BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Marketplace > Parts for Sale/Wanted > E36 / E30 - Parts for Sale/Wanted
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E36 / E30 - Parts for Sale/Wanted Use this section to post parts for sale or wanted that are related to the E36 or E30 only.

Old Tue, Sep-10-2013, 02:24:37 PM   #21
Happy Hazard
Finger on the button

United States

Default Re: ► APEX | ARC-8 Light Weight Track Wheels

Are the ARC-8 concave wheels a different production than these, or are they just concave based on the ET offset?

Id like to get some 17x8 or 8.5 square setup, but want the concave vs. flat faced. Is that an ET offset issue? What would be a good size, without the need for spacers and minimal to no rolling of the fenders in the rear. Im not adverse to doing the rear rolling, i just dont know anyone around here that has one and id rather not risk jacking up my paint or bending the rear quarter panels.

Ideas and specs?
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Sep-10-2013, 09:50:07 PM   #22
David@ApexRaceParts
M3Forum Sponsor

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Hazard View Post
Are the ARC-8 concave wheels a different production than these, or are they just concave based on the ET offset?

Id like to get some 17x8 or 8.5 square setup, but want the concave vs. flat faced. Is that an ET offset issue? What would be a good size, without the need for spacers and minimal to no rolling of the fenders in the rear. Im not adverse to doing the rear rolling, i just dont know anyone around here that has one and id rather not risk jacking up my paint or bending the rear quarter panels.

Ideas and specs?
The concavity of the wheel is determined by the combination of the width and offset of the wheel. With a narrower wheel, a much lower offset is needed to have the same concave face as a wider wheel with a higher offset. An example of this would be the 17x8.5" ET20 having the essentially the same face as the 17x9.5" ET35 ARC-8's, excluding the center area and the depth of the hole drilled for lugs. By looking at the needed width and offset, you can see which concavity the wheel you need would be.

The 17x8.5" ET40 wheel is the proper squared setup for your e36 M3 that would not require the use of spacers or need of a rear fender roll in the rear with the 245/40/17 street tire size. However, this is not the concave wheel, as the concave version has an offset of ET20 and would not work on the e36 M3. The 17x9.0" ET30 is the narrowest and highest offset concave wheel available, but the rear would not fit easily, requiring a very heavy fender roll in order for the wheels to fit without rubbing.
Jump to top David@ApexRaceParts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Sep-11-2013, 12:49:24 AM   #23
Happy Hazard
Finger on the button

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by David@ApexRaceParts View Post
The concavity of the wheel is determined by the combination of the width and offset of the wheel. With a narrower wheel, a much lower offset is needed to have the same concave face as a wider wheel with a higher offset. An example of this would be the 17x8.5" ET20 having the essentially the same face as the 17x9.5" ET35 ARC-8's, excluding the center area and the depth of the hole drilled for lugs. By looking at the needed width and offset, you can see which concavity the wheel you need would be.

The 17x8.5" ET40 wheel is the proper squared setup for your e36 M3 that would not require the use of spacers or need of a rear fender roll in the rear with the 245/40/17 street tire size. However, this is not the concave wheel, as the concave version has an offset of ET20 and would not work on the e36 M3. The 17x9.0" ET30 is the narrowest and highest offset concave wheel available, but the rear would not fit easily, requiring a very heavy fender roll in order for the wheels to fit without rubbing.
Thanks for the reply and time to do so. Guess i'll either have to live without a concave wheel or go with an aggressive roll... Regardless, thanks for replying.
Old Wed, Sep-11-2013, 12:49:24 PM   #24
Happy Hazard
Finger on the button

United States

Yea im not into the stretched tire thing, it's more about functionality for me. I just love the look of the concave wheel. 18s would be too big imo for what I'm going for, but that car does look good.

Posted from M3forum.net App for Android
Old Fri, Sep-13-2013, 12:50:01 AM   #25
ApexRaceParts
M3Forum Sponsor

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Hazard View Post
Yea im not into the stretched tire thing, it's more about functionality for me. I just love the look of the concave wheel. 18s would be too big imo for what I'm going for, but that car does look good.

Posted from M3forum.net App for Android
We like functional Although it takes some work, the 17x9 et30 is a fantastic looking square set up.
Jump to top ApexRaceParts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Sep-27-2013, 04:06:01 AM   #26
robbie211

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexRaceParts View Post
Here's another aggressive shot of 18x9.5" ET35 ARC-8's on this E36 M3:

Feel free to call, PM, or email us if you have any questions!
what is required to run this aggressive setup w/ a 245/35/18 all around. fender roll/pull for the front and rear?
Jump to top robbie211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Sep-27-2013, 09:20:34 PM   #27
David@ApexRaceParts
M3Forum Sponsor

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie211 View Post
what is required to run this aggressive setup w/ a 245/35/18 all around. fender roll/pull for the front and rear?
This particular Estoril Blue E36 M3 has 18x9.5" et35 ARC-8's wrapped in 245/30/18 Hankook V12s. Rear fenders are heavily rolled with 5mm spacers all around to clear the Bilstein PSS9s with -2 degrees of camber all around. Fender rubbing does occur under high-compression corners.
Old Tue, Oct-08-2013, 02:55:54 AM   #28
Sanny910

In the garage:

Armenia

E46 m3 on kwv2 coilovers 13.5f 13r

Should I go for

18x10 square et25
18x9.5 square et22
18x9.5 square et 35

any inputs?
Old Tue, Oct-08-2013, 05:15:57 PM   #29
David@ApexRaceParts
M3Forum Sponsor

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanny910 View Post
E46 m3 on kwv2 coilovers 13.5f 13r

Should I go for

18x10 square et25
18x9.5 square et22
18x9.5 square et 35

any inputs?
Sending you a PM
Old Sat, Oct-12-2013, 07:50:39 AM   #30
sammm3

In the garage:

United States

are you able to give any sort of discount if I order vorshlag camber plates and 18x9/9.5 concave arc-8?
Jump to top sammm3 is offline   Reply With Quote