 at 01:23:24 AM.