BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > General BMW > General BMW Discussion
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

General BMW Discussion Place to discuss all things BMW. And a place for E30, E36, and E46 owners to get to know each other! BMW News

Old Sat, Dec-23-2006, 02:25:50 AM   #1
Chaseme
Two wheel enthusiast

United States

Default BMW Individual questions

My dad is looking into purchasing a 2007 Z4 M Coupe...perhaps in an 'Individual' color.

First of all, I'll start with the easy and simple question:
1. Is it do-able on the M coupe?
2. Will my dealer know what it is?
3. How is it done; what papers do we sign and check for options?
4. How do we add options for it?
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sat, Dec-23-2006, 03:22:35 AM   #2
Cleveland
///M POWERED

Reputation: 0 Cleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland Porsha

United States

Arrow Good Luck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaseme
My dad is looking into purchasing a 2007 Z4 M Coupe...perhaps in an 'Individual' color.

First of all, I'll start with the easy and simple question:
1. Is it do-able on the M coupe?
2. Will my dealer know what it is?
3. How is it done; what papers do we sign and check for options?
4. How do we add options for it?

1. Yes
2. Probably not.
3. Long drawn out process if your dealer has never done an individual order before
4. There is an individual option sheet from which you can request certain exterior and interior color combinations.
5. (#5 even though you didn't ask ) Getting an individual order approved is contengent on a) what your asking for, and b) what mood BMWNA is in on the particular day you ask. Even if you were standing in the dealership ready to hand over the entire cost of the car plus individual options in CASH to the dealer for the Z4Mcoupe it wouldn't make a difference. It's not a democracy, it's a monarchy. BMWNA is the king and what the king says goes. Sorry to have to put it that way, but it's not a consistant or fair process by any stretch of the imagination. But, there is some hope. BMW is supposed to open up the process a little more to allow a REAL individual program like they have enjoyed in europe for many years now.

What we have here in the U.S. is a very watered down version of the full individual program. It's basically just a 'certain special order items by request' process that has several flaws. The way it is currently implemented in the states, the whole process puts the burden of getting this type of vehicle on you and the dealer. BMWNA won't really help that much unless you know someone there personally. Everything is overcomplicated and redundant. You have to check and recheck the status and availability of everything yourself. BMWNA won't help you with this either. The only thing they will do, after you have done all the leg work, is say: YES or NO. That's it. It's time they changed that process. BMW needs a simple, streamlined process, that is straitforward and allows the INDIVIDUAL in question (if they are willing to pay the price) to choose there own destiny.
True leaders are not those who strive to be first, but those who are first to strive and give their all for the success of the team. They can be identified by the clarity of their vision, the strength of their actions, and the integrity of their intent. A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, and the courage to make tough decisions. A true leader has compassion, and is willing to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but he becomes one by the confidence that he inspires in others. He commands the respect of his peers, and is humbled by the admiration of his followers. True leaders are first to see the need, envision the plan, and empower the team for action. By the strength of the leader's commitment, the power of the team is unleashed.

Last edited by Cleveland; Sat, Dec-23-2006 at 03:26:43 AM.
Jump to top Cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Dec-23-2006, 03:29:05 AM   #3
RONIN009
Snap-on Tools

Mozambique

there is a link to the Individual site on the BMW England site that will show you the available options.
Jump to top RONIN009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Dec-23-2006, 05:37:15 AM   #4
Chaseme
Two wheel enthusiast

United States

http://www.bmw.com/com/_shortcuts/individual/
Here is the link to the site....it redirects you to the Z4 individual.

Now...am I limited to those colors listed as options, or can we special order almost any other OEM BMW colour?
Old Sat, Dec-23-2006, 05:41:16 AM   #5
RONIN009
Snap-on Tools

Mozambique

Quote:
http://www.bmw.com/com/_shortcuts/individual/
Here is the link to the site....it redirects you to the Z4 individual.

Now...am I limited to those colors listed as options, or can we special order almost any other OEM BMW colour?
I believe that you can order any color, but have a better chance if being approved if you order one of the currently available colors. Try sending Naseem a PM as he seems to be the resident pro on Individual.
Old Sat, Dec-23-2006, 05:47:30 AM   #6
Chaseme
Two wheel enthusiast

United States

Alright...thanks for the prompt response Nick...and thank you Clevland for the the great lowdown.
I'm going to be going to one of the two dealerships (probably not the one we will purchase from) with my dad tomorrow to check out their IB M Coupe. Maybe stop by the other dealer to talk about individual.
I showed my dad some pics of some other individual colors and he likes Lemans Blue.
Old Sat, Dec-23-2006, 05:48:55 AM   #7
نسيم هودج

Enjoy...

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/index_high...individual.xml

I'll be a little more "negative". Due to the fact that the Z4 M Coupe is built in South Carolina; I highly doubt you'll be able to source one in an Individual composition. That by no means is a statement by me that your father should give up and give in. I want him to press the issue and make BMW NA get up off their asses and begin approving orders!

Best of luck to you.
Jump to top نسيم هودج is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Dec-23-2006, 05:53:50 AM   #8
Cleveland
///M POWERED

Reputation: 0 Cleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland Porsha

United States

Quote:
Alright...thanks for the prompt response Nick...and thank you Clevland for the the great lowdown.
I'm going to be going to one of the two dealerships (probably not the one we will purchase from) with my dad tomorrow to check out their IB M Coupe. Maybe stop by the other dealer to talk about individual.
I showed my dad some pics of some other individual colors and he likes Lemans Blue.
Yea I second the 'guy from hawaii who name escapes me' on sending a pm to nassem. He can breakdown all your possible options, and maybe the ones you should or shouldn't ask for through the U.S. based system.

P.S. - Sorry nick (ronin 009), wasn't sure if your buddy from the island and you were still mad at me or not ? :nixweiss:
True leaders are not those who strive to be first, but those who are first to strive and give their all for the success of the team. They can be identified by the clarity of their vision, the strength of their actions, and the integrity of their intent. A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, and the courage to make tough decisions. A true leader has compassion, and is willing to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but he becomes one by the confidence that he inspires in others. He commands the respect of his peers, and is humbled by the admiration of his followers. True leaders are first to see the need, envision the plan, and empower the team for action. By the strength of the leader's commitment, the power of the team is unleashed.
Jump to top Cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Dec-23-2006, 05:54:31 AM   #9
Chaseme
Two wheel enthusiast

United States

Haha...I was just in the process of PMing you Naseem.

I almost forgot about the SC build for the Zs.

But I thought all the ///Ms are built in the German plant. :nixweiss:

Hopefully since we are big customers (purchase 3 BMWs) with our dealership they will help us out, though I doubt that will influence BMW NA.
Old Sat, Dec-23-2006, 05:59:08 AM   #10
RONIN009
Snap-on Tools

Mozambique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland
Yea I second the 'guy from hawaii who name escapes me' on sending a pm to nassem. He can breakdown all your possible options, and maybe the ones you should or shouldn't ask for through the U.S. based system.

P.S. - Sorry nick (ronin 009), wasn't sure if your buddy from the island and you were still mad at me or not ? :nixweiss:
I dont remember being mad at you at all.