BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Journals
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Journals Do you have a long term project you would like to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old Tue, Nov-21-2017, 05:39:01 PM   #741
Kwakjoe

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: KhanArt's Jet Black///Cinnamon 6spd E46 M3 looong term journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanArt View Post
Yes, not to take away from it. Looks great, seems to be a increase in power, and does sound better. Just not as loud as I thought it would be. I need to drive it more..
And of course plug and play, nothing else needed.

I do plan on going CSL Airbox but not ready for the level of commitment yet. A lot of new stuff in the works so I'll wait.
Same thing I'm thinking with the airbox. What kind of exhaust are you running? I'm completely stock so when I put it on I could hear a huge difference compared to before

2003 BMW M3 Steel Gray/Cinnamon - Current

Beisan VANOS "Bulletproofed" | eVenturi Intake | BC Coilovers (BR) | 219M Wheels | CSL SMG Flash | MotorSport Hardware 90mm Race Stud conversion

2011 BMW 328i E92 Tasman Green/Oyster - For Sale

ST Coilovers | Apex EC-7 18s staggered | MSport Front Bumper | High Kick Spoiler

Instagram: @Kwakjoe

Jump to top Kwakjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Nov-21-2017, 06:30:38 PM   #742
TboneM3
YNWA

In the garage:

United States

I think the exhaust is taking a bit away from it. I also think that you'll "learn" how to drive the car a bit differently to invoke the induction noise on command. You'll start to notice where it's loudest in the powerband (4k-5k) and which gears (3rd/4th). It's also loudest (just like the CSL airbox) when under load and full throttle, but not WOT speed-wise. What I mean is it's not that loud if you accelerate as quickly as possible, but if you give it more throttle at lower speeds and more load, it'll get louder.

I was very happy with the Eventuri sound, but yes of course the full airbox is another ball game.

-Evolve-R alpha N Evolve CSL CF Airbox eVenturi Scoop Euro Headers|sect 1 Besian D/A pullies/fan delete WPC rod bearings
-TMS Camber & Subf plates RE Street Trans Mounts AKG poly SUB/DIFF SDW RTAB ZHP knob + UUC DSSR GroundControl S/A (Koni/Eibach 440/550) + tall RSMs
-BMW Motorsport 4.10 OE CSL trunk APEX 75mm Studs Sportline 8S 18x8.5/9.5" PSS 245/275 ss brake/clutch lines
-Pioneer DEH-80PRS Eclipse PA5422 CDT HD-6 + WS-100i CDT EX-530 8" Kicker

DD/Beater: 1999 Civic LX - Kenwood x998 PPI 1600.4 CDT HD-6 + HD-100 CDT EX-530 Clarion 10"
Jump to top TboneM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-22-2017, 01:13:40 PM   #743
KhanArt
CLEAN & SIMPLE

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwakjoe View Post
Same thing I'm thinking with the airbox. What kind of exhaust are you running? I'm completely stock so when I put it on I could hear a huge difference compared to before
I'm running a full exhaust headers to muffler.

Active headers
CPI RTX section one dual resonated
CPI Xtreme section two non resonated
Active gen 6 muffler

Yea I imagine on your stock car it was a big difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneM3 View Post
I think the exhaust is taking a bit away from it. I also think that you'll "learn" how to drive the car a bit differently to invoke the induction noise on command. You'll start to notice where it's loudest in the powerband (4k-5k) and which gears (3rd/4th). It's also loudest (just like the CSL airbox) when under load and full throttle, but not WOT speed-wise. What I mean is it's not that loud if you accelerate as quickly as possible, but if you give it more throttle at lower speeds and more load, it'll get louder.

I was very happy with the Eventuri sound, but yes of course the full airbox is another ball game.
I agree, although I still feel I don't have a loud exhaust system it's loud enough to take a little away from the intake. I also agree that I need to drive the car more and learn the sweet spot. This is not like a Honda when you slap a intake on and hit a certain rpm and hallelujah hit:
Jump to top KhanArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Nov-27-2017, 08:52:55 PM   #744
KhanArt
CLEAN & SIMPLE

In the garage:

United States

Update: 11/24/17 Rear Fenders Rolled (Again)

