BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Journals
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Journals Do you have a long term project you would like to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old Thu, Jun-19-2014, 07:22:00 PM   #1
kokgo20

In the garage:

United States

Default My 2004 PY build thread

2004 PY, bought it with 75K miles on Feb 1st 2014 after my 03 got totaled.

Here are pics of the for sale ad and the day i picked it up

HPF Titanium exhaust

Time of the delivery

First thing i had to do, is fix that driver side head light that wasn't installed properly

Next, a subframe reinforcement, all rear end bushings and ball joints are replaced while i was there

Me and my buddy converted the subframe bolts to studs, here are our tools that we made, so the thread won't get destroyed

Studs are in and bolted from the top, i will be building a custom rear tower brace that will connect to the subframe studs, and it will be removable incase i need more trunk space

This is how she looked once we got her on the ground, at the same time, i nstalled my TCK suspensions with 600LBS springs all around, and my BBKs

2 weeks later i had a track event at Barber Motorsports, so i did a valve adjustment and replaced cam gear bolt with the updated ones

few days later, replaced coils, Spark plugs and did a compression test, all readings were within the 12~13 bar acording to the cheap autozone gauge

Oil change was done, and she was ready for the track

Couple of pics

My 2nd time at barber, and my best lap time 1.52

Couple of days later and the Euro bumper and SCRZA Trunk are painted and ready to install

Trunk is installed but not adjusted yet, it needs some tweeks

Retrofitted FR-X projectors

made OEM clip

Now she sits at 77K miles, and the work still in progress

Joe

Build thread
05/2004 SMG PY/BLK - 600 TCKline - CPI Headers & resonated Sec1- Stoptech BBK 6 pod front & 4 pod rear with steel lines - 75mm Studs conversion - PF RTABs & FCABs - AKG subframe bushings - Multi color AEs - FR-X 3.0 Projectors - Smoked Side markers - Euro bumper - V1 with hard wire & Stealth one - M Track Mod - ZCP steering rack - BMW MS 4.10 - Dual LI - CSL Style diffuser - SCZA Exhaust - E9x Door handle LED retrofit - SCZA CSL bootlid - VEI systems custom A/F & boost gauge - Active Prima plus + FS tune - Mishimoto Radiator & Oil cooler - H&R front Sway - UUC camber arms - keyless & push to start system - clear bra - interiors red stitching contrast -

Last edited by kokgo20; Sun, Dec-20-2015 at 11:34:44 PM.
Jump to top kokgo20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, Jun-19-2014, 07:23:46 PM   #2
LicketySplit
n/a

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: My 2004 PY build thread

Awesome, sub'd !

Great run btw.

Last edited by LicketySplit; Thu, Jun-19-2014 at 07:32:53 PM.
Jump to top LicketySplit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jun-19-2014, 07:35:02 PM   #3
kokgo20

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR WHITE M3 View Post
Awesome, sub'd !

Great run btw.
Thank you sir

Build thread
05/2004 SMG PY/BLK - 600 TCKline - CPI Headers & resonated Sec1- Stoptech BBK 6 pod front & 4 pod rear with steel lines - 75mm Studs conversion - PF RTABs & FCABs - AKG subframe bushings - Multi color AEs - FR-X 3.0 Projectors - Smoked Side markers - Euro bumper - V1 with hard wire & Stealth one - M Track Mod - ZCP steering rack - BMW MS 4.10 - Dual LI - CSL Style diffuser - SCZA Exhaust - E9x Door handle LED retrofit - SCZA CSL bootlid - VEI systems custom A/F & boost gauge - Active Prima plus + FS tune - Mishimoto Radiator & Oil cooler - H&R front Sway - UUC camber arms - keyless & push to start system - clear bra - interiors red stitching contrast -
Old Thu, Jun-19-2014, 07:46:36 PM   #4
Mr. Wolfe
Anti-Bling

In the garage:

United States

Awesome man, keep up the good work!

Mr. Wolfe

2006 Interlagos/Black ///M3 Coupe 6MT
1987 Turquoise Green / Imola Red 325is Mtech1 w/ M62 V8 Swap
2003 Alpine/Cinnamon ///M3 Coupe 6MT (SOLD)
2003 Steel Gray/Black ///M3 Coupe 6MT (SOLD)
Jump to top Mr. Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jun-19-2014, 07:50:36 PM   #5
HolyChitMeng
Alpine White Hoarder

In the garage:

Philippines

Wait it's a Pheonix Yellow on Imola Red Interior Wow!

AW/BLK 09' 6MT ///M3: ESS VT2-650, BBS LM, Stoptech Trophy, Evolve, Full Supersprint Race, KW Sleeve Kit
TIAG/IR 04' 6MT ///M3: BBS CH, Eibach Pro-Street-S, Full SS Race, Eventuri, Evolve, AS 30% SSK, OE CSL Bootlid
AW/BLK 95' ///M3: 16k miles, LTW Strut Brace
Jump to top HolyChitMeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jun-19-2014, 07:56:51 PM   #6
kokgo20

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyChitMeng View Post
Wait it's a Pheonix Yellow on Imola Red Interior Wow!
I'm swapping the IR interiors from my old M, haven't finished the interiors yet, maybe within a week, will post pics ones its done

Build thread
Old Thu, Jun-19-2014, 07:57:15 PM   #7
kokgo20

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wolfe View Post
Awesome man, keep up the good work!

Mr. Wolfe
Thanks

Build thread
Old Thu, Jun-19-2014, 10:21:30 PM   #8
0-60Motorsports
Established 1998....

In the garage:

Bahrain

Looking good. Well done
EURO 04 M3 Mods: GC DA's / Eibach Sways / PF RTABs / RE RCAs / INTRAVEE II / ///MFEST Badges / M5 SMG Knob / VCSL: Bumper + Race Lip, CF Trunk, CF Diffusor / DIETZ TV in Motion / SuperSprint: Stepped Headers, Cat Deletes, Res X-pipe, Sport Muffler / Z8 Starter Button / Lamin-X / STM Paddles / OEM CSL: Steering, Interior, Intake, CF Roof / Terra MSS54HP CSL Clone + TTFS Tune / BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ / ST40's / DINAN RSB / RE Race Brace / BW Oil Cooler / 3.91 gears / Radium OCC
Jump to top 0-60Motorsports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jun-19-2014, 10:42:53 PM   #9
Ph03nix46

In the garage:

United States

Love to see these cars being restored. Your M looked like it was in very rough shape when you got it..

Keep doing what you're doing. Can't wait to see more.

Eibach | Sportline | OEM Euro Headers | TTFS
Jump to top Ph03nix46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jun-19-2014, 10:55:23 PM   #10
kokgo20

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph03nix46 View Post
Love to see these cars being restored. Your M looked like it was in very rough shape when you got it..

Keep doing what you're doing. Can't wait to see more.
She wasn't bad, beside that ugly aftermarket CSL bumper that made it look really bad, and the ugly wheels

Build thread