BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Misc > Off Topic > Sports
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Sports All things sports!

Old Sat, Mar-18-2017, 12:02:48 AM   #201
vmchurch

United States

Default Re: 2017 Formula 1 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenfifteen View Post
Thought I heard/read something on the McL chassis that said it's impossible to really evaluate since, with the car so down on power, they're having to run very little aero to get any kind of pace out of the car.

Alonso deserves better.
Agreed

They are 30kph down on every straight based on testing, even with limited aero. There's no way they can adequately test that chassis if they are running an engine with that little power.
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sat, Mar-18-2017, 08:15:29 AM   #202
Cha5en

United States

Default 2017 Formula 1 season

Alonso said he was flat out everywhere

And I don't doubt that. Peter Promundododoooo was Adrian Neweys right hand man for a long time. He saw into the that design process Newey is famous for. I don't doubt that the setup is spot on.

Ferrari thus far have shown the most stable car at current speeds. I'm just curious how tuned down Mercedes actually was? They ran an insane amount of laps, so perhaps they were sand bagging more than Ferrari. Either way it looks like Ferrari solved their reliability problems which is a step forward, even if their aero innovation doesn't work as well they believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jump to top Cha5en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Mar-19-2017, 01:34:49 AM   #203
double_R
Rocky

India

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenfifteen View Post
Thought I heard/read something on the McL chassis that said it's impossible to really evaluate since, with the car so down on power, they're having to run very little aero to get any kind of pace out of the car.

Alonso deserves better.
I've heard that as well but Alonso himself stated the McHonda is the second best chassis after RBR according to their data.

http://www.thisisf1.com/2015/09/04/m...d-bull-alonso/

It may just be typical drivel from him
Old Sun, Mar-19-2017, 01:49:20 AM   #204
double_R
Rocky

India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha5en View Post
Alonso said he was flat out everywhere

And I don't doubt that. Peter Promundododoooo was Adrian Neweys right hand man for a long time. He saw into the that design process Newey is famous for. I don't doubt that the setup is spot on.

Ferrari thus far have shown the most stable car at current speeds. I'm just curious how tuned down Mercedes actually was? They ran an insane amount of laps, so perhaps they were sand bagging more than Ferrari. Either way it looks like Ferrari solved their reliability problems which is a step forward, even if their aero innovation doesn't work as well they believe.

Very. They will be sandbagging all the way to Q3 in Melbourne. With some claiming their PU is close to or surpassed the 1000bhp , I still think they will be the team to beat. I just hope Ferrari don't lose the development race throughout the year.
Old Mon, Mar-20-2017, 11:36:15 PM   #205
Cha5en

United States

Gents, we're so close to Sunday..

Old Tue, Mar-21-2017, 01:29:26 AM   #206
10speed

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Gents, we're so close to Sunday..

I should be able to get off work early enough on Thursday night to catch Practice 2.

Also, pink cars on the grid this year.

I am hoping Ferrari can take advantage of what others are saying of them having the fastest car at the moment. +1 on Merc sandbagging. Sound like their engine has been turned down a bit. I would also think the rate of upgrades to the car in the early season will be high. Hopefully Ferrari and Red Bull will keep up with Merc in this area.
Old Tue, Mar-21-2017, 01:44:42 AM   #207
Cha5en

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10speed View Post
I should be able to get off work early enough on Thursday night to catch Practice 2.

Also, pink cars on the grid this year.

I am hoping Ferrari can take advantage of what others are saying of them having the fastest car at the moment. +1 on Merc sandbagging. Sound like their engine has been turned down a bit. I would also think the rate of upgrades to the car in the early season will be high. Hopefully Ferrari and Red Bull will keep up with Merc in this area.
LOL Ah yeah the reality of Force India's sponsor choice hasn't sunken in, yet.

The only data worth mentioning about Mercedes is the chassis even with all that radical aero DID NOT look as stable as the Ferrari's. Perhaps there's more efficiency with the engine turned up for all that aero to work, but I'm praying Ferrari have at least a few races in the beginning of the season where they can annoy Merc.

I'll be able to follow everything but the race, live. It's a bummer but, my niece only turns 1, once.

Old Tue, Mar-21-2017, 05:49:24 PM   #208
SunD3v1L
hi

In the garage:

Italy

Hey guys, what were the instructions to stream SkyF1 live again?

Anyway to get that up on my Samsung (smart) HDTV instead of my laptop? I have a PS4 as well as an Apple TV. Thanks in advance!
Old Tue, Mar-21-2017, 07:12:00 PM   #209
Cha5en

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunD3v1L View Post
Hey guys, what were the instructions to stream SkyF1 live again?

Anyway to get that up on my Samsung (smart) HDTV instead of my laptop? I have a PS4 as well as an Apple TV. Thanks in advance!
Not sure how to stream it from a PC/laptop to a tv, maybe an IT pro can chime into that. I posted instructions somewhere in the thread, I think? Or maybe it was the 2016 thread.

It's a bit of an annoyance but, for the race, I just hook my desktop up to my TV and deal with the hassle. It's worth it.

EDIT: Anyone knows of a decent screen capture software that allows videos to be made? That would be ideal, as the instructions can get confusing in writing. I can produce a quick tutorial and upload it.

Last edited by Cha5en; Tue, Mar-21-2017 at 07:17:53 PM.
Old Tue, Mar-21-2017, 07:43:53 PM   #210
SunD3v1L
hi

In the garage:

Italy

Quote:
Not sure how to stream it from a PC/laptop to a tv, maybe an IT pro can chime into that. I posted instructions somewhere in the thread, I think? Or maybe it was the 2016 thread.

It's a bit of an annoyance but, for the race, I just hook my desktop up to my TV and deal with the hassle. It's worth it.

EDIT: Anyone knows of a decent screen capture software that allows videos to be made? That would be ideal, as the instructions can get confusing in writing. I can produce a quick tutorial and upload it.

I think it was this thread but didn't want to dig through all of the posts.

A screen capture / tutorial would be awesome. Or just take a vid on your iPhone and text it to me