BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

View Poll Results: Please ONLY VOTE if you sincerely plan to participate. No dreamers.
Option A: - Even at only 5% off - I'm in and ready to commit!! 6 10.71%
Option B: - Even at only 5% off - I'm in and ready to commit!! 1 1.79%
Option A: Only if the discount is 10% or greater am I ready to commit to this! 27 48.21%
Option B: Only if the discount is 10% or greater am I ready to commit to this! 13 23.21%
I don't care if the discount ends up being only 5% or 10% off - I want this! Let's do this!!! 8 14.29%
Eh... Thanks for the effort, but there just is NOT enough value with either discount - Count Me Out! 6 10.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mon, Feb-27-2017, 07:11:02 PM   #1
Dr M3an M3

In the garage:

United States

Talking OE CSL Boot Lid - Group-Buy

UPDATE (3/2/16): Not even 24hrs in and I believe all inventory available has been paid and spoken for. Man you guys impress me. Thank you all for having your 'shit together'...Seriously, I can't believe things moved so quickly. Brad you are a champion for helping me organize this! I am truly sorry that more inventory was not available to those that were ready to purchase, but literally only hours too late. Never did I expect this many payments to be sent so rapidly and I don't think anyone anticipated us buying out all of BMW Germany's current stock of CSL boot lids. Stay tuned while we figure out if more supply can be sourced to us or if and how long until BMW plans to restock. Maybe group buys like these will incentives them to continue to produce these parts. If they could just remanufacture those front bumpers, I have no doubt we could buy them out 10 fold of what was purchased today.

Update (3/1/17):

BMW has 28 trunks at the moment, that's good news number 1. I have been discussing the possibility of getting a large batch of them shipped to a forum member/domestic dealer of Schmiedmann located in Colorado. The bad news is that to get even 10 trunks shipped to that location, would cost just shy of $1200. Then after breaking the shipment down, inspecting each trunk, repackaging them individually and re-shipping them, it would cost the customer around $250-300 in total shipping. Even with a 15% discount on parts, which is what I was shooting for, puts the total at $1150 per trunk shipped. So that option does not make any sense. let alone the additional hassle and liability that would be involved, which would go uncompensated for. So that option is a no--go.

The final bit of good news is that this group buy can be offered at a 10% discount, shipped direct from Schmiedmann which with paypal and CC fees and shipping puts them around ~$1000 shipped depending on location.

It's just not worth it to from a handling or money savings standpoint to not go direct. Nor is it worth it to you all to take that risk of shipping damage, by not going directly through Schmiedmann.

I am not sure if more than 28 trunks will be available if the demand is there. I can look into it, if it comes to that, but it may take more time for those allocations.

If you have additional questions, need shipping quotes and an actual invoice, or are ready to place the order to snag one of these 28 trunks up before they are all accounted for, please direct that to Sales@Chicanemotorsport.com. They are not a forum sponsor, so I hope this doesn't break any rules, but this is the most efficient and effective way I have found to organize this group-buy. They reached out to me and are willing to handle the logistics of this group buy and are doing so from an enthusiast standpoint and without compensation. So I do not believe this breaks forum rules.

If you are wanting to organize a large local group order, to be sent to one location (looking at you, cali-members), I will ask that you all organize that among yourselves and then contact the E-mail I listed above when you are ready to commit.

After much interest, I am making this thread to gauge the interest of a Group-Buy for an OE CSL Boot Lid (with OE accessories) for the best price available (Through Schmiedmann). While not cheap, these will be 100% new and genuine OE BMW CSL parts, providing perfect factory fitment without compromising quality that is associated with replica pieces. Being that these Boot Lids and all accessory parts are genuine CSL pieces, they will be perfect for the purist, perfect for bragging rights and conversation pieces, should hold resale value better than any other alternative, and at the lowest pricing I could find them.

Before I invest more time into moving this group-buy forward I need to see how many people are realistically planning to participate (ie: Money in hand and ready to go without delay) based on the $$ details below. I will be providing a poll above. Please only vote if you sincerely are contemplating to participate. Please, no dreamers or voting for the sake of voting.

