BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>
Loading


Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E36 M3 (1992-1999)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E36 M3 (1992-1999) {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Tue, Mar-14-2017, 10:13:22 PM   #11
Braymond141
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 19,438
Reputation: 0 Braymond141 is an unknown quantity at this point
Location: Oakhurst, CA

United States




Default Re: OEM bosch headlights install

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishtom1596q View Post
For the 1000th time. Properly retrofitted HID's will always out perform your shitty H7 headlights. Get over it already
lol. I think his gripe is the H1 Halogen versus H7 Halogen "superiority". Just needs to let it go.
Jump to top Braymond141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Mar-15-2017, 12:20:20 AM   #12
M_Parallel
Mr. OEM
 
M_Parallel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,896
Reputation: 0 M_Parallel is on a distinguished road
Location: Home Court

Netherlands




Default Re: OEM bosch headlights install

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishtom1596q View Post
For the 1000th time. Properly retrofitted HID's will always out perform your shitty H7 headlights. Get over it already
US seems to be obsessed with xenon's (HID is a generic term, automotive industry uses xenon) it makes them act wearing blinds, no pun.

All that BS for having "Euro" headlights. Then looking no further.

We don't give a shit about xenon's. Keeping it stock is what we like.
Then yes, H7 units are superior.

If you fit xenon's anyways, get one of those fancy LX? projectors and fit them in the US headlights. Or fit an array of Hella rally-spec on the nose if one is so obsessed with having the best light output.

This is what makes your argument a non-argument. H7's give more than excellent output. You don't need to light up the moon. So doesn't matter.

Why are there still US M3's without LSx conversions? These will always outperform your shitty (to use your personal term) S52's. Now why don't I see this?

Yet when it comes to headlights...
__________________

'98 S50B32 M3 SMG Cabrio . Alpinweiß III auf Schwarz . 1 of 10 made
Jump to top M_Parallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Mar-15-2017, 01:24:43 AM   #13
englishtom1596q
Registered User
 
englishtom1596q's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,453
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 englishtom1596q is on a distinguished road
Location: The Mitten

United States




Default Re: OEM bosch headlights install

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Parallel View Post
US seems to be obsessed with xenon's (HID is a generic term, automotive industry uses xenon) it makes them act wearing blinds, no pun.

All that BS for having "Euro" headlights. Then looking no further.

We don't give a shit about xenon's. Keeping it stock is what we like.
Then yes, H7 units are superior.

If you fit xenon's anyways, get one of those fancy LX? projectors and fit them in the US headlights. Or fit an array of Hella rally-spec on the nose if one is so obsessed with having the best light output.

This is what makes your argument a non-argument. H7's give more than excellent output. You don't need to light up the moon. So doesn't matter.

Why are there still US M3's without LSx conversions? These will always outperform your shitty (to use your personal term) S52's. Now why don't I see this?

Yet when it comes to headlights...
People retrofit H1 headlights because they're setup for a direct swap to HID's. Just because you like your H7 headlights does not mean they are the best. There is a reason that every manufacturer (including BMW) uses HID headlights, not your amazing H7 bulbs. If you're arguing for keeping it "stock" then fine, the H7's still look ugly as hell compared to the projector H1's but for keeping it original then fine I'll give you that. But the fact that you're ignorant enough to think you H7 headlights, that no one wants, produce better light output that HID's is just astounding. There are no posts about people swapping in H7 headlights because No one cares about them and your opinion is never going to change that.
__________________
Jump to top englishtom1596q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Mar-17-2017, 01:45:50 AM   #14
gunner_27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 51
Reputation: 0 gunner_27 is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: OEM bosch headlights install

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishtom1596q View Post
Did you get the round connector and pigtail for them?
For some reason I have a feeling you will understand what I am saying, yes I have the round connector and the pig tail, this is the DIY I was give by the seller.

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...im-Control-DIY

I am just confused reading this DIY, if I posted images of what I have will it be more helpful ?

These are ellipsoids not halogens...
Jump to top gunner_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Mar-17-2017, 01:53:22 AM   #15
gunner_27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 51
Reputation: 0 gunner_27 is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: OEM bosch headlights install

So I have these 2 head lights, ordered some connectors for 1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg With Connector.jpg (26.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Without Connector.jpg (40.3 KB, 19 views)
Jump to top gunner_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Mar-17-2017, 01:58:25 AM   #16
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whoore
 
daytonaviolet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 23,090
Reputation: 0 daytonaviolet is on a distinguished road
Location: Bay Area, CA

Philippines




Default OEM bosch headlights install

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner_27 View Post
For some reason I have a feeling you will understand what I am saying, yes I have the round connector and the pig tail, this is the DIY I was give by the seller.



http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...im-Control-DIY



I am just confused reading this DIY, if I posted images of what I have will it be more helpful ?



These are ellipsoids not halogens...


how about trying these connectors first.



http://www.ebay.com/itm/X2-PLUG-PLAY...JWIRD7&vxp=mtr
__________________
Click my sig and view my pics!


