BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Thu, Jul-28-2016, 08:29:40 AM   #11
Jaap

United States

Default Re: Group buy VinceBar - laser cut components

Hey Vince,

- Am i blind or is there no pricing information in this topic yet?
- Can i drive up to you (from NL) and can you install it in my M3? (i will PM you about this)

Quote:
4. The new kit option "Weld install style components kit"
I don't fully understand this. How do you ship this kit? Pre-welded is an option?
Jump to top Jaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, Jul-28-2016, 08:51:08 AM   #12
coopnasty4424

In the garage:

United States

I'm definitely interested in this! A price is a must have tho

And can you post more pics of everything installed?

How does it affect the trunk area? Does it look factory when everything is said and done and put together? Will this kit combined with a plate kit from Turner or reddish eliminate all worry and concern for our infamous racp problem? Will there be detailed instructions included so a shop could weld both of these reinforcements in at the same time without having to "thread surf"?

Last edited by coopnasty4424; Thu, Jul-28-2016 at 08:54:21 AM.
Jump to top coopnasty4424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jul-28-2016, 09:33:31 AM   #13
VinceSE2
FKA VinceSE

In the garage:

Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3fl3x View Post
In for more pictures and detail!
I'm glad you seem excited! Hang in there, I'm working as fast as I can to add more details and pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by KubinB View Post
I can attest to this solution holding up and not moving even under harsh driving conditions. It's concealable and from what I've seen has eliminated any flexing of the RACP. I kept the cover off to monitor the brace and I am very happy with the results. I have done enough e46 subframe repairs and reinforcements, this looks like it will be the go to if i have to do anymore.
Thanks for chiming in Bill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idntknow2005 View Post
Can't wait to get mine in. Plenty of pictures will be taken and posted here, if that's fine with vince.
Excellent! That's not only fine with me, it's also much appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater View Post
i'm very excited to install mine, first in a non-M (2004 330i ZHP). we'll also be putting one in an LS-powered E46 330Ci w/ M3 rear end.

vince has put a lot of effort into this solution, and a lot of care, and it shows. will he single-handedly be able to save the fate of the E46 RACP? stay tuned...

peter
Yes, although I don't see any reason it shouldn't fit in a non-M, or sedan for that matter, I'm also very excited to see this done!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
I'm very interested in this, I've been following Vince's work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
Hey Vince,

- Am i blind or is there no pricing information in this topic yet?
- Can i drive up to you (from NL) and can you install it in my M3? (i will PM you about this)

I don't fully understand this. How do you ship this kit? Pre-welded is an option?
You are not blind! I've just not gotten there yet, I can't find time to type it all at once. And as I don't believe there is a way to hide a thread/post until it's done, the unfortunate result is a half baked post for awhile.

Yes, I have started planning for a few installations later this fall. And believe it or not, you wouldn't be the one driving the furthest!
I'll respond to your PM later today (need to get this group buy thing done first)

Yes, up until now I've offered the kit's pre-assebled, this option will still be available. The new option is to buy the components and assemble them during installation. For a DIY'er this will probably be cheaper and more fun. If installation will be done by a shop it might be wiser to buy the pre-assembled units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopnasty4424 View Post
I'm definitely interested in this! A price is a must have tho

And can you post more pics of everything installed?

How does it affect the trunk area? Does it look factory when everything is said and done and put together? Will this kit combined with a plate kit from Turner or reddish eliminate all worry and concern for our infamous racp problem? Will there be detailed instructions included so a shop could weld both of these reinforcements in at the same time without having to "thread surf"?
Absolutely, prices and pictures of the kit installed will be added soon.
As for pictures there's actually already a lot of such in my other threads, see my sig.

It does not affect the trunk area the least bit, that's one of the beauties (if one values retained functionality and practicality as I do) of this solution.

Yes, to my very best understanding and knowledge (and I've put a LOT of time and effort into this) properly fitted underside plates (and fixing any potential cracks and popped spot welds) together with my kit properly fitted should take care of this once and for all.
I recommend welding the Redish plates as those plates offer so much better coverage. They could be properly epoxied (ShoonerM3 has done so), but the forming of the plates is pretty time consuming, and I believe parts of those plates should be welded together to create a "formed plate" in lack of a better word. You should also make sure to somehow tie the plates into the threaded receivers (the second layer). Normally this would be done using a rosette weld, hence my (and their) recommendation to install the Redish plates be welding.

For those who prefer epoxy/rivet install of the "plates", but don't quite like the TMS-style plates, I'm planning for such "pre-formed plates". Stay tuned.

I will put together proper documents with installation instructions, but for now the threads are the instructions.

Last edited by VinceSE2; Thu, Jul-28-2016 at 09:40:27 AM.
Jump to top VinceSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jul-28-2016, 10:33:04 AM   #14
SocratesRising
Chess is King

In the garage:

United States

How much weight will this add to the car?

Slicktop * Cloth Seats * AS SSK * Besian

“All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed
in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.”

― Winston S. Churchill
Jump to top SocratesRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jul-28-2016, 12:28:25 PM   #15
slater

Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocratesRising View Post
whatever it is, it is worth it, no?
Jump to top slater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jul-28-2016, 12:28:33 PM   #16
idntknow2005

United States

My kits should be in next week. I will begin on them as soon as they arrive. Will post pics asap
Old Thu, Jul-28-2016, 02:53:50 PM   #17
Dr M3an M3
Why does everyone think my name is Dan? lol

In the garage:

United States

As with IDontKnow2005, I am excited to get these on my car along with reddish plates. We will be documenting the process assuming everything goes as planned.
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jul-28-2016, 05:41:03 PM   #18
cholo0327

In the garage:

United States

Will this work on the convertible as well?
Jump to top cholo0327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jul-28-2016, 08:42:37 PM   #19
VinceSE2
FKA VinceSE

In the garage:

Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocratesRising View Post

Approximately 5-6 lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater View Post
whatever it is, it is worth it, no?

Oh yes! And the weight is right over the rear axle. And if one really cares about that extra weight it's easy to remove weight from the rear of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idntknow2005 View Post
My kits should be in next week. I will begin on them as soon as they arrive. Will post pics asap

Excellent, I'm looking forward to that!
BTW, have you managed to find the correct square pipe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
As with IDontKnow2005, I am excited to get these on my car along with reddish plates. We will be documenting the process assuming everything goes as planned.

Perfect! And please let me know if you have any questions or if something is unclear. I need feedback in order to improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cholo0327 View Post
Will this work on the convertible as well?

The rear bar will absolutely work. But I'm not sure about the front cups as the vert has an extra bulkhead directly above where they should go.

I'd need a vert in order to verify the fitment, or design something special for the vert.
Theoretically it should be possible to design something even sturdier for the vert as it could be attached to the aforementioned bulkhead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jump to top VinceSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Jul-29-2016, 12:09:58 AM   #20
riscal33

In the garage:

United States

My front mount has started to develop a crack. I've been closely following all of these threads. I can see how much time you have invested Vince. Thank you so much... in for details
Jump to top riscal33 is offline   Reply With Quote