There are two options that are available to us and I am still working out if these can be chosen at the time of order, for each individual person's needs or if this will be an all or none sort of deal. So let me list both options and what will be included so that a proper vote can take place.

Option A: - All parts included and all parts OE BMW:
- CSLBK46 - 41007895884BMW- OE CSL Boot Lid with all mounting hardware
- 63267165646BMW - License Plate Lamp (x2)
- 71111179445BMW - Thread Insert for Tool Box Installation
- 61131378149BMW - Plug Terminal Black (x2)
- 61130007449BMW - Round Receptacle 2.5 with Cable (x4)
Normal Listed Retail Pricing: 866.27 + $230 shipping + 3.9% Duty Fees - Total before discount: $1130.05

Option B: - OE CSL Bootlid Only!
Normal Listed Retail Pricing: $835.34 + $230 shipping + 3.9% Duty Fees - Total before discount: $1097.92

These were the two options that were mentioned to me. If there is enough interest, I can also find out about including new BMW Rear Roundels + ///M3 Emblems, in the event that you all do not want to reuse the ones on your current trunks.

EDIT: Of note, about what is needed, and what is transferable from the stock trunk and what is not transferable. Trust that this man has more experience with CSL trunks than likely anyone else on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
as for transferable, all the internals for the oem trunk (shocks, key cylinder and gromet, latches, catches, reverse lights, tool kit, roundel are all transferred over to the csl trunk. only thing you can't transfer is the trunk release button/handle and license plate lights (different shape) .

yes, you'll need all these parts from post #1, except for the thread insert for tool box. i believe you can recycle the one from your oem.

- 63267165646BMW - License Plate Lamp (x2) (bulb type)
- 71111179445BMW - Thread Insert for Tool Box Installation
- 61131378149BMW - Plug Terminal Black (x2)
- 61130007449BMW - Round Receptacle 2.5 with Cable (x4)

Here is a list i used for my oem csl bootlid. Some items I didn't see in post #1 but are needed.

Qty 2 Registration Plate Light: License plate lamp, (LED type from e90) 63267193293
Qty 2 PLUG TERMINAL BLACK 2 POL: 61131378149 (plug for plate light)
Qty 4 Cable Socket: 61130007449 (wires for plug 61131378149)
Qyt 1 ///M3 logo: 51147893655
Qyt 1 BMW trunk roundel: 51148219237
Qyt 2 EXPANDING NUT (inserts for bmw roundel) 51148209932
Qyt 2 License plate holder grommets: 46632347012
Qyt 2 License plate screws: 51181813015
Qyt 1 UNIVERSAL PIN TERMINAL UNCODED 3 POL 61136931929 (plugs into oem harness to power on license plate lights)
Qyt 2 PIN-CONTACT 0,75MM : 61130006664 (wires for new plug 61136931929)
These trunks will be UNpainted and will come primed from the factory.
100% new and genuine OE BMW CSL parts, for perfect factory fitment.

I am still working out shipping logistics. As it currently sits, the most efficient way to go about this seems to be to let the distributor handle this part. Once orders are collected and placed, I will have them take care of shipping to your individual addresses. It may be possible to cutdown on the shipping price if orders placed in the same/nearby regions are shipped to one location, in order to combine shipping, but at this time, I am not sure how realistic that will be or how much headache that may cause.

Shipping time seems to be fairly consistent and fast at around ~5-days - via Air Shipping from Europe.

Cost of shipping after conversions is looking like $225-$230.
(its not cheap to Air-ship from overseas, and unfortunately, I am not sure how to reduce this cost - This plays a large factor in the bulk of the cost) - If you have suggestions, I am open to them!!

Customs Duty Fees (according to TMSNYC's recent purchase - ie: I have not personally confirmed this) for auto parts is 3.5%
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSNYC View Post
Duty fees from my imports have been 0% - 3.5% for auto parts. If its a small order, there are sometimes no custom duty fees depending on how the shipment is classified by Schmiedmann during shipment.