Tischer aka GetBmwParts

Last edited by daytonaviolet; Fri, Mar-17-2017 at 06:31:19 AM.
Jump to top daytonaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Mar-17-2017, 02:07:02 AM   #17
Anubis
Dr. Awesomesauce
 
Anubis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,828
Reputation: 0 Anubis is on a distinguished road
Location: Boston

United States




Default Re: OEM bosch headlights install

I am running a FX-R bi-xenon projector retrofit in my Bosch lights with Osram Nightbreaker D2S bulbs now, and the difference is literally night and day compared with the Bosch H1 halogen output (which itself was much better than the US stock halogen output). I haven't personally seen the Bosch H7 halogen output but based on what I've read it looks pretty good for halogen output, but there is absolutely no comparison to a proper retrofit.

Just wait for the LED/laser retrofits to start happening
__________________

1999 Estoril Blue/Dove Grey M3
Jump to top Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Mar-17-2017, 04:56:53 AM   #18
fiveightandten
He'll save children, but not the British children...
 
fiveightandten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,010
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 fiveightandten will become famous soon enough
Location: Connecticut

United States




Default Re: OEM bosch headlights install

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Parallel View Post
US seems to be obsessed with xenon's (HID is a generic term, automotive industry uses xenon) it makes them act wearing blinds, no pun.

All that BS for having "Euro" headlights. Then looking no further.

We don't give a shit about xenon's. Keeping it stock is what we like.
Then yes, H7 units are superior.

If you fit xenon's anyways, get one of those fancy LX? projectors and fit them in the US headlights. Or fit an array of Hella rally-spec on the nose if one is so obsessed with having the best light output.

This is what makes your argument a non-argument. H7's give more than excellent output. You don't need to light up the moon. So doesn't matter.

Why are there still US M3's without LSx conversions? These will always outperform your shitty (to use your personal term) S52's. Now why don't I see this?

Yet when it comes to headlights...
Is hating on xenons really a thing? You're so upset you're not even making sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
I am running a FX-R bi-xenon projector retrofit in my Bosch lights with Osram Nightbreaker D2S bulbs now, and the difference is literally night and day compared with the Bosch H1 halogen output (which itself was much better than the US stock halogen output). I haven't personally seen the Bosch H7 halogen output but based on what I've read it looks pretty good for halogen output, but there is absolutely no comparison to a proper retrofit.

Just wait for the LED/laser retrofits to start happening
Noone cares about your retrofit.

Seriously though. Old school. Remember making mounting brackets with sheet metal and a Dremel tool in 2007? I do. People have it easy now with the drop in projector kits.
__________________
-Nick

1986 325es || 2003 330ci || 1998 M3/4/5
Jump to top fiveightandten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Mar-17-2017, 05:17:33 AM   #19
Braymond141
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 19,438
Reputation: 0 Braymond141 is an unknown quantity at this point
Location: Oakhurst, CA

United States




Default Re: OEM bosch headlights install

I'm perfectly content with Halogen Nightbreakers in my H1 Bosch. Plenty of light and the highbeams are terrific. All the clutter Xenon brings keeps me from doing swaps. Hopefully H1 LED bulbs will continue to progress and become a strong upgrade option soon.
Jump to top Braymond141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Mar-17-2017, 05:23:18 PM   #20
Anubis
Dr. Awesomesauce
 
Anubis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,828
Reputation: 0 Anubis is on a distinguished road
Location: Boston

United States




Default Re: OEM bosch headlights install

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveightandten View Post
Is hating on xenons really a thing? You're so upset you're not even making sense.
Noone cares about your retrofit.

Seriously though. Old school. Remember making mounting brackets with sheet metal and a Dremel tool in 2007? I do. People have it easy now with the drop in projector kits.
Oh yes, I do remember. I also remember impaling my palm on a screwdriver trying to get the lens clips off. There was a lot of blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braymond141 View Post
I'm perfectly content with Halogen Nightbreakers in my H1 Bosch. Plenty of light and the highbeams are terrific. All the clutter Xenon brings keeps me from doing swaps. Hopefully H1 LED bulbs will continue to progress and become a strong upgrade option soon.
I was content with those very same bulbs in my H1 Bosch as well, and to be honest most of my driving is on the highway these days or in the city, but when I head out to see friends/family in the suburbs on dark and windy narrow forest roads, having the bi-xenon makes an unbelievable difference.
__________________

1999 Estoril Blue/Dove Grey M3
Jump to top Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:55:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
M3Forum.com and M3forum.net is in no way sponsored, endorsed or affiliated by or with BMW NA / BMW AG or any of it's subsidiaries or vendors.
BMW and M3 (E90 M3 | E92 M3 | E93 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | E30 M3) are registered trademarks of BMW AG.
M3Forum Terms of Service
Copyright ©1999-2017 M3Forum.com
Discussing OEM bosch headlights install in the E36 M3 (1992-1999) Forum - {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999 at BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)