BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E36 M3 (1992-1999)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E36 M3 (1992-1999) {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999

Old Mon, Mar-13-2017, 04:28:50 PM   #11
manydubs

United States

Default Re: Hard to sell a 95 Cosmos for under $5000

CHASED OFF of Forum!!

Last edited by manydubs; Mon, Mar-13-2017 at 05:32:53 PM. Reason: CHASED OFF of Forum!!
Jump to top manydubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Mar-13-2017, 04:32:04 PM   #12
manydubs

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyM301 View Post
Where do you live? I live in the Bay Area in CA and they sell for 9 grand with problems
Apparently, it is only worth $2000 according to other forums members!!
Old Mon, Mar-13-2017, 04:42:52 PM   #13
LockDots

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by manydubs View Post
Really! ??

So, it is only worth what Salvage cars sell for?

Yeah right,

The suspension and wheels/tires could sell for that.

Oh, I guess I should part it out, because it does not look perfect like yours.

Another freaken douchebag comment.

Thanks!
Picture 1 - Missing hood emblem (accident replacement?)
Picture 2 - Caked in oil/filth
Picture 3 - Missing rear door skin, missing C pillar, wiring/light isn't at least organized or tied up, dirty/stained rear seats, tears in passenger side rear seat, what looks like a crak int he driver side seat release trim, leather looks dry.
Picture 4 - Dried/cracked passenger seat, missing door panels, missing glove box trim, missing glove box door, missing parking brake handle, non-original shift knob, possible rust in the upper left hand corner of the door sill, door sill missing rubber trim on ends, rear passenger window trim dry rotted.
Picture 5 - Driver seat in worse condition than passenger side (as expected), door seal dry rotted and tearing, rear driver side lower window trim dry rotted, rust around door sill, door sill rubber ends missing, rust inside door hinge rubber boot, aftermarket steering wheel.
Picture 6 - Faded rear deck (as expected).
Picture 7 - Hard to tell form picture but looks like driver side trim is missing (I see white dots), aftermarket muffler/catback.
Picture 8 - Paint on fender trim (white dot)?, aftermarket or sprayed side markers.
Description - Lots of parts replaced, lots of aftermarket as well.

I don't think that was a douchebag comment by Brett at all. Am I saying these are expensive or hard-to-fix items? Not at all. But to the common buyer or non-car/non-bmw guy these are all signs of danger or a salvage car. The more original or "clean" looking the car the easier it is to sell.

Honestly, tidy up the wiring or reinstall the missing panels, give it a good wash, vacuuming, leather conditioning and it will help a bit.

Good luck with sale.
Old Mon, Mar-13-2017, 04:51:00 PM   #14
westopher

Canada

Quote:
Ha ha ha.

That was real helpful!

Would it really make a difference......

Someone would not buy it if they had to vacuum it to make it perfect!!

Freakin TROLL!
Yeah it would.
When I see someone who can't even bother to clean their car before they sell it, I know they can't be bothered to maintain it properly. The car looks like a scrap heap, thats why people are offering you scrap heap money.
Don't ask for advice if you don't want it.
Clean the car up. Put the missing parts back on. Its not that complicated.

98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 100k and officially worthless.
Member journal. http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=491859
Jump to top westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Mar-13-2017, 04:58:26 PM   #15
Braymond141

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Yeah it would.
When I see someone who can't even bother to clean their car before they sell it, I know they can't be bothered to maintain it properly. The car looks like a scrap heap, thats why people are offering you scrap heap money.
Don't ask for advice if you don't want it.
Clean the car up. Put the missing parts back on. Its not that complicated.
+1

Quote:
Really! ??

So, it is only worth what Salvage cars sell for?

Yeah right,

The suspension and wheels/tires could sell for that.

Oh, I guess I should part it out, because it does not look perfect like yours.

Another freaken douchebag comment.

Thanks!
Your car and advertising is crap. If you cannot clean it and put the damn thing back together, expect offers that reflect how valuable it looks. I would not even pay $2k.
Jump to top Braymond141 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Mar-13-2017, 05:17:12 PM   #16
LuckyM301

United States

Different markets maybe but it has all outdoor panels in the same color, it HAS vaders, no huge dents, and runs with new shocks, and tires, PLUS its a stickshift. My market has almost all autos with dents, scrapes, bad engine problems, etc. Some people are cheap and picky. I bought my Cosmo M3 for 1500 with a blown headgasket so like i said some people are broke and think the M3s are cheap to own. My friend bought one for 3000 and it had no fans, no working headlights, cheap auto zone "bucket" seats, and a ghetto rigged push to start button and later blew the engine because the fans were missing. People need to just stop being picky and put some work into their cars instead of whining about the work you didnt put into it
Why are you trying to sell it anyways?
Jump to top LuckyM301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Mar-13-2017, 05:18:44 PM   #17
manydubs

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braymond141 View Post
+1

Your car and advertising is crap. If you cannot clean it and put the damn thing back together, expect offers that reflect how valuable it looks. I would not even pay $2k.
WOW - sorry I don't have the perfect m3 like you guys.