However, I just ordered a SS V2 header/catted section 1 package and was hit with a 4.25% customs duty today. I have not imported auto body parts yet, but I'd be surprised if it was more than 4.25%.

You can try the Pitney Bowes duty calculator here (one-time free use):

https://www.dutycalculator.com/

That is great and all, but how much of a discount is this really and what is the cost???
I am still working out the discount pricing, some of this will be based on on many people actually have cash in hand that are ready to commit to participate.

As it currently is looking, due to the low margin on OE parts by the distributor, the group discount will likely fall between 5% to 10% off listed pricing.

With a 5% discount, participants will save:
(Option A: $49.99 under listed price - Total Cost: $1080.06 includes shipping + duty fees)
(Option B: $48.40 under listed price - Total Cost: $1049.52 includes shipping + duty fees)

With a 10% discount, participants will save:
(Option A: $95.00 under listed price - Total Cost: $1035.05 includes shipping + duty fees)
(Option B: $91.79 under listed price - Total Cost: $1006.13 includes shipping + duty fees )

I will update this thread once I have confirmation as to whether the discount will be 5% or 10%, obviously I will be pushing for 10% or greater if it is possible!

Prices were listed because without real numbers, this thread is meaningless. In actuality, only the price for the product and the shipping cost will be collected - the 3.9% duty fee will be up to the buyer to pay when their item(s) arrive. (at least this is my understanding). However, I wanted to include this since this will be an expensive to factor in from the buyer's standpoint.

I reserve the right to edit this post as more information is released to me and if you all vote that this Group-Buy has enough interest to further pursue.

I will NOT be collecting any money at this time!!

I will edit this post when that time comes, to include how to pay. I am hoping that all payments can be processed directly through the distributor (via: a coupon code) or something of the sort, in order to make this process more stream-lined and efficient.

As you can see, the bulk of the cost comes from the high cost of shipping and duty fees - both of which I have no control over and which discounts can't apply. If you have shipping ideas to help reduce the those costs, either comment below or shoot me a PM!

Whether 5% or 10% off, it is going to be pretty hard to find an OE CSL Trunk listed below $793.57 (5% off) or $751.81 (10% off). Often I see OE trunks listed and sold rather rapidly at $1300-1600 on the used market, car part retailers, and on sites like eBay. Hopefully this group-buy provides some value to you all and at a price that retains full resale value, in the event you ever wish to sell this part to return to stock.

I will be updating to this as time and more details unfold. Thank you for taking the time to read all of this, your consideration, for your comments and suggestions below, and for voting in the poll, which will be vital towards how we progress forth or not with this group-buy.

EDIT-1:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSNYC View Post
The only other disclaimer I would mention is that Schmiedmann charges a fee for using PayPal or CCs. It hasn't been a meaningful enough amount to affect my purchase decision, but if you're pinching pennies, you might want to clarify if that charge is applicable.
Cheers,
Doc M3an

Mods: Maintenance, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, BBS LMs w/ PSS, RE El Diablo exhaust (Ti tips), CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, CSL Dynamic Redline Warmup Light parameters, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, Also have an OE BMW CSL Bootlid, Amber corners, Angel-eyes

Please PM me - In search of:
-- Wanting to Trade basically brand new Eagle Eye Smoked Reverse Trunk Lights for a pair that are Non-smoked

Last edited by Dr M3an M3; Mon, Mar-20-2017 at 06:09:51 AM.
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Feb-27-2017, 07:12:41 PM   #2
FK

United States

Default Re: OE CSL Boot Lid - Group-Buy

First.
Jump to top FK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Feb-27-2017, 07:22:28 PM   #3
Dr M3an M3

In the garage:

United States

Reserving this space for future edits.

Damn you were fast FK!!

EDIT: Poll is up!!

