BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Journals
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Journals Do you have a long term project you would like to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old Mon, Jan-12-2015, 07:02:29 AM   #31
DER E46
Apex Hunter

United States

Default Re: Westophers e36 technoviolet M3/2/5 ownership dialogue not worthy of calling a bui

Beautiful car! TV is the best e36 color!
'02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT Nov. 01 build purchased 3-12-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazenXLT View Post
"Low RPMs aren't useless. One must, by some means, warm the car up."
-Obioban
Jump to top DER E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Jan-12-2015, 01:13:27 PM   #32
W///

In the garage:

Thailand

Default Re: Westophers e36 technoviolet M3/2/5 ownership dialogue not worthy of calling a bui

Awesome! I'm driving my E36 through some crappy weather for the next week in a row (been lazy and haven't checked tire pressure in a while, was low 5 PSI on all corners).

Please let me know when you install the new spoiler. Did you get it new or used? I've been toying with the idea of one as well (We really are twins, minus the fact that your interior blows mine out of the water).
Old Tue, Jan-13-2015, 01:20:45 AM   #33
westopher

Canada

Thanks guys, picked up some stuff from my mailbox in the states today so got to fixing a couple nagging problems that bugged me today.
Fixed all the broken clips on my rear door card, new clips on the side mouldings to tighten them up.
Stuff to go in still is floor mats to go in the spring, yellow LEDs for city lights in the headlights, new bowden cable for the driver seat since it won't fold properly, Z3 passenger floor parcel net, and the LTW wing. Still need to find 1 more LTW 17x8.5 wheel so I can go squared set.
Untitled by westophervan, on Flickr
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Please let me know when you install the new spoiler. Did you get it new or used? I've been toying with the idea of one as well (We really are twins, minus the fact that your interior blows mine out of the water).
I'll keep you posted. I'm heading to the body shop tomorrow that was recommended by a friend with an e39 M5 locally as they want to check out the car and give an estimate. They work with mostly porsches, ferraris, etc so hopefully they are good enough to match 16 year old e36 paint, although I haven't seen any paint on a new ferrari or porsche (other than mexico or riviera blue) I'd take over mine.
I got the wing from abrahams motorsport and from what I have seen they are the absolutely only option for an LTW wing other than stock. There are tons of reps out there and so many of them look like ****ing garbage. Fitment looks like it will be great, and from those I've seen in person are that were ordered from these guys.

98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 99k and soon to be worthless on BAT
Member journal. http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=491859
Jump to top westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jan-13-2015, 01:58:49 AM   #34
W///

In the garage:

Thailand

Cool. On something as obvious as the trunk, I'd need a good fitting piece. I've never had any luck with rep items for the e92.

I'm sure they'll do a good job matching. I ordered an ebay lip spoiler painted for $55 shipped. It was a little too wide, but paint match was surprisingly good haha
Old Tue, Jan-13-2015, 02:09:53 AM   #35
westopher

Canada

Check out Paolo m3s build a few posts down. He has the same wing. Looks awesome on his car.
Heres a link to 35 page thread that has comparisons of a lot of the different LTW reps and oem.
http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...-Thread/page32

Last edited by westopher; Tue, Jan-13-2015 at 02:14:17 AM.
Old Mon, Feb-09-2015, 10:51:17 PM   #36
westopher

Canada

Put in my new floor mats. What a difference they make. Also ordered a set of LTW/gt carbon door sills. Nothing else new. Bored on my week off wishing the weather wasn't so shitty.
Untitled by westophervan, on Flickr

Old Thu, Apr-16-2015, 08:06:41 AM   #37
westopher

Canada

Nothing new but a picture. Had a good trackday a few weeks ago, replaced vanos gasket and some pulleys/belts. Trying to put a spending hiatus on the car other than maintenance and just enjoy it for what it is this summer! Its hard though.

Old Thu, Apr-16-2015, 08:32:52 AM   #38
SteadyAim.

In the garage:

Philippines

Clean example of a proper E36. Wish I had the funds to work on mine, but I'm too focused on the other car
Ground Control Coilovers | OZ Futuras

DD: '97 Alpine White M3/4/5
Jump to top SteadyAim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Apr-16-2015, 08:57:42 AM   #39
Paolo_M3

United States

Can you just do daily photo uploads of this car?
2006 E46 M3 Interlagos/Gray Slicktop
Jump to top Paolo_M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Apr-16-2015, 10:09:58 AM   #40
TheGenius46M

In the garage:

United States

So clean, so perfect.

]

My Build Thread | My Build Journal | Instagram:@thegenius46m
Jump to top TheGenius46M is offline   Reply With Quote