BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Journals
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Journals Do you have a long term project you would like to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old Sat, Nov-29-2014, 08:05:38 PM   #21
westopher

Canada

Default Re: Westophers e36 technoviolet M3/2/5 ownership dialogue not worthy of calling a bui

Some cars look good with clears, but I don't think techno is one of them. I like my ambers a lot. It just suits the 90's look.

98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 100k and officially worthless.
Member journal. http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=491859
Jump to top westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sat, Nov-29-2014, 09:05:29 PM   #22
W///

In the garage:

Thailand

Default Re: Westophers e36 technoviolet M3/2/5 ownership dialogue not worthy of calling a bui

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Some cars look good with clears, but I don't think techno is one of them. I like my ambers a lot. It just suits the 90's look.
You always make great points haha. I think I'm going to start off with upgraded ZKW lights. Then eventually an OEM trunk spoiler. So pretty much like your car, then eventually decide if I'll stick to the LTWs or go with a set of AC Schnitzers and that should be it for me.

Jump to top W/// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Nov-29-2014, 09:36:28 PM   #23
2manym3s
ballin

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
You always make great points haha. I think I'm going to start off with upgraded ZKW lights. Then eventually an OEM trunk spoiler. So pretty much like your car, then eventually decide if I'll stick to the LTWs or go with a set of AC Schnitzers and that should be it for me.
I have had a few of these, your two cars being some of my favorites, and I personally think going clear is not the way to go. Ambers, when put with ltw's, fm5's (any oem+ wheel) look amazing. As long as they are clean, ambers will always win out on the e36 m3 in my book. Leave your car man, you will thank us later.

1999 Alpine White on Magma Slicktop 5spd Coupe SOLD
1999 Cosmos on Dove 5spd Coupe SOLD
2003 Tiag on Imola Coupe 6spd SOLD
2004 Carbon Black on Cinnamon Coupe SMG SOLD
2011 Space Grey on Fox Red DCT ZCP Coupe SOLD
1999 Cosmos on Black 5spd Coupe SOLD
1999 Cosmos on Sand Beige 5spd Coupe SOLD
2006 Tiag on Imola 6spd Coupe SOLD
2004 Dinan Silver Grey on Black SMG Coupe SOLD
2003 Jet Black on Black 6spd Coupe- Current
Jump to top 2manym3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Nov-30-2014, 12:14:03 AM   #24
W///

In the garage:

Thailand

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manym3s View Post
I have had a few of these, your two cars being some of my favorites, and I personally think going clear is not the way to go. Ambers, when put with ltw's, fm5's (any oem+ wheel) look amazing. As long as they are clean, ambers will always win out on the e36 m3 in my book. Leave your car man, you will thank us later.
Thanks for the compliment! With the E92, I had a very clear direction that I wanted to take, but with the e36, I'm all over the map. I like all lights (ambers, clears and smoked) and also like LTWs and other aftermarket wheels. But between drooling everytime I see the OP's signature and your recommendation I'll probably end up doing just that. Leave ambers, upgrade headlights, find a spoiler and go square LTWs.

This reminds me that I have to start my own journal here

Jump to top W/// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Nov-30-2014, 01:56:29 AM   #25
Tvan
BOILER UP

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Thanks for the compliment! With the E92, I had a very clear direction that I wanted to take, but with the e36, I'm all over the map. I like all lights (ambers, clears and smoked) and also like LTWs and other aftermarket wheels. But between drooling everytime I see the OP's signature and your recommendation I'll probably end up doing just that. Leave ambers, upgrade headlights, find a spoiler and go square LTWs.

This reminds me that I have to start my own journal here
Definitely stick with ambers and go with ZKW's. The projectors make such a world of difference. Sounds like you are on the right track with the E36, personally I think they look strange without the OE or LTW spoiler.
Old Mon, Dec-01-2014, 09:33:19 PM   #26
westopher

Canada

Ready for whistler on friday. Ready to hoon in some snow.
DSC_0295 by westophervan, on Flickr
DSC_0288 by westophervan, on Flickr

Old Sun, Jan-11-2015, 10:02:04 PM   #27
westopher

Canada

Just took my e36 m3 through a 40+cm snowstorm up to whistler, and it got me through it like a champ, so took a few pics of it cleaned up a couple days later. I love this car, especially after a trip like that.
DSC_0375 by westophervan, on Flickr
DSC_0383 by westophervan, on Flickr
DSC_0373 by westophervan, on Flickr
Have an ltw (low) wing, some interior/exterior trim clips to tighten everything up to brand new again and new floor mats to go in/on. Love having this thing to drive all year round. Its where m3s really shine over other sports cars is that they will take you where you want to go, wether its a road trip or a track day.
Heres a potato pic of it after a solid trek through the grime.
Untitled by westophervan, on Flickr
The LTW rep from abrahams. No shitty sag, perfect fitment. Gonna just run the low, although might get risers to run at the track, even though it isn't that functional of a part to satisfy my inner ricer, and since most of my track days are spent with JDM guys.
Untitled by westophervan, on Flickr

Last edited by westopher; Sun, Jan-11-2015 at 10:05:16 PM.
Old Sun, Jan-11-2015, 10:03:28 PM   #28
Paolo_M3

United States

Dat interior
2006 E46 M3 Interlagos/Gray Slicktop
Jump to top Paolo_M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jan-11-2015, 11:40:14 PM   #29
Tchleung

Canada

Super clean E36M. Seen it at Revscene. That interior is to die for!

03 Carbon Black X5 4.4 - Parts Hauler/Daily

02 Carbon Black M3 6MT - Fun Car
462whp/311wtq @ 9.5psi(SuperFlow)
4.10 / Headers / ESS VT2-550+

Jump to top Tchleung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jan-11-2015, 11:54:17 PM   #30
bimmerdriver

In the garage:

Canada

Looks really good. Nice to see a local M3.
2002 (12/2001) M3 6MT Coupe Carbon Black on Black - ZCP/CSL Wheels, 245/35/19 Mich PS2 & 285/30/19 Conti ExtremeContact DW, H&R 15 mm Front Spacers, CSL F/R Brakes, EBC Redstuff, TMS SS F/R Brake Lines, PSS9, TMS F/R Sway Bars, TMS Rear Control Arms, TMS Underdrive Pulleys, TMS/Carbonio Intake, Eisenmann Exhaust, AutoSolutions 30% SSK, BMW Illuminated Shift Knob, BMW Performance Pedals, BMW Performance 4.10 R&P, CDV Delete, Flossmann GTR Carbon Fiber Hood/Trunk, Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser, Euro Front Signal Lights, Euro Rear Tail Lights, Angel Eyes, Homelink

1997 328is 5MT Coupe Madeira Violet on Black - Staggered M Forged Double Spoke Wheels, Bilstein Sport, H&R Sport, M Tech Rear Spoiler (Sold)
Jump to top bimmerdriver is online now   Reply With Quote