Mods: Maintenance, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, BBS LMs w/ PSS, RE El Diablo exhaust (Ti tips), CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, CSL Dynamic Redline Warmup Light parameters, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, Also have an OE BMW CSL Bootlid, Amber corners, Angel-eyes

Please PM me - In search of:
-- Wanting to Trade basically brand new Eagle Eye Smoked Reverse Trunk Lights for a pair that are Non-smoked
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Feb-27-2017, 07:30:15 PM   #4
silvergray545

In the garage:

United States

I'd be interested at the 10% mark. That makes an OE CSL trunk about $1k shipped. You can't really find them used for that price.
2004 BMW M3 6MT - TiAg/Gray - B&B TriFlow section 3, AP V2 headers, AST 4200, UUC EVO3 SSK with DSSR, ZHP knob, Orion V4, Matte Black kidney/side grills, 19" VMR CSL reps with 245/35 & 275/30 Continental ExtremeContact DW
Track stuff: Apex ARC-8s in 18x10 ET25 with 275/35/18 Nitto NT01s, Schroth Quick Fits and PFC 08 & 01 Pads
2000 BMW M Roadster 5MT - TiAg/Black - TCK D/A, Lightwerkz Projector Headlights, LeatherZ Interior Bits, BMW Performance Knob, OEM Square 17x9 Roadstars
2014 VW GLI 6MT - Black/Black - APR stage 1 tune, CTS Turbo intake, CTS Turbo 3" downpipe, ST coilovers and Hawk HP Plus pads (for the track)
Past:
2005 BMW 545i Sport 6MT - Silver Gray/Black - Nav, Sport, Cold and Premium
E46 M3 Build Journal
Jump to top silvergray545 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Feb-27-2017, 07:47:52 PM   #5
TMSNYC

In the garage:

United States

Duty fees from my imports have been 0% - 3.5% for auto parts. If its a small order, there are sometimes no custom duty fees depending on how the shipment is classified by Schmiedmann during shipment.

However, I just ordered a SS V2 header/catted section 1 package and was hit with a 4.25% customs duty today. I have not imported auto body parts yet, but I'd be surprised if it was more than 4.25%.

You can try the Pitney Bowes duty calculator here (one-time free use):

https://www.dutycalculator.com/

The only other disclaimer I would mention is that Schmiedmann charges a fee for using PayPal or CCs. It hasn't been a meaningful enough amount to affect my purchase decision, but if you're pinching pennies, you might want to clarify if that charge is applicable.

Last edited by TMSNYC; Mon, Feb-27-2017 at 08:08:18 PM.
Jump to top TMSNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Feb-27-2017, 07:59:08 PM   #6
Brian N
The Collector

In the garage:

United States

I may have missed it. Who is this group buy going through?

-My Journal-

Last edited by Brian N; Mon, Feb-27-2017 at 08:11:56 PM. Reason: Autocorrect is the bane of my existence lol
Jump to top Brian N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Feb-27-2017, 07:59:58 PM   #7
KubinB
BMMMR

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian N View Post
I may have missed to who is this group but going through?
Schmeidman
Old Mon, Feb-27-2017, 08:13:11 PM   #8
Brian N
The Collector

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by KubinB View Post
Schmeidman
Thanks. Very nice I was considering buying from them anyways.

-My Journal-
Jump to top Brian N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Feb-27-2017, 08:19:43 PM   #9
SSK831

In the garage:

United States

I will buy in a heartbeat if shipping is not a factor.
Jump to top SSK831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Feb-27-2017, 08:24:57 PM   #10
TboneM3
YNWA

In the garage:

United States

Shouldn't shipping be greatly reduced for a group buy? Ship them together from Europe to U.S. for a big discount, then ship to individual buyers no?

Or is there no one with Scniederwhateverman in the u.s.?

Evolve-R EVenturi Euro Headers|Sect 1 OM Scorza D/A pullies/fan delete Turner camber/subf plates
RE Besian AKG AutoSolutions 30% TMS front sway GroundControl(Koni/Eibach) Sportline 8S 18" PSS 245/275
Pioneer DEH-80PRS Eclipse PA5422 CDT HD-6 + WS-100i CDT EX-530

Beater: 1999 Civic LX - Kenwood x998 Eclipse 32430 CDT HD-6 + HD-100 CDT EX-530 Clarion 10"
Jump to top TboneM3 is online now   Reply With Quote