BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>
Loading


Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Misc > Off Topic > Sports
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Sports All things sports!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Fri, Dec-02-2016, 07:04:54 PM   #41
Jack Sparrow
This was hard to write
 
Jack Sparrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 10,070
Reputation: 0 Jack Sparrow has a spectacular aura about
Location: Homeless

Pakistan




Default Re: 2017 Formula 1 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggb View Post
Was 99% luck to to be in a car that contributed 99% of the reason he won the championship. Don't make it out like he had anything to do with winning. Right place right time. Maldonado could have won the championship in that car.
How do you explain Jenson beating Lewis in 2011?
__________________
MUNEEB: $ + B
Jump to top Jack Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, Dec-02-2016, 07:05:32 PM   #42
StJamesM
Store Bay
 
StJamesM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 6,590
Reputation: 0 StJamesM has disabled reputation

Trinidad and Tobago




Default Re: 2017 Formula 1 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggb View Post
Was 99% luck to to be in a car that contributed 99% of the reason he won the championship. Don't make it out like he had anything to do with winning. Right place right time. Maldonado could have won the championship in that car.
you are a bit biased..


it takes a certain amount of driver consistency to win an entire season... you realize its several months of hard work ...
__________________
'99 e36M-5mt
'12 e92M-6mt

Akrapovic Evolution Titanium Exhaust [no Cats], GruppeM Intake, Evolve-R ECU, Eriscsson front bumper, Ericsson Amuse trunk lid, Strasse forged SM8, Bilstein B12 sportline
past
- F355GTS-6mt
- JCW CooperS

Quote:
in a perfect world i'd have a singer and a fully restored goat, period
Jump to top StJamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Dec-02-2016, 07:06:14 PM   #43
StJamesM
Store Bay
 
StJamesM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 6,590
Reputation: 0 StJamesM has disabled reputation

Trinidad and Tobago




Default Re: 2017 Formula 1 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
How do you explain Jenson beating Lewis in 2011?
he doesnt.. hes biased...
__________________
'99 e36M-5mt
'12 e92M-6mt

Akrapovic Evolution Titanium Exhaust [no Cats], GruppeM Intake, Evolve-R ECU, Eriscsson front bumper, Ericsson Amuse trunk lid, Strasse forged SM8, Bilstein B12 sportline
past
- F355GTS-6mt
- JCW CooperS

Quote:
in a perfect world i'd have a singer and a fully restored goat, period
Jump to top StJamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Dec-02-2016, 07:08:41 PM   #44
vmchurch
Registered User
 
vmchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,497
Reputation: 0 vmchurch is on a distinguished road
Location: NFL Owner

United States




Default Re: 2017 Formula 1 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenfifteen View Post
As ever, pure class from Hamilton:

“This is the first time he has won in 18 years, hence why it was not a surprise that he decided to stop.”
Aaaaand we're back to the ridiculous Lewis hate that we all enjoyed so much in the 2016 thread

I get it, some people have such blind hatred for one driver that they take every opportunity to post about their hatred, as if the rest of us want to read it. Move the f*ck on and contribute something else to the discussion for once.

For those who are interested in the entire article, here is a link that could have easily been posted.....instead of quoting the portion that just so happened to fit into the narrative that someone wanted to convey

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ro...milton-856219/

Quote:
"He's got a family to focus on, and wants more children, and F1 takes so much time. Will I miss the rivalry? Of course.

""The sport will miss him but I wish him all the best. I am sure it is a surprise to many people. I am probably the only person who thought it was not a surprise because I've known him a long time, but this is motor racing," Hamilton said.

"This is the first time he has won in 18 years, hence why it was not a surprise that he decided to stop.

We had always talked about being champions and when I joined this team and Nico was there, which is also something we talked about when we were kids.

"It is definitely something very strange and it'll be sad to not have him in the team next year."

"I owe so much to Mercedes, who got me to Formula 1, and have enabled me to achieve what I have achieved. I'm very proud to have been a part of the brand and the team – and I'm looking forward to continue, but who knows, maybe mine is coming soon."
Honestly I'd be surprised if Alonso or Pascal aren't in that seat. Anyone else would be interesting but out of left field.
__________________
"I remember thinking on that trip that the E46 M3 owner had no reason to be jealous of any other supercar owner. A large part of me still feels the same" - Chris Harris
Jump to top vmchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Dec-02-2016, 07:11:25 PM   #45
greggb
Registered User
 
greggb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Age: 34
Posts: 9,902
Reputation: 0 greggb is an unknown quantity at this point

South Africa




Default Re: 2017 Formula 1 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
How do you explain Jenson beating Lewis in 2011?
Was Hamiltons year of run-ins and penalties. Plus Hamilton failed to score in the last race, Brazil, which led to Button gaining the points advantage. Reliabilty also hurt Hamilton massivley and yet overall Hamilton still owned Button.