Long story, I will try to make it short as possible but no promises. Ever since I switched to my current setup of 10.5 et27 rear wheels, 275 PSS tires, and 10mm spacers I have experienced slight rubbing. On hard acceleration and dips, nothing to lose sleep over. I was planning on addressing it with suspension upgrades when I did my suspension over haul. About a month ago however I gave a fellow enthusiast a spin in my car and did a 1st to 2nd red line pull in which I spun the tires bad going into 2nd. Well ever since the passenger rear has been rubbing badly. To the point where the top part of the sidewall was getting shaved off. Obviously something was wrong, I figured RTAB's went to crap, bad alignment, ect. I couldn't live with this so I wanted to roll the inner lip on the fenders in to begin with. I had the fenders rolled previously when I first purchased the car, although it solved my issue at that time whoever did it barely folded the inner lip.

So I borrowed a Eastwood fender roller from Stuart Moulton. If you guys know who he is you know about his sweet home garage and amazing stable of BMW's. It was a pleasure to meet him and drool over his garage and cars. I have attached a few pics below (he no longer has the X5M but has a E30 M3).

Back on topic, I removed my passenger rear tire shocked to see the inner edge of the tire was done. Although I had the tires for about 2.5 years I barely put a few thousand miles on them. Not just that I installed spacers earlier this year and the tires were fine then. My rtab must of died because I had terrible toe wear. Luckily I purchased Fall Line Rtab's not too long ago. I just ordered the Rtab tool and will be doing the install next. Unfortunately I will have to buy a new set of rear tires. Once the Rtab's and tires are installed I will be getting an alignment.

I went ahead and rolled both rear fender inner lips completely flat. Took it for an initial test drive and did not experience any rubbing so that is a good sign. I have a spare set of wheels but plan to take it easy until the issue is resolved.

Lesson learned, change your rtab's every 60k miles or earlier.

Old Mon, Nov-27-2017, 09:11:29 PM   #745
FK

United States

More pics of the wagon?
Jump to top FK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Nov-27-2017, 09:19:17 PM   #746
Brian N
wubalubadubdub

In the garage:

United States

Is that the ESS ts3 wagon? Or is it 2+? I always forget since he swapped with his ZHP.

-My Journal-
Jump to top Brian N is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Nov-28-2017, 02:38:44 AM   #747
KhanArt
CLEAN & SIMPLE

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by FK View Post
More pics of the wagon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian N View Post
Is that the ESS ts3 wagon? Or is it 2+? I always forget since he swapped with his ZHP.
I don't remember exactly what motor but it's a supercharged non M motor. His E30 M3 has a S54 and I think he put the S14 in his 2002. He had a black 2002 and X5M which he sold. That's all I know of. True enthusiast, very down to earth. I was drooling all over his cars and garage floor.
Old Tue, Nov-28-2017, 05:47:03 PM   #748
Kwakjoe

In the garage:

United States

Holy hell that thing is sexy

2003 BMW M3 Steel Gray/Cinnamon - Current

Beisan VANOS "Bulletproofed" | eVenturi Intake | BC Coilovers (BR) | 219M Wheels | CSL SMG Flash | MotorSport Hardware 90mm Race Stud conversion

2011 BMW 328i E92 Tasman Green/Oyster - For Sale

ST Coilovers | Apex EC-7 18s staggered | MSport Front Bumper | High Kick Spoiler

Instagram: @Kwakjoe

Jump to top Kwakjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Nov-28-2017, 07:55:28 PM   #749
Brian N
wubalubadubdub

In the garage:

United States

Yeah I remember him from back when I was on e46fanatics all the time. I remember at one point he had a ts3 zhp sedan and a ts2 wagon. He did an engine swap and switched them or something. Just curious what combo he kept. His cars were really cool back then too. Totally agree. True enthusiast. Need more guys like that in the community these days.

-My Journal-
Jump to top Brian N is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-29-2017, 08:56:38 PM   #750
KhanArt
CLEAN & SIMPLE

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwakjoe View Post
Holy hell that thing is sexy
It sure is!, all his cars are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian N View Post
Yeah I remember him from back when I was on e46fanatics all the time. I remember at one point he had a ts3 zhp sedan and a ts2 wagon. He did an engine swap and switched them or something. Just curious what combo he kept. His cars were really cool back then too. Totally agree. True enthusiast. Need more guys like that in the community these days.

Yea unfortunately we both didn't have enough time to shoot the breeze like we wanted to because of obligations to the kids but I will try to catch up with him again.