BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

View Poll Results: Please ONLY VOTE if you sincerely plan to participate. No dreamers.
Option A: - Even at only 5% off - I'm in and ready to commit!! 6 10.00%
Option B: - Even at only 5% off - I'm in and ready to commit!! 1 1.67%
Option A: Only if the discount is 10% or greater am I ready to commit to this! 28 46.67%
Option B: Only if the discount is 10% or greater am I ready to commit to this! 13 21.67%
I don't care if the discount ends up being only 5% or 10% off - I want this! Let's do this!!! 10 16.67%
Eh... Thanks for the effort, but there just is NOT enough value with either discount - Count Me Out! 7 11.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mon, Feb-27-2017, 09:03:57 PM   #21
smbz2789

United States

Default Re: OE CSL Boot Lid - Group-Buy

I'd be in. CSL trunk is top of the list for the car this year
Jump to top smbz2789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Feb-27-2017, 09:10:57 PM   #22
silvergray545

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneM3 View Post
I can also wait longer than 5 days.

Edit: Something is funny with Schmiedmann, It's showing me $1049.17 including shipping and handling with no discount. 10% would put it at 945.
The website shows a lower shipping price than what Dr M3an M3 was quoted. I think those shipping quotes may be worst case. That's what I'm hoping.
2004 BMW M3 6MT - TiAg/Gray - B&B TriFlow section 3, AP V2 headers, AST 4200, UUC EVO3 SSK with DSSR, ZHP knob, Orion V4, Matte Black kidney/side grills, 19" VMR CSL reps with 245/35 & 275/30 Continental ExtremeContact DW
Track stuff: Apex ARC-8s in 18x10 ET25 with 275/35/18 Nitto NT01s, Schroth Quick Fits and PFC 08 & 01 Pads
2000 BMW M Roadster 5MT - TiAg/Black - TCK D/A, Lightwerkz Projector Headlights, LeatherZ Interior Bits, BMW Performance Knob, OEM Square 17x9 Roadstars
2014 VW GLI 6MT - Black/Black - APR stage 1 tune, CTS Turbo intake, CTS Turbo 3" downpipe, ST coilovers and Hawk HP Plus pads (for the track)
Past:
2005 BMW 545i Sport 6MT - Silver Gray/Black - Nav, Sport, Cold and Premium
E46 M3 Build Journal
Jump to top silvergray545 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Feb-27-2017, 09:24:10 PM   #23
Brian N
The Collector

In the garage:

United States

Quote:

Edit: Something is funny with Schmiedmann, It's showing me $1049.17 including shipping and handling with no discount. 10% would put it at 945.
Yeah got a similar price when I checked a few weeks back. I wonder why he was quoted more.

I may be interested in this GB as well depending on final price.

-My Journal-
Jump to top Brian N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Feb-27-2017, 09:31:23 PM   #24
Dr M3an M3

In the garage:

United States

Quote:

I believe the number you are seeing is for the trunk itself (Option B listed in my OP), which does not include any of the other OE accessory parts listed. With everything included (see list in OP), they quoted me a unit price of $864.67 as opposed to $833.74 + $1.60 for shipping material, so ($835), before any discounts were applied.

The numbers I listed included the cost of Custom Duty Fees (factored at 3.5%, but which could actually be 4.25+%) as mentioned by TMSNYC. The prices that you are getting from Schmiedman do not include this added cost. I factored 3.5% for the actual pricing of the products themselves (retail price and discounted price). I included this in the pricing so that anyone considering this, is not hit by an unexpected additional surprise fee when they go to pick their trunks up. This fee is paid by the individual and will not actually be factored into the cost of the GB, however it is something to be aware of, which is why it was included.

I hope this answers your question. If not, let me know. If I am not seeing the same thing you are seeing, I want to know. The whole point of this GB is to bring the cost down as much as possible.

Also, I have e-mailed Schmiedmann about possible shipping options to see if anything can be done to bring shipping costs down. Considering the sales numbers this thread could potentially generate, it would seem to be quite fruitful to Schmiedmann. For example, at 10 buyers, roughly 10 thousand dollars would be exchanged in revenue to Schmiedmann...at 20 buyers, double. The way the numbers work out, it is to their interest to help out in any way they can. I hope I have relayed this information to them clearly, as it would work out for all parties.