Hamilton v Button stats compared (2010, 2011 and 2012)

Qualifying
Faster qualifying time: Hamilton 44 / Button 14
Poles: Hamilton 9 / Button 1
Front rows: Hamilton: 23 / Button 9

Races
Wins: Hamilton 10 / Button 8
Podiums: Hamilton 22 / Button 25
Points finishes: Hamilton 45 / Button 47
DNFs: Hamilton 13 / Button 8
Best race result (inc DNFs): Hamilton 32 / Button 26
Ahead in two-car finish: Hamilton 24 / Button 13

Championship
Seasons finished higher in standings: Hamilton 2 / Button 1
Highest championship placing: Hamilton 4th (2010, 2012) / Button 2nd (2011)
__________________


Quote:
By M3n00b:
Who teh fuk is this Canadiot?

Last edited by greggb; Fri, Dec-02-2016 at 07:14:53 PM.
Jump to top greggb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Dec-02-2016, 07:17:49 PM   #46
Jack Sparrow
This was hard to write
 
Jack Sparrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 10,070
Reputation: 0 Jack Sparrow has a spectacular aura about
Location: Homeless

Pakistan




Default Re: 2017 Formula 1 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggb View Post
Was Hamiltons year of run-ins and penalties. Plus Hamilton failed to score in the last race, Brazil, which led to Button gaining the points advantage. Reliabilty also hurt Hamilton massivley and yet overall Hamilton still owned Button.

Hamilton v Button stats compared (2010, 2011 and 2012)

Qualifying
Faster qualifying time: Hamilton 44 / Button 14
Poles: Hamilton 9 / Button 1
Front rows: Hamilton: 23 / Button 9

Races
Wins: Hamilton 10 / Button 8
Podiums: Hamilton 22 / Button 25
Points finishes: Hamilton 45 / Button 47
DNFs: Hamilton 13 / Button 8
Best race result (inc DNFs): Hamilton 32 / Button 26
Ahead in two-car finish: Hamilton 24 / Button 13

Championship
Seasons finished higher in standings: Hamilton 2 / Button 1
Highest championship placing: Hamilton 4th (2010, 2012) / Button 2nd (2011)
lol...you got that from James Allen's site. Funny how you left out total points scored.

Quote:
Championship
Overall points: Hamilton 657 / Button 672
Make all the excuses you want, you under-rate Jenson, hate Lewis (irrationally), what more could we ask of our South African Trump?
__________________
MUNEEB: $ + B
Jump to top Jack Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Dec-02-2016, 07:18:14 PM   #47
Jack Sparrow
This was hard to write
 
Jack Sparrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 10,070
Reputation: 0 Jack Sparrow has a spectacular aura about
Location: Homeless

Pakistan




Default Re: 2017 Formula 1 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmchurch View Post
Aaaaand we're back to the ridiculous Lewis hate that we all enjoyed so much in the 2016 thread

I get it, some people have such blind hatred for one driver that they take every opportunity to post about their hatred, as if the rest of us want to read it. Move the f*ck on and contribute something else to the discussion for once.

For those who are interested in the entire article, here is a link that could have easily been posted.....instead of quoting the portion that just so happened to fit into the narrative that someone wanted to convey

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ro...milton-856219/



Honestly I'd be surprised if Alonso or Pascal aren't in that seat. Anyone else would be interesting but out of left field.
Preach.
__________________
MUNEEB: $ + B
Jump to top Jack Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Dec-02-2016, 07:18:58 PM   #48
Cha5en
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11,005
Reputation: 0 Cha5en is on a distinguished road
Location: PNW

United States




Default Re: 2017 Formula 1 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dal View Post
F1 teams have started testing the wider, fatter 2017 tyres at Abu Dhabi.







The Ferrari wing looks epic, or is it just me?

The wing style with the massive tires def reminds me of the baddass 80's cars
__________________
Education Reform

Jump to top Cha5en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Dec-02-2016, 07:21:02 PM   #49
tenfifteen
Pale Geek Rigour
 
tenfifteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 34,192
Reputation: 153 tenfifteen is a splendid one to beholdtenfifteen is a splendid one to behold
Location: MD/C

United States




Default Re: 2017 Formula 1 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
As much as you hate Lewis, this isn't about him. It's about Nico retiring. Do we need to bring up how pouty Nico was last year when Lewis won? I don't remember seeing any posts on social media from Nico. Again, beyond the point. He's retired and there is a seat available for someone.
I hate Lewis because of his actions, not just because he exists/is good. Whether he did/didn't congratulate Lewis last year doesn't impact how tw@tty/backhanded Lewis's words have been so far.

"Blind hatred." Yeah, okay. Pitch til you win, VM
__________________
Jump to top tenfifteen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Dec-02-2016, 07:23:24 PM   #50
Cha5en
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11,005
Reputation: 0 Cha5en is on a distinguished road
Location: PNW

United States




Default Re: 2017 Formula 1 season

Cross your fingers that 2017 will be like this:

__________________
Education Reform

Jump to top Cha5en is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:32:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
M3Forum.com and M3forum.net is in no way sponsored, endorsed or affiliated by or with BMW NA / BMW AG or any of it's subsidiaries or vendors.
BMW and M3 (E90 M3 | E92 M3 | E93 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | E30 M3) are registered trademarks of BMW AG.
M3Forum Terms of Service
Copyright ©1999-2017 M3Forum.com
Discussing 2017 Formula 1 season in the Sports Forum - All things sports! at BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)