BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Marketplace > Cars for Sale/Wanted
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Cars for Sale/Wanted Place to list your private cars for sale. ONLY BMW's.

Old Fri, Oct-13-2017, 05:29:51 PM   #1
blackti

United States

Default 2002 E46 M3 Steel Gray / Gray 95k miles - GC/Hotchkis suspension

2002 E46 M3 6MT
- Price drop to $14,000 firm
- 95,xxx miles
- Located in northern suburbs of Chicago

Basics:
- Stahlgrau Metallic / Gray Leather, Harmon Kardon stereo, sunroof, leather, power everything
- Clean title, never wrecked

History:
- I’m the 3rd owner: purchased in April 2016 with ~92k miles. I’m cutting, pasting, and editing the prior owner’s ad from this forum for continuity:
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=547032
I’ll try to be clear on what’s changed since his ownership.
- 2nd owner purchased in 2005 with ~20k miles

Upgrades:
- Ground Control / Koni single adjustable coilovers, Eibach springs 450F/550R (installed 2013)
- Ground Control race camber plates (installed 2013)
- Rogue Engineering FCABS, Powerflex RTABS (installed 2013)
- Hotchkis front and rear adjustable sway bars with adjustable end links (installed 2014)
- Performance Friction 2 piece front rotors, Stoptech rear rotors (installed 2015)
- Hawk DTC 70 pads (installed 2015)
- ECS SS brake lines, Motul 600 fluid
- OEM square wheel setup: 4 rear wheels with 265/35-18s with Hankook RS-3s
- Custom alignment: Camber -3.2F, -2.0R, 0 toe F, 1/16 toe in R.. Camber plates marked to alignment spec
- Hard wired for Valentine 1 radar detector
- Ipod/IPhone <5 wired to stereo
- New windshield Feb 1016 (had chip at edge that couldn’t be repaired)
- New battery Feb 2016

- I also have a set of 4 front wheels (with 20mm spacers for the rear) with 225/45-18 Continental snow tires that probably have less than 1,000 miles on them. Happy to negotiate as a package deal or will separate if new buyer doesn’t need them.

Maintenance:
Car was originally maintained under extended warranty at dealer
Second owner maintained personally, including Inspection 2+ between Jan-Mar 2015 at 90,xxx miles with extras to include:
- Oil/filter change
- Trans fluid change
- Diff fluid change
- Replaced fuel filter
- Coolant flush
- Brake flush
- Valve adjustment/Vanos inspection (only 3 valves out of spec slightly)
- Replaced brake pads/rear rotors

I have personally kept up with fluids, fixed an oil plug leak, and… haven’t had to do anything else.

Condition:
From prior owner:
“Car is cosmetically what you would expect for a 14 year old vehicle that is garaged daily and during the winter. Original paint is in very good condition with some rock chips on front bumper. Body is clean with the exception of a couple very small door dings (have to look at an angle after a good wax to see). Window weather stripping on rear windows has some cracking. Interior leather in very good condition with the exception of the driver’s seat which has some outside edge wear.”

I’d echo that. The car has been primarily kept outside for my 18 months of ownership, but there’s no signs of corrosion or wear. Just washed and waxed this past weekend.

Known issues:
From prior owner:
“- Driver’s side door electric lock inop, needs new actuator (use key)
- Airbag light on, needs airbag recall performed at dealer (haven’t done it as dealer is 2 hours away), can be reset with scanner, but typically comes back after a few weeks”
- I got used to those issues, as he did, and haven’t bothered.
I’m also tracking down a very slight water leak into the trunk, which I believe is seal around passenger-side taillight. I’ve sealed it with masking tape, and it’s staying dry. Will figure out permanent fix once I know that’s the issue.
- I also have a new oil level sensor (oil temp gauge is not responsive) in my garage that I'm waiting to install on next oil change.

What you are getting:
Prior owner:
“A very well maintained mechanically sound E46 M3 with a known history. This car has been trouble free for the 11 years I have owned it. The only reason I am selling it is lack of garage space, otherwise I would keep it for another 11 years.”
Me:
As evidenced by only doing 3,000 miles (including almost 1,000 to drive it home) in 18 months, I just don’t drive much. I only tracked it once last summer and am probably taking a hiatus from the track for a while. It’s just too nice not to use properly. I’m selling another car (turbo’d NA Miata) and taking “the fleet” in a different direction…

Please contact me at egobdel at yahoo dot com, as I probably won't check PMs here on a daily basis.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4330 small.jpg (673.8 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4328 small.jpg (655.6 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4310 small.jpg (398.5 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4312 small.jpg (357.9 KB, 120 views)

Last edited by blackti; Thu, Nov-09-2017 at 08:54:55 PM.
Rate Seller View Rating
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Oct-23-2017, 11:02:17 PM   #2
blackti

United States

Default Re: 2002 E46 M3 Steel Gray / Gray 95k miles - GC/Hotchkis suspension

Price drop to $15,000. Open to offers. Found my next car and would like to make space...
Jump to top blackti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Nov-09-2017, 08:55:18 PM   #3
blackti

United States

Default Re: 2002 E46 M3 Steel Gray / Gray 95k miles - GC/Hotchkis suspension

Price drop to $14k firm, or else I'll flip to the snow tires and keep it through winter.
Jump to top blackti is offline   Reply With Quote