For full transparency, here is the original item prices I was provided by Schmiedmann. As you can see, shipping prices specifically get a bit confusing. I am trying to do the best I can with rapid communication in my busy schedule. I am awaiting their next reply.

Quote:
Many thanks for your request
We can definitely offer you the CSL unit complete with number plate lights etc. for the retrofit as one complete set =)

The pricing per unit is normally 890usd for the OE units ( all parts original BMW)
Shipping for the unit is normally 226,25 usd for the dimensions and weight

You can of course choose only the CSL boot hatch without the extras @ 835usd

Shipping will be 230usd delivered to address in the US.

These are the list prices
If you have more than 5 interested, then I would be willing to lower the item and shipping price
However,
The unit is an OE part, so the % possible from purchase is not dramatic.

Kindest regards
Andrew

Mods: Maintenance, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, BBS LMs w/ PSS, RE El Diablo exhaust (Ti tips), CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, CSL Dynamic Redline Warmup Light parameters, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, Also have an OE BMW CSL Bootlid, Amber corners, Angel-eyes

Please PM me - In search of:
-- Street DD Camber Plates compatible with KW V3 Coilovers
-- Wanting to Trade basically brand new Eagle Eye Smoked Reverse Trunk Lights for a pair that are Non-smoked

Last edited by Dr M3an M3; Mon, Feb-27-2017 at 09:40:12 PM.
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Feb-27-2017, 10:01:06 PM   #25
e46IX

Canada

Lol now you guys know how us Canadians feel about unfairly high shipping rates and customs/duty charges.

I'm interested at 5-10%, OE CSL trunk has been on the wishlist.
Jump to top e46IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Feb-27-2017, 10:07:20 PM   #26
rockflageagle

In the garage:

United States

May have missed this, is the shipping insured?
Jump to top rockflageagle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Feb-27-2017, 10:11:46 PM   #27
PerkM3

United States

Quote:
Shouldn't shipping be greatly reduced for a group buy? Ship them together from Europe to U.S. for a big discount, then ship to individual buyers no?

Or is there no one with Scniederwhateverman in the u.s.?
The issue with this (being someone that deals with Schmiedmann often and also a DB Schenker account holder) Is that when shipped in bulk items are placed in a large box on a pallet and shipped to one location. It would then be up to the group buy arranger to re-package in individual boxes and re-ship to the end user. This typically consists of buying custom made boxes (to the right dimensions) and packing materials and then shipping via UPS/FedEx. This would possibly cut 50 bucks off of the price but add a lot of headache.
Old Mon, Feb-27-2017, 10:14:43 PM   #28
Dr M3an M3

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
The issue with this (being someone that deals with Schmiedmann often and also a DB Schenker account holder) Is that when shipped in bulk items are placed in a large box on a pallet and shipped to one location. It would then be up to the group buy arranger to re-package in individual boxes and re-ship to the end user. This typically consists of buying custom made boxes (to the right dimensions) and packing materials and then shipping via UPS/FedEx. This would possibly cut 50 bucks off of the price but add a lot of headache.
As a medical student, I don't think I would be comfortable with that responsibility and time commitment. Someone reputable and trustworthy would have to take that responsibility on.

Mods: Maintenance, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, BBS LMs w/ PSS, RE El Diablo exhaust (Ti tips), CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, CSL Dynamic Redline Warmup Light parameters, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, Also have an OE BMW CSL Bootlid, Amber corners, Angel-eyes

Please PM me - In search of:
-- Street DD Camber Plates compatible with KW V3 Coilovers
-- Wanting to Trade basically brand new Eagle Eye Smoked Reverse Trunk Lights for a pair that are Non-smoked
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Feb-27-2017, 10:18:20 PM   #29
PerkM3

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
As a medical student, I don't think I would be comfortable with that responsibility and time commitment. Someone reputable and trustworthy would have to take that responsibility on.
I've done it before on a Flossman group by my company hosted. It's a giant PITA. We had 15 hoods and fenders show up in one box. I had to inspect them, test fit them and then re-package each one. Then ship each one individually. $200-250 shipping, INSURED, from Europe with company that can replace the item if damaged in transit really isn't a bad cost.
Old Mon, Feb-27-2017, 10:19:50 PM   #30
Karbon
Back to Basics

United States

Interested in a CSL bootlid. Maybe a few interested parties in the same location can coordinate pickup at one location to save on shipping, just a thought.
Jump to top Karbon is offline   Reply With Quote