I don't know what to say about cleaning it up - pictures were taken right after I washed it...

Here are some updated pictures on CL, that have not made I to Panjo yet.

OH BOY I HOPE IT ADDS another $1000 to YOUR ESTIMATE: https://lexington.craigslist.org/cto/6009554197.html

Old Mon, Mar-13-2017, 05:23:30 PM   #18
Braymond141

United States

God damn that thing just gets worse. Is there anything on it that isn't jacked up?

It doesn't take much for us to have nicer cars when you set the bar so low.
Jump to top Braymond141 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Mar-13-2017, 05:27:18 PM   #19
manydubs

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDots View Post
Picture 1 - Missing hood emblem (accident replacement?) THEY ARE NOW BACK ON CAR

Picture 2 - Caked in oil/filth - WHAT IS?? CAR JUST WASHED

Picture 3 - Missing rear door skin, missing C pillar, wiring/light isn't at least organized or tied up, dirty/stained rear seats, tears in passenger side rear seat, what looks like a crak int he driver side seat release trim, leather looks dry. - C PILLAR BROKE _ MUST BE EXPENSIVE TO CAUSE SO MUCH TROUBLE....THERE ARE NO TEARS IN REAR SEAT....YES FRONT SEATS ARE CRACKED......

Picture 4 - Dried/cracked passenger seat, missing door panels, missing glove box trim, missing glove box door, missing parking brake handle, non-original shift knob, possible rust in the upper left hand corner of the door sill, door sill missing rubber trim on ends, rear passenger window trim dry rotted.
__DOOR PANELS PROVIDED...THEY WERE REMOVED AND ARE IN THE TRUNK..... OH MY GOD _ NOT OEM SHIFT KNOB....ALL THESE THINGS ARE MINOR AND COST LITTLE....

Picture 5 - Driver seat in worse condition than passenger side (as expected), door seal dry rotted and tearing, rear driver side lower window trim dry rotted, rust around door sill, door sill rubber ends missing, rust inside door hinge rubber boot, aftermarket steering wheel.
---OH NOs HORRIBLE!!!

Picture 6 - Faded rear deck (as expected). ---OH NOs HORRIBLE!!!

Picture 7 - Hard to tell form picture but looks like driver side trim is missing (I see white dots), aftermarket muffler/catback. ---OH NOs HORRIBLE!!!

Picture 8 - Paint on fender trim (white dot)?, aftermarket or sprayed side markers. HUH??

Description - Lots of parts replaced, lots of aftermarket as well.

I don't think that was a douchebag comment by Brett at all. Am I saying these are expensive or hard-to-fix items? Not at all. But to the common buyer or non-car/non-bmw guy these are all signs of danger or a salvage car. The more original or "clean" looking the car the easier it is to sell.

Honestly, tidy up the wiring or reinstall the missing panels, give it a good wash, vacuuming, leather conditioning and it will help a bit.

I DID just wash it before the pictures. DOOR PANELS needs some work....

HARDLY a $2000 m3.

Good luck with sale.
You are missing the more important things that were done. The mechanical aspect - suspension, steering, maintenance.... This car drives and handles OEM-very well.

I guess it is not a SHOW QUEEN perfect like yours.

That is the problem with folks who have been on forums forever and have high post counts, they think they can say whatever and just put down others who don't have the perfect car....

Thanks for all the help, you guys suck. Chase people away instantly instead of helping them OUT!!

I put a lot of time and effort and $$ into this car. Keeping as OEM stock as possible with quality German replacement parts.

This car must be worth more then mine HUH: https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/6016885673.html

Oh wait, it is not pristine before selling!!!
Old Mon, Mar-13-2017, 05:29:42 PM   #20
manydubs

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyM301 View Post
Different markets maybe but it has all outdoor panels in the same color, it HAS vaders, no huge dents, and runs with new shocks, and tires, PLUS its a stickshift. My market has almost all autos with dents, scrapes, bad engine problems, etc. Some people are cheap and picky. I bought my Cosmo M3 for 1500 with a blown headgasket so like i said some people are broke and think the M3s are cheap to own. My friend bought one for 3000 and it had no fans, no working headlights, cheap auto zone "bucket" seats, and a ghetto rigged push to start button and later blew the engine because the fans were missing. People need to just stop being picky and put some work into their cars instead of whining about the work you didnt put into it
Why are you trying to sell it anyways?
Thanks for the reply.

Selling because I need some $$. Wanted to do more with it and hopefully appease the M3 DICTATORS.... But need